Have you been a victim on this site?

Have you been creeped out, insulted, ridiculed or straight up verbally abused?
What are you stories involving another gager taking it too far?

Most Helpful Girl

• hmm, it's actually more common than you expect. iv seen it many times.

it has happened to me before but i believe I'm only a victim if i allow myself to be. if you just get into this mindset where nothing can hurt you, then i think you have control of every situation. ever since i joined, i decided to only focus on the benefits. members will come and go. you'll get new ones who come here acting like they own the site and some who just take a beating without saying a word.

taking control in a civil and mature manner is the best way to deal with twerps. in an online community in particular, iv figured that silence is literally golden. jerks can't stand it, so use it rather than talking and kindling a fire.

• There is an old saying "Saying nothing is more precious then gold, during moments of war"
      Having a strong mentality is perfect, but not everyone can ignore people's insults and verbal attacks. People have killed themselves over cyber bullying. It isn't the WORST thing, but its starting to pick up more and more. Especially since our society is long been leaning on Internet based websites to find love, friends, purchases, pets, etc.

• well there u go:)

i totally understand this, but i dont believe a person is incapable of doing it. EVERYONE is capable of shutting out peoples shit. the difference is that some people allow it to consume them while others dont. it's that simple.

What Girls Said 7

• I think most people here have experienced that sort of thing before. It is the internet, after all. I wouldn't call myself a victim though, I've never felt like a victim. I just consider it jerks being jerks and I don't pay them any mind.

• It's happened here.

• Yup people were rude to me initially now it didn't occur much

• im the victimizer.

• Once someone used me a swearword. He was just a bad character and he is no longer here. I did not care. I always say; i really do not take serious online kinda thing. People are just keyboard heros on internet.

• Yea there are some very rude members on GAG.

• Okay if you feel victimized or assaulted on a site like this one, then you seriously need to man up, or get the fuck of the internet.

• what you just said is sexist. Here is why, in modern society (not the fucking 20's) Men and women are both allowed to be as sensitive and free as they wish to be. Telling a man to man up is no longer the hard core statement to be this idea of strong individual. Instead your telling them to shove their emotions and thoughts deep inside their minds, would you say the same to a women who has just been raped or beaten? Probably not.. double standard in todays society is really disgusting.
      You need to realize lives are now connected through the internet, its just how it is. Until the EMP's start hitting and then nothing electrical will work.

• Honey, don't get your panties in a knot, it was meant for both men and women ;)
      You can't compare a man getting an offensive message on a site, to a women who have just been raped, that is just sick. If you can't handle people not being friendly online all the time, then you should get of the internet, drink some tea and pray to god that you'll never get confronted with a little thing called "life"

What Guys Said 12

• nah man i get worse shit on my fucking YouTube. hahaa.

• Right!, I swear I can't post anything anymore without people straight cussing me out for it.

• I get insulted a lot, I don't care.

• Victim? You want to see some victims, go see some of the 'victims' that were chopped up into little pieces by the narco gangs in Mexico.

I've been on hundreds of online forums since 1998. I've dealt with all many 'cowards behind the keyboard' during that time. In the old days I'd rip them a new asshole or two. Nowadays I've calmed down some and become more peaceful. Don't care much what they say. Plus I don't have lots of energy to waste. I try to channel any energy I have left to building testosterone so I can produce more sperm for wife.

Just develop thick skin, block assholes and pervs quick. 'Take what you want and leave the rest'... is an old 12 step saying that may serve you well.

http://i.imgur.com/V3YRqCe.jpg

• I've been a victim of Anonymous' bullsh*t.

• I have had messages from girls on here that have made me feel a bit creeped out.

• nobody can make me a victim... :-PPPPP

• Never got anything disturbing here. It's usually the girls who get dirty messages from a-holes.

• I have none.

• Some user called me a tool bag but in all fairness he was full of shit and just hating

• I was told I looked like a rapist... so I changed my pic to a mentally deranged newspaper editor.

• yeah a few times. I was too tired to argue so i let it go !!

• i'm the moderators' bitch