Why do people go on GaG just to bash the opposite sex?

This goes for males as well as females. They see a question regarding a relationship just to bash all men or all women putting everyone in this stereotype. They start off with most guys... or most girls...

Most Helpful Guy

• Because they are not interested in peoples views or the truth they just want people to support them with their false views. It is easier for them to blame the opposite gender than look at what they might be doing wrong. All it makes them is a massive turn off for the opposite gender.

What Guys Said 12

• It's far worse elsewhere (go on Tumblr and see some of the SJW/radical feminist/MRA battles). Some people (well, probably a lot of people) are bitter, or they're carrying other people's bitterness. For other people, it's their cause (wrapped up with how they see themselves).

Activists in general tend to be pretty black-and-white, narrow-focus folks. It gets really bad when you're talking about gender issues, where most of us will never experience what the other gender goes through. There can be a tendency to see only how good other people have it, and only see how bad your own life is, and generalize.

• I'm actually surprised we don't see more of it here. Perhaps that's because GaG is really geared towards the sexes understanding each other. Most gender discussions elsewhere end up being pretty acrimonious, which is too bad.

• Because sex and sexual topics are what interest people more than anything. Plus, the majority of users here are like around the age of 20. That's one of the most sexual (in terms of interest) parts of life. It's a top interest. That's why we see so many sexual topics here.

• its the internet. free for all. lol.

• Yeah, they're losers.

They should do what I do and go on GAG to bash both sexes.

• because i'm an asshole and i like to insult the opposite sex

• I don't bash no one i go on about my business

• Many people like to use the internet, to vent out the frustrations of their life. :-P

• Its probably out of their own personal issues or frustration with the opposite sex. And an open forum to do so is just a convenient means to do so. People can just be dicks. .. bottom line.

• Because a lot of people on here aren't happy wih their dating/love lives

• Because it's fun.

The females think that the males are "thirsty" or whatever for them.

The males think that the females are conspiring against them with "mind games".

Both are false.

It's an internet playground.

• Misogyny and misandry.

• Same reason they spend every waking moment on GaG just to bash it. They're idiots with nothing better to do.

What Girls Said 4

• I've seen that before. Apparently according to some people all men are cheaters and all women are shallow and arrogant.

• Yeah. Clumping all people into that is just pathetic. Like the good guys will blame all girls for not liking them because they prefer "bad guys", well what about us girls who like good guys? They never mention us.

• Because most boys are stupid cheaters who just use women.

(sarcasm)

If I HAVE to generalize I try to use "some" which means "at least one" more often than "most"

• That's good. I see a lot of "most" instead of "some"? I guess I'm guilty of it too 😅

• I try to use "most" only if I really think it's more than half.

• Just ignore it. It can be fun banter sometimes but most of the time its just some idiot that knows how to use a computer.

• There are many sexually frustrated people here...