Do you get offended by down votes?

Because I always see people comment after their opinion when they see a down vote like "oh thanks for the down vote" or "why would you down vote me?" and things like that.
So, do you personally get offended? If so, why are you offended?

0|0
27|28

Most Helpful Guy

• No, don't care. I've been on about 300 forums since 1998, so I've had all sorts of crap slinged my way. I'm coated with kryptonite, not much bothers me.

Guys / Gals... in the big picture, does it really mean anything anyway? Develop a little thicker skin kids.

1|2
    1|4

What Guys Said 27

• Every comment is getting down voted on this question haha let out the hate people let that shit oooouuuuttttt. www.nichomach.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Bruce-slap.gif

2|3
    7|3
    • fuck that! I am a force of unstoppable positive energy! :D :D :D *whooooosh!!!* *upvote* *thumbs up*

• Haha Bert Macklin.. changing lives one upvote at a time... what a guy!

• no I just keep on smiling, I have to deal with YouTube haters so this is shit compared to what I've experienced lol.

3|2
    4|10
  • I've had a few opinions get heavily downvoted but it just means they're against the norm, or the opinion happened to offend some people. To me it's no big deal. I usually get a random 1-2 up/downvotes on certain topics. Sometimes upvotes concern me too on some things.

0|2
    5|8
  • 2|5
    6|3
  • I don't get offended... the older I am, the more I realize that not everyone is going to like you! :-P

1|4
    8|10
  • Me after I see I have a down vote:

http://memeshappen.com/media/created/4qezug.jpg

1|3
    8|9
  • I never cared about either up votes or down votes!. I never checked them. there is no past, only future.

1|2
    5|5
  • I honestly dont.. and i have said one of the above sentences but only out of sarcasm like "thanks for the downvote" have a nice day. Its only purpose is to interact and maybe just maybe get a funny or stupid answer back.. a small conversation has either started or ended lol.

0|2
    1|4
  • On the contrary, I get extremely amused :).

1|2
    5|4
  • I don't get offended but I usually get interested in why my answer was disliked.

0|0
    0|1
  • Nah, people downvote the most random, non-offensive things. Nooo way I can take it seriously.

0|2
    4|4
  • You can vote here? That's new to me!

1|2
    6|4
  • Why would anyone get offended? It just mean that person is disagreeing. In other website such as Youtube's notorious comment section, you'll get fucked, if you're not clever enough cause there are no admin for comments to be removed.

1|0
    1|3
  • I didn't even know what that was lol

0|1
    4|5
  • Lol, no. I get down voted a lot if its anything relgious or politically oriented. :D

0|2
    1|4
  • Down voters makes me strongerrrrrr.. I feel alive :D

0|0
    0|1
  • I've got a love/hate relationship with them so no, not really.

0|2
    1|4
  • I don't even look.

I am offended by how slow Qs open up and how fast worthless "Takes" open up.

0|1
    5|6
  • girls are weird so I'm learning when to go anonymous

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol why are most of the opinions of this thread downvoted?

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha I know. As soon as it started, everybody just started down voting lol. So funny.

• Lol yeah i think they just doing it for fun :P
      Probably i will get some too! Cmon ill eat downvotes for breakfast tomorrow :P

• Not really, they have the guts to comment hence they down vote

0|0
    0|1
  • No I don't care, only the weak minded downvote me.

1|1
    1|5
  • I don't give a fuck, what these bitches want, thug life is mine!

0|0
    1|3
  • Gag is for fun so why bother?

0|0
    1|3
  • I don't get offended by down votes.
    When i see i have a down votes i say "many patients hate treatment, medications aren't sweet"

0|2
    3|4
    • This applies only to the haters.

• I masturbate over down votes which usually results in a very sore foreskin.

0|3
    5|6
  • I begin to cry and masturbate at the same time when I get 5 downvotes. It's only happened thrice.

1|1
    6|8
    • Here you go. Don't cry too much, and be careful of chaffing.

• Show All
    • Haha ikr

• Moral support?

What Girls Said 27

• I don't get offended. It just amuses me that people are too lazy to tell you what they disagree with and just choose to downvote you... it doesn't mean much unless you can actually tell me why you don't like my answer :P Till then it's just meaningless.

1|2
    6|5
  • I don't get offended. I only get surprised depending on my opinion. Like, some opinions just aren't worth upvoting or downvoting, because they're so neutral. I answered a question not too long ago, about what color t-shirt I'm wearing. If someone downvoted that, I'd be surprised, because there's no point in downvoting an opinion like that. If I say something provocative, or have a "controversial" opinion, I kind of expect downvotes because it's normal to disagree with me on those points. What's not normal is downvoting me just because I'm wearing a gray t-shirt, you know.

2|0
    1|1
    • LOL. that made me laugh. somebody downvoted you because of your shirt hahah. i've had stupid downvotes like that too.

• @dolphiny I haven't gotten a downvote on my shirt opinion (yet), but I've gotten downvotes on similar opinions. It just doesn't make any sense to me :p

• ooh oops i read it too fast haha. i wouldn't be surprised if they did downvote it.. people are ridiculous.

• People hate it when someone answers something seriously and with thought, or scientifically. Those replies of mine got the most down votes lol. I don't really get offended because I don't really believe my opinions to be certainly facts. People don't like people that look smart (er than them) and maybe I come off as pretentious, I don't know. Funny comments get the up votes. But I want to be of as much help as I possibly can.

1|0
    2|1
  • sometimes if it's over something stupid. if someone does it in spite of me then i'll get a little annoyed, more than offended. it's just like lol really, you had to do that? i say something simple that the person doesn't agree with and they downvote me. haha alright.

0|0
    2|0
  • if i deserve it nope, if i know i'm right yes, if its a troll yes, if its legit nope, can't appease everyone, so i just stick to being myself :)

0|0
    2|0
  • Yes.
    Every so often I cry myself to sleep
    Asking God why?
    Why did they have to downvote ME?
    I'm a good person and I eat all my vegetables..
    I get confused and wonder what I did to deserve this kind of treatment from the gagers that I love so much.

0|0
    2|0
  • no I don't have E for everybody written across my forehead www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a7136-a-willow-s-strength-written-by-aaliyah-c

0|1
    2|1
  • No. My reaction to downvotes goes from indifferent if it's something someone could genuinely downvote to amused if it isn't.

2|3
    3|5
  • I don't often care, but it does bother me when I've said something incredibly logical and sane, hypothetically: don't set fire to your house, it's a really bad idea! And that gets a downvote. It doesn't bother me but I do think that it must just be someone who doesn't like me and are just doing it for the sake of it, which is pretty sad.

0|0
    2|0
  • I don't. People disagree with me all the damn time. So I know I can't please everyone. I don't candycoat my answers, so it's bound to offend someone. Sucks for them :)

0|3
    4|3
  • Not really, but I do wonder why sometimes. One answer I gave was a thoughtful one but a bunch of girls downvoted me. I can't figure out what it was that caused so many to downvote me. I didn't take offense, I just wondered why they took offense. I can understand why if I say something offensive something though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Haters gonna hate
    pls downvote me haters
    :D

1|0
    2|1
  • Nah. I secretly like them. Gimme some!

1|0
    4|3
  • I usually just make fun of down votes. :)

0|2
    4|3
  • Hi
    *waits for downvotes*

1|2
    4|3
  • I couldn't care less.. Most people only want hear what they like anyhow

0|0
    1|1
  • why care? its like it doesn't affect what matters to me, so it's nothing to be upset about.

0|2
    2|1
  • Yes sometimes, depending on what they down voted me for. like i got down voted once just because i said i wanted to have mixed babies? like wtf?

0|1
    1|1
  • No because everyone has different ways on how they view certain situations!!!<3

0|0
    2|0
  • Brace yourself

Downvotes are coming

1|2
    2|1
  • Nahhh, I don't care.

1|0
    1|1
  • Nope.

--filler--

0|2
    1|1
  • I don't get offended because everyone thinks different. If they dislike or like it. I don't care 😊.

0|2
    2|1
  • I don't even notice for the most part so I could never be offended by a down vote.

0|2
    3|4
  • Nope couldnt care less

0|1
    3|2
  • Nope, I don't even know who the heck those people are.

0|2
    3|3
  • I don't get offended, I sometimes thank for it "Thanks for downvoting... you feed my ego."

0|1
    4|4