Can blocked people answer your questions?

I am blocking people on here who i don't like and i wonder if they will be able to post on my questions.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you ask anonymously, yes. Otherwise, no.

• @Riverock Blocked people can post on answer if the blocker's question is anonymous. However, if the asker's identity is shown, then blocked people cannot post, if I recall correctly at all - even on other people's opinions and comments.

• @riverock dedication at its finest :p

• I'm doing it for all those who don't know. I'll report my findings to you in 2 weeks. XD

What Guys Said 7

• no they can't

• LOL of course not, otherwise blocking would have no meaning at all :-P

• Yeah, if you go anon, nobody knows who you are, including the blocked people, so they can still post.

• If you post anonymous, yes they can reply.

• Yes but you can choose to not allow anonymous people answer. Then the blocked ones can't answer

• Not liking someone is a bad reason to block someone. TGaG isn't preschool or kindergarten.
    Blocking is intended to stop harassment, thus to protect members, NOT to silence members.

• If they are causing me discomfort then i can block them.

• It is when the person i being annoying and talks nonsense even if they know it's not true.

• Asker, thanks for exposing so clearly were there's a bug in the blocking feature.

• Yes, we can.

What Girls Said 7

• You're blocking people on here you don't like?
    http://replygif.net/i/628.gif

Cool, add me to the list. I don't believe in silencing those I disagree with. If you don't agree with someone's opinion, you either debate with them or you ignore them. The block feature was designed to stop spam and harassment, not shoving your fingers in your ears going "lalalalalala" like a little baby.

You and I will not get along, so you best be a nice little coward and block me now, before I hurt your precious feelings.

• There are just some topics i am very close minded about, and i am not willing to take opposite views on, there is nothing wrong with that.

• LMAO maybe you should think more effectively.

• So, no basis for your claims, then. Thought so.

• If you ask and answer anonymously, people you blocked can post on all your stuff just like normal. Going anon works against you in that way.

• They can only post when you ask anonymous questions.

• Anonymous, you cannot have people blocked. Not anonymous - then, yes, people can be blocked off of your questions.

• I thought only if you asked anonymously?

• If it's anonymous, yes. Not anonymous, no.

• Damn it.

• Does that mean if the blockers question is anonymous or the blocked person's answer is anonymous?

• @RiverRock
      I'm pretty sure it's only if the question is anonymous. If you comment on something anonymously, blocked users can comment on that, too.

• If you post anonymously they can answer your questions.