Does down / up voting matter or is it just for your ego boost or deflation?

Does it cost you or any points when you vote up or down?

Does it give them any points when you down or up vote them?

Is there any real purpose to it?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it doesn't cause you to gain or lose any points. It's just a way for other member to express agteement or disagreement.

What Girls Said 5

• Having your answer upvoted used to give you xper points in the past (if my memory serves me right). But now it doesn't really make you gain or lose any points.

• If someone upvotes you, I think you get a point for it? Not 100% sure, though. Nothing happens with downvotes.

• No one gets/loses any points through up or down votes. But it helps in deciding the MHO, and generally reveals the popularity of the opinion.

• To clarify, it helps YOU in deciding the MHO? Of is it if the asker does not pick MHO then the auto picker uses the up and down votes. Is that it?

• Yes, the system does use votes as one of the criteria to decide the Auto-MHO.

But I feel its very helping in understanding the opinions trends and their popularity. It can also tell you how many friends you have (or haters lol).

• I have no idea, but I would also like to know.

• It doesn't really matter. It just tells you if people agree or disagree.

What Guys Said 4

• No, there are no Xper points gained or lost from opinion votes, as stated in our FAQ. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/xper#57
    Votes are to show agreement or disagreement.

• Just for curiosity on what users thought about your answer.

• I wouldn't even say it has to do with ego really. I get a lot of posts with 20-30 ups, but I've also gotten quite a few downs (my 50 shades of grey comment had a massive amount lol). Either way it doesn't really matter, it just shows who agrees or disagrees with you.

• So it is nothing then... just fluff.

Where is the link to your 50 shades of grey comment? I'd like to see what set them off?

• All I said was that it wasn't that bad of a series lol.

• My ego boost!