What are some benefits of posting a rate me question?

I've only ever asked one as a joke on here.

Don't you think it would help motivate someone in fixing up their looks?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 11

• The good side of this is that it helps increase confidence for the person and give them a new approach on life: *Hey I'm not that bad, in fact I'm damn perfect xD

The bad thing is you're demeaning yourself to unknow strangers and seeing how everyone has their own preferences some people will not like you and the weird thing is people hold to the negative things and forget the good in an instant which lands them in a world of sadness and self sorrow...

Self rating is the best!

• It let's people know what others think of their appearance. Some people might think they are fine or looking for ways to improve. It may be difficult to ask friends this kind of questions so asking internet strangers could help

• Part of me feels the anonymity in knowing you can give an opinion on them without you being blamed for any hurt feelings would help. However, I also feel like people just naturally rate lower and that some people aren't "photogenic" and that simple things like lighting and whatnot can interfere with giving an accurate opinion.

I honestly lean more towards the side of being able to give an accurate "rating" in person because I feel that people would be less likely to be comparing you to a supermodel and really getting to see how you look in person. When I used to meet a lot of girls off of dating websites pretty much every case was the girl looking better or worse than their photo. This is excluding girls who purposefully used outdated/misleading (like face only) photos hoping I would just "settle" for them when I met them in person.

• Benefits of posting a rate me question?
    You'll get +1 Xper & such Questions easily gets more than 10 Opinions +5 Xper more. Plus you can show-off to the community that how hot you're.
    I don't see any practical benefits. You'll get under 6 rating only if you're LUCKY.

• There ain't any benefits, other than giving me the chance to respond in a sarcastic vein, as I do once in a while!

• I think it's a totally double edged sword. I would never do it.

• there are no benefits basicaly... it's just for fun

• I made one to strictly know where I stand in terms of looks. The answers I got were mainly 7, with a few for 6 and the rest at 8+. What does this tell me? I'm not too shabby and I know exactly what I can do to improve. If skinny as fuark right now and if I'm getting 7s from that, it means putting on some weight would help me tremendously, that's my goal.

• Temporarily boosted confidence (if you get positive ratings)

knowledge about where you stand on "attractiveness scale"

possible compliments (who doesn't like those)

• Everyone wants to get an appreciation in one way or the other.

• 1. You get to feel better about yourself.
    2. You get to become self-righteous about yourself.
    3. You get people adamantly defending you for no reason.

What Girls Said 7

• We need to be assured time to time if we're good looking enough. It is nice to hear from people. But final assurance is your self. You have to love your self. That is the most important thing.

• Helps in ego but also a double edge sword coz not always one wld receive all good feedback and it wld burt the asker even more.
    Unless the asker is prepared mentally, best not to ask.

• Either the person wants to be showered with compliments or they are seriously insecure and want honest opinions. I don't think there is any benefits.

I remember that rate me question. 😉😏

• You think it's better to just ask certain people?

Yay lol too bad it got removed. Do you still have the pic?

• Yahh, good point. LOL I delete right away too.

• Pm meh the HAWT pix! I can help be ur judge :3
      Right ma luver?

• Hmm.. It could boost your self esteem I guess if you get good ones.
    When I was 13 I'd get on myyearbook and go to the "rate me" threads.
    Didn't really boost or lower my self esteem though.

• Honestly I can't think of one positive thing.

• some people gain their confidence by the opinions of random strangers on the streets (like girls who show too much skin, overly dress, overly sexualize every breath they take... etc)
    others do so via rate questions
    some do both lol

and then they walk around telling people how confident they are and comfortable and thats why they sexualize themselves lmao dare them to wear conservative stuff , probably will kill themselves lol
    who will compliment their body? how will they get false temporary confidence? lol

ok i got off topic here but i needed to get it off my chest lol but yea you're not like the previous dw lol

(btw i only talked about girls because im one)

• I like people to be honest with me regardless of whether or not what's said is kind or not. As long as the commenter is really trying to help than I don't mind if what they are saying may hurt me. I find that for the most part people online are more honest because they don't know you, whereas people you know or if you're face to face with somebody they usually feel bad and lie in hopes of avoiding a disaster. So yes, that can be very annoying seeing people asking day in and day out about how they look because insecurity is a bothersome thing but the motives behind why the person is asking is what I question.