Is it just me, or should this website have a better policy with minors on here? Please, read and comment.

So EVERYONE on here can join EVERY topic! You can join this website from when you are 9 years old. That means that 9 year old kids read about sex, read about people asking for sexual advice and the worst: they can even comment it, or join the discussion!!. They can ask these things themselves 2, anonymous and they can get in contact with nasty people on here, who might wanna take advantage of that!. I think this website is GREAT, don´t get me wrong. I helped people and people helped me out! But should it not be like, that people with accounts in the age of ´´under 18´´ cannot see sexual topics and questions? It is just something I wonder... It worries me. Give me your opinions please!

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's fair to limit minors access to answering or reading questions, I was taught sex-ed when I was 11 at school. Although I do believe that there should be stricter control on who has the ability to message minors. While I am 18 next month, I frequently receive sexually perverse messages from those 35+. I believe messaging should be controlled so that those under 18 only have the ability to communicate with those under 18 too.

• We ask that you please Block any member that does that and Report them from their profile, so we can take care of that.

• @lastgirlscout good deal you're aware of that.

• Blocking members only solves the problem after it has occurred, there should be a measure to prevent it happening in the first place

What Girls Said 5

• From what I have answered many times with Questions dealing with Minors, chappie, most of them are teens in school 13 and above.. however, who is to say there isn't Someone who is younger.
    Yes, I do agree that there Should be an age limit where Questions can be Asked and Answered, for instance13 and above is fine in my Book of Sex Education.
    However, when joining this site, which is Great, no doubt, I have my own 'Doubt' Who is telling Anyone how old they really are... GAG doesn't ask for ID... xx

• So you think 13 year old kids should be able to experience and have sex?

• Thank you, jacquesvol... well said... I could not have said it better myself.. whether they are here to ask a Question, they can easily go behind mom and dad's back at home to have sex... I did and it never made me a bad person, just someone who had experienced First love, a magical land.. maybe with Asking Questions Here, they can learn or maybe even Learn from their own mistakes.:)) xx

• Yes, it's inappropriate for kids to have access to some of these topics and to be honest, their often immature, small-minded, pre-mature perspectives dilute the atmosphere.

• I would like the option of making my questions Over 18 only but I don't believe censorship of tue under age is productive. Stopping creepers is very important though, so many creepy old people creeping about the younger, attention seeking little girls.

• New users tend to misuse the freedom they get on here, but the ones that stay on eventually realize or if can't, they leave, so its not really that bad!

• Wait are you suggesting that the age requirement be lowered to 9? Because users need to be at least 13 years old to join.

• Wrote with the admins, one of them said 9.. but even 13, is still too young!

• No admin ever told you we allow 9 year olds.
      Minimum age for G@G is 13 and that's never been confused or miscommunicated.
      Perhaps you were speaking to a mod and not an admin.

• okay.. sorry for that! Probably got that wrong then! thanks for replying GirlsAskGuys!

What Guys Said 5

• Age 9 is not correct. Minimum age is 13, as stated in our FAQ. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq#93

Here at G@G, we feel that teens need even more help with understanding the opposite sex, since they have less experience and people often try to keep them from learning.
    As for sex-related topics, we allow G@Gers under 18 to ask questions but nothing overly explicit, and nothing about asking for sex tips. That, too, can be found in our posting guidelines. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq#93
    We want to encourage them to come here, ask real people about things before TRYING something that they're not ready for. It's all part of helping people understand each other better.

• I'm very conflicted on the underage users here. First, I'll say I agree that it's disturbing to think about minors being propositioned for sex and propositioning adults to speak sexually. GaG can get very racy, and there are some very adult topics being discussed.

With that being said, ANY type of control will just be thwarted and ineffective. How can you ever truly filter out minors? All they have to do is lie about their age and they're in. I see it all the time.

Secondly, especially in the US, sexual education is abysmal. There is some good advice from GaG users. A teenager thinking about sex who learns about birth control for the first time here, might not get pregnant down the road. We can't fool ourselves and be ignorant that kids as young as 12-13 are sexually active in this country.

• For one, this isn't a literotica site - they won't come across any fetishes or gross stuff. Furthermore, this site mainly produces advice content when it comes to sex - not misconceptions about sex. That means that this site is like readily available sex-ed, which any growing preteen needs. Children shouldn't be shielded from sexual content - but neither should they be directly exposed to it. They just need to be made aware of it.
    Besides - what kind of 9 year old is going to log on to GAG anyway?

• so, kids of 12 should know about sex already?

• There's a whole host of bad attitude on here that I would be appalled if my young child, especially male, were to read. I'm not on about the sexually explicit stuff I'm on about the attitudes and hatred toward the opposite gender. So many arseholes stood on soap boxes waiting to fill people's heads with spite and judgement. Way worse than talking about cumming on someone's face.

• Indeed, kids of 12 should know about sex already.

• Maybe. But it's challenging.

I would also note that every kid with internet access is two clicks away from hardcore p*rn .

So in general, you'd like to see a few things:
    - make it so kids don't stumble on stuff they're not ready for, and keep predators away.
    - give those who are ready for it real and complete information so they can make good decisions.

• Interesting topic. I could easily see both a reason for and against a better policy with minors.

Good: they're asking questions that a parent might not be around to answer or they don't feel comfortable asking parents.

Bad: them not being open and honest with parents.