A question about user percentages?

Yo, so I just went on my profile, and I got a percentage (17%), and I assumed that must be my opinions to MHO-ratio. But it says "17 out of 58", when i've answered over a hundred. What does the "58" represent then, if not total questions answered?

Most Helpful Girl

• woahh!! yeah thats right, huh... Maybe its only calculating questions that have MHO given? Like if someone hasn't given MHO, they dont count it into the percentage? I don't know that's my guess.

What Guys Said 2

• I believe the number is based on questions that have MHO selected. What I mean is that not everyone selects MHO for their questions so that wouldn't count on your percentage as a non MHO post. If you get my drift. Just say you make 100 posts, only 50 of the questions you answered have been given MHOs and only 8 of those 50 were your opinions. Something like that?

• Our FAQ is full of information like this. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq#178

Not every Question you share on has a Most Helpful Opinion. 58 is the number of Questions that have MHOs.

What Girls Said 3

• It means you've only made 58 comments. It doesn't count commenting on other people's comments though.

• So wait, you're saying it counts comments as "opinions"? It says on my profile though, 'Total Opinion (s) 167', And honestly, there's no waaaaay i've posted more than, say, 30 comments in total.

• MHO % (found on your profile page) reflects how many times you've been awarded Most Helpful on Questions with a MHO.
      For example, if you shared 100 Opinions on 100 Questions who have MHOs and you were selected for 50 of those Opinions, your MHO % would be 50% (50 out of 100).

• yeah I think comments are just sort of aggregated at the bottom of your profile in a feed kinda so it doesn't really get counted? They always had a problem with comments actually, due to the web host I think. They've never been able to impliment a notification system for comments, which I think they were trying to do a while back, like you have with Facebook

• I'd likta know that too..:/

• I think the MO is kind of an odd number. Not sure if I buy it. Also most folks come here to get the answers they are looking for I think.