WTF is up with posting Anonymously?

I am repulsed by the amount of people on here that are too chicken s*** to post their screen names. Do you agree?

• heck yeah
  • no
  • anonymous

Most Helpful Guy

• I have done it not to be a dick to people and insult them but sometimes I take a stance on things which could be very controversial such as rape, abortions etc... and my opinions could be taken the wrong way
    People on this site don't respect an outside perspective on things when it opposes their views therefore it's just easier to say what I want to in ease without being potentially harassed in messages for example

What Guys Said 16

• Posting anonymous and giving out private facts about oneself, acceptable up to some extent. Posting anonymous and slandering, bullying, putting in insulting comments, what's up with that?

Voted A

• its whatevs. they are anon :D

• i definetely agree. i never use anonymous feature, and i don't allow anonymous posts on my questions anymore. if you want to say sth then say it with your user id... after all you're already anonymous. a user ID is a user ID

• I don't care at all. If they are not comfortable then that's their business. Means nothing to me.

• Nope. I don't post here to stalk people or anything, I just try to help by answering questions. This site is entertainment to me, literally everyone could be anonymous and I wouldn't care at all.

• There are too many, although sometimes it is necessary.
    Even if you use your screen name, we still don't know who you are, anyway.

• Not really, if people want to make use of a legitimate option provided by the website then I fail to see what there is to be repulsed about.

• You are right in many facets. But still this is an opinion site. Its called "GIRLSASKGUYS"... which means opinions will be given. I posted this to prove my own theory: " MANY people are so quick to be two faced and/or not really have an opinion of their own. People are so consumed with rejection. .. they dont wanna get odd theirs asses and do something about it becuz everything should be handed to them.

• No, this is the responsibility of the asker to disavow anonymous members to post

• I generally mention this now and again, glad I'm not the only one to point it out.

Like, damn, its the interwebs. Be yaself. Tools.

• Doesn't bother me either way.

• I just don't care lol

• I only hate the ones who go anonymous to be dicks. I can understand when someone goes anonymous to prevent harassment through PM or because they are more comfortable being a ghost.

• I would almost agree with you... but there is a known fact: if you are going to post online... you must be prepared for other opinions. And almost ALWAYS is there a "report" link. If people are afraid of using it then that is their own RESPONSIBILITY and fault. I think a majority of people are too lazy to deal with it. Being on the www requires a certain amount of responsibility. There multiple people in our schools and online to teach us how to utilize those chains if need be... so there is no excuse why people can't take the responsibility and turn people in for harassing them. Claiming anonymity only when you have an opposing opinion is ridiculous. Its a cowards way out.

• What you gonna do abut it?

• LOL. Everything on here is basically anonymous.

• Meh, technically they can do whatever they want. But I tend to block anonymous replies on many of my questions.

• because you don't want anonymous replies or because they're being a jerk?

• @AshleyMD No I just tick "Don't allow anonymous opinions" on most of my questions

• Says the girl with the username sparemeyourbs

• Really ANONYMOUS? REALLY coward? there's a major difference between posting PPI and hiding a screen name becuz you are too chickenshit and afraid of someone hurting your ego and pride. If you can dish it... man the fuck up and take it. Im done with you.

• You didn't see the little box at the bottom of the screen, you're clearly smart enough to see that, right?

• No I didn't. Im still becoming familiar with the site if you noticed in previous comments about how to block anonymous posters from any questions i may post. But I will check it out.

What Girls Said 10

• I don't really give a shit. Some people just aren't comfortable with sharing too many personal details about themselves publicly and that's fine.

• I will keep answering and asking questions anonymously and no one shall stop me, dove. :p
    People should be free to do whatever they want. I am against harassing people anonymously, but if the anonymous feature is used for other reasons, then it's totally cool.

• i dont really care/notice lol

why does it bother you? like you dont them in person anyway right? its all about the opinions itself (the words) and it tells you if the poster is a guy or a girls too
    why would you care who it is? im just asking because there seems to be a lot of people complaining about this lol i dont get i dont even care hehe

• I am fine with it
    Just that some people like to go anon to troll and be mean to people, if they have guts do it with their screen names. Anyway we won't get to see them in person at all why go anon and be mean

• Why does it bother you so much? People want to know things but might be afraid of being judged.
    And there's way too many stalkers on this site.

• Haha go ahead and down vote me, just because I don't agree with you. Shows your immaturity.
      Grow up :)

• Wow, people really love arguing lol just stfu

• I'm guilty of it and i want to see who will get nasty so i can block them too.

• Oh I highly encourage a difference of opinion. But for fucksake... TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR WORDS

• All I can say to that is stay away from the post or site. The www does not revolve around what we want. It is what is.

• At least i know who the dicks are here in this site

• Guess that says a lot about how punishing our society is to people with controversial opinions

• Yes, they're usually the ones that post the most repulsive comments but don't want to be seen who they are. Ha.

• I think you should calm down. Try and make a good agrument not just "too chicken s*** to post their screen names" Then come back to me.

• Argument**

• Here you go

"I think you should calm down. Try and make a good agrument not just "too chicken s*** to post their screen names" Then come back to me."

Now whose telling who what to do since the get go.

You know what... I. done with you too. This is ridiculous. Im tired of younger people like you are displaying, to play so victimized and how humanity has done you wrong.

• Humanity hasn't "done me wrong" it's done everyone wrong.

Oh how superior you are to me.

• I find it odd that people obsess over not seeing someone's screen name.

• Yes it can be but its the same idea as some girl writing a letter to your boss of something you did wrong and leaving it anonymously. Its coward. If someone is going to argue you are wrong... they need to take accountability for their words and actions. Otherwise... its completely wrong.

• Fact doesn't change into fiction, no matter the anonymity of the person who states it. All I'm saying.

• I agree with you that fact doesn't change into fiction. But fact vs. fiction is not even a question on an opinionated forum of people's point of view. Fact vs. fiction is something of the scientific research level. If I could find the facts or fiction in asking a question on ppls thoughts on why they post anonymously where nothing pertaining to PPI is given unless they allow it... I would buy off on it. As much as I have my solidified opinion about "anonymous under 18 years old girl" I will give her props for confirming my question is technically a statement. An opinion too at that. But I never claimed it was a fact or fiction for that matter.