Should there be a trolling option in the report section?

The title says it all really.

• Yes
  • No
  • Just live with it

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I'm more on the "just live with it" side. The trolling here is pretty light and controlled. Users are good at spotting trolls and even better at keeping them in check. Plus the majority of the trolling on here isn't serious at all and easily ignorable.

Another thing is that being able to report trolling could possibly backfire. On Yahoo Answers it got to the point where the trolls' new way of trolling was reporting questions for trolling -_-

What Girls Said 5

• Yes it should. That's a good idea.

• Actually there is, but only for reporting a member and not a question. So there isn't much to do about Anon trolls.

• Antagonistic is a choice. That's basically the same thing.

• sometimes i think there should be an other option with a small 100 character or so text box for you to fill in a reason for times where a comment to a question isn't obvious on its own e. g. a 30+ year old asks someone to pm him or makes a sexual comment just tame enough that on its own could be argued into expressing an opinion but its directed to a 14 year old asker who posted a serious question about sex ed.

• Yes! I never know what to select when reporting answers that are from trolls

What Guys Said 6

• You can use reasons Nonsense or Spamming for Questions, Spamming for Opinions and Comments.

• No because some are being dead serious but may come off as humorous

• it's called spam.

• Yes, the more options the better.

• No because there are times when I sound like I'm trolling but in reality I'm just giving my honest bigoted opinion.

• Well to say that there shouldn't be an option for trolling because you might get mistaken for trolling is an argument that could be used against any type of reporting.

• Yes, that's true. But what's your point?

• That what you have said isn't a good reason not to have a trolling option.

• No. People will use it to flag opinions they disagree with.