Isn't it weird the way some people decide to be anonymous?

Some people feel the need to remain anonymous when commenting on the most innocent of questions, while others throw their usernames out loud and proud on some of the most explicit, gross, antagonistic of discussions. Not that I think there's anything wrong with going anon, it's just weird what makes some people decide to.

Most Helpful Girl

• To each his own. Personally I think it's a little silly and I never go anonymous. I feel like I am who I am and you can take it or leave it. I also feel like if something is do personal that I have to go anon for it then it's probably best left unsaid. I don't mind anons too much though.

• *too personal

• @BelleGirl21
      You're welcum and I look forward to posting comments on the same threads as you in the future too ;-)

• Thanks for mh! 😊

What Girls Said 7

• I say what I want, when I want and I don't need to go anon for that. If i piss people off with my opinions then that's their problem, not mine.

• I actually DO think there's a problem with anonymity around here. I understand it's available to promote a free exchange of ideas on sometimes sensitive/personal topics, but many use it to be --obnoxious --inflammatory --rude --trolls.
    I mean seriously, what does it say about a person if the absolutely NOMINAL amount of accountability that goes along with attaching his/her views to a consistent user name is too much effort and responsibility for them?

• If it's something sexual then I understand. But if it's something like "What's your favorite music", then it baffles me. It's like really?

• I can understand their reasoning lol

• no actually when i do it , it is for privacy

• I do it because I feel like someone might read it and notice me in real life. I answered a couple of questions unanonymously and when I walked into class the other day, I felt like people kept looking at me a bit too long. I was probably just paranoid though. Lol I guess I don't want people to know so much about me also.

• Here's my story lol:
    I got an account here did the whole thing put a pick, asked not anon questions etc... But I've gotten really shitty messages like do you want to see my dick etc... So I deactivated my account and set up a new one and basically remained anon the whole time. And so far no shitty messages :)

• they will eventually find you! once they notice a profile with high xper but no history on it lol

• Interesting. If you never post under your actual user name, no one would ever know or see, right? Can you even search an actual user here?

• @hypnicjerk
      I was wondering the same thing idk!!

What Guys Said 9

• The only time I go anonymous is for the very odd occasional trolly response. Sometimes it's just fun to give a response that conflicts with things you've said and believe in the past just for the reaction.

I can see why some women do it often because there are gross fuckers on here that send inappropriate responses and pictures to them.

It's nice being a guy on here. The only private messages I receive are pleasant conversation or further questions from people that liked a response I gave.

• it's weird that something lke 90% of the questions are anonymous... and so are answers, if you allow anony answers.. even, as you say, on the most innocuous, non-controversial, impersonal questions. it limits the validity of any advice, since we don't know the person's ethnic background, personal history, country of origin...

I admire those who identify themselves, at least in terms of the above issues. After all, we're still not usually posting real pictures or names...

• if its going anon for saying what color shirt you like. yeah totally weird hahaa.

• unfortunately most go anon, in order to insult others :-/

• I could care less. Some just want privacy when online.

• No, it's not weird at all. Anonymous people still need their privacy. >:T
    Besides, some of them just likes staying anonymous to hide their identity, and to feel less embarrassed when they do something embarrassing.

• Se basa en la privacidad y la gente no quiere su pregunta o respuesta al p├║blico en el sitio Web.

• Yes it is...

• yup