Girls, guys, how often do you get mentions through the @mention function?

When the feature was introduced I would receive about one every 3 days or so.
Today, it's 1 to 2 per day. Though I love the feature, it's especially interesting if you think a fellow GAG'er may be capable of helping someone or if someone has commented on your opinion.

How often do you receive mentions?

• More than 2 times daily
  • 1 or 2 times daily
  • A few per week
  • (Almost) never

Most Helpful Girl

• Normally I get mentioned when describing personalities. Justbeinghonest is funny and honest.
    Basically that direct lol

• I confirm @justbeinghonest, you're funny and honest. And I like you for who you are.
      Hope you may have a better day today!

• Haha consider this not only the most helpful but also the most honest answer :-) :-)
      Thanks for being to honest and please continue to do it. Merry Christmas to you & Lola!

• Thank you !! You too xD

What Girls Said 21

• Maybe once or twice a week, not very often. I had one when I logged on this morning though that made me smile :)

• Yeah I read your opinion to the question asking for compliments! I wanted to answer the question as well but... I didn't have inspiration. Too early in the morning haha :-)

• Oh I was going to mention you in that "best of" post the other day for best advice, but I decided not to comment.

• Aww thank you so much Hans, that's very sweet of you to say :)

And thank you @cavmanier :) I try to give good advice when I can.

• The only time I get mentions...

Is when there is a question about who on GaG has nice eyes...

or something where my eyes can play into it.

• Who on GAG is wearing a cap @Betwyn?
      And of course, your eyes are impressive. But you're more than just eyes. Nice person. Thanks for being here as counterweight to all those creeps and anon insulting specialists!

• I thought everyone had a crush on you.

• @justbeinghonest That would be news to me lol

• I don't know Hans 😐 mostly this mofo is mentioning me @BertMacklinFBI lol once or twice every day? I really don't know.. People keep calling me misscoffeebabe and not Misscoffeehead lol I think I should change it according to what people see fit lol 🙈

• Oh but I don't think you want to be mentioned by the ones calling you misscoffeebabe hahaha :-)
      They're after the meat, not after the nice girl!

• Haha I've learnt a lot about you these last days: class lady, originally from Cambodja, 2 older sisses, drinks Bacardi, GAG's until early morning, lives where it's 10h later than here (must be the East Coast?)... soon I'll write your biography :-) :-)
      I'll be off in a minute or 5, going to the fitness room for some workouts! Staying healthy...

• Haha omg! 🙈 a bio on Misscoffeehead now that's something.. Mm.. Quite interesting to see! But sweet! Haha hey you might be able to do a better job then my current bio on GaG.. It's just got a song I have in my head, it's lyrics, and a happy holiday message to everyone on here lol 🙈
      Haha yeah cool cool.. You have to stay healthy.. When you can ☺️

• Awwww :(
    I wish I could know who voted D. I'd mention them :)

I get mentioned like once per week. Someone usually saying that I'm funny or give brutally honest opinions. 'Tis about it. It's nice to get them once in a while :)

• Oh goodness... let me tell me brutally honest that this mention is accompanied by a friendly message: I wish you a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year @BuchitaBuchys.
      So that's 2 menstions this week haha :-)

• Haha another GAG'er made me aware that the mention @asker goes into no mans land... this will not create a mention on the side of the asker... funny situation :-)

• a few times a day. it's usually all about one or two posts lol.

• Haha yeah I'm responsible for some of them :-)
      Sorry @harakiri I couldn't resest the temptation...

• it was lol, couldn't sleep

• Haha I see... is GAG'ing a good way to become sleepy? Or did it make you even more alert?

• I'm rarely mentioned. The only time someone mentions me is when I comment their answer or when they comment mine. Otherwise, no one mentions me (but that's because I'm not well-known on GAG).

• We'll make you better known @menina. Here's your mention for the week haha :-)

• I did a few times. A friendly girl. No idea why she left, except if she's changed her user name...

• She probably changed her username or she left temporarily.

• A few times a week I think.

• I'm going to mention @Soren since he only gets one a month, and I feel his pain.

• I really get mentions in my notifications not very often somewhat though. Some of them make me smile others not so much.

• Yeah that depends on the person mentioning you... if someone needs to vent frustration that mention won't make you happy :-(
      If someone want to appreciate you that's better. And if they ask you to help someone out that's fine as well...

• Haha, no problem! I'll give you one @AnayaWilliams :-)

• Thank you (:

• yeah but not for anything cool usually just when I dont reply to someone who's mad at me and they wanna get my attention :P

• Oh dear, are you such a naughty girl that you make many people mad?

• this is part of the war also. There is a war between those who have taken sides and those who have not. So by not taking a side, you have actually taken a side! Unfortunate :/

• Oh goodness Laura, your strategic knowledge exceeds that of General Schwarzkopf in the Gulf War and Rommel in WW2!

• I get at least one or two a day but that's because I comment on other people's opinions. Also, a lot of unnecessary mentions by people who don't realise you get notified when the comment on your opinion.

• Haha, sometimes it can be funny when people don't realize that. You know what I just heard about @LastGirlScout?
      Oh damn, I have something to explain now

• I used to get them a lot from @DreamAngel and now and then i get one from you and @NoDoubt

• Almost never but no one knows me on here

• Yeah with a private profile and no pic, people will be a little quiter around you haha :-)

• Goodness no... if the site offers that option why would I be sarcastic about it?
      Some of us enjoy the interaction and some enjoy being rather low profile.
      The only ones I really worry about, are those who push the anon button and start insulting people. They are a problem. All others are to some degree our friends. So don't worry, I wasn't sarcastic at all.

• Oh okay. You can never tell with the Internet. Yeah sure can go either way when you're just reading it. :)

• Maybe once a day?

• Haha now twice @LovesTVDx!
      Most of them positive I hope?

• Yeah! Or just replying to something I put haha :)

• That's nice to hear! We'll keep it like that... as far as we can influence the behaviour of the few who are less friendly :-)

• Ha, I had to go & check. I thought a couple a week. I had 14 in the last month.

• No no it's really 15 @Douride2, look again and you'll see :-) :-)

• Actually I'm quite good with numbers. It was one of my better subjects in school.

• In my case it's quite funny. I'm good with figures but I'm very bad in bookkeeping.
      I can more or less "read" a bookkeeping but if you give me a number of docs and say "book them" I'm completely in trouble :-)
      That's special because in my job - business controller - working with figures and checking info in the bookkeeping of the company is my everyday activity.
      So... I'm weird hahahah!

• Very often.

• Aha, very popular... that's because giving autographs is not possible on GAG :-)

• A few per week I think... never monitor

• Oh sorry Kangy, half of them are from me than I realize I mentioned you a few times in the last week :-)
      Look at your list of mentions, I was joking but it may even be true...

• women's talk :)
      @pingju

• Haha I don't believe that... woman's talk is something you girl never do? Do you?
      Haha, I'd love to have a cup of coffee with the two of you and get involved in some woman's talk :-) :-)

• I mostly get mentioned when I'm in a conversation. I am not that popular or well liked otherwise.

• Once or twice a month

• At least once a day. Usually by @chocolateismylover :D

• The mention function is the reason why I stay anonymous it's annoying as fuck

• First world probz

• Than why do you find it such a problem? Your GAG name itself also provides some anonimity so why would it be a problem to get mentioned? It's the interaction with people that makes GAG exciting!

• Gag is used so that a person is not blocked, mentioned or messaged. My account is open to messaging

What Guys Said 21

• I get them a lot... but about half of them are AustinMan recommending one of my articles/"MyTakes". LOL. (Not that I don't appreciate it!)

• @Hans222

The @ addressing facility works, just like the #search works.
    For the @ it's important to use the screen name the exact way it's spelled: @hans222 may not work @Hans221. is doubtful too.

• Jep, your opinion proves your explanation is correct... only one @ string coloured blue :-)
      We Belgians have an eye for such thing haven't we?

• ill mention @misscoffeehead for good laughs :D

• Dude.. You always give me the giggles!

• @Hans222 omg! Which reminds me 😋

• Yeah it was fun... I logged on and had 15 opinions + 1 intercontinental chat session.
      The 2 of you are obviously really good friends :-)

• Nobody ever mentions me. I don't care.

• probably once per day on average

• Very occasionally and only after I comment on someone's opinion. I do tend to make longer posts that I put a good effort into and people seem to appreciate my thoughts, but apparently I'm just not a very mentionable persona. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• lol I never get mentioned unless it's someone replying to me.

I didn't even get mentioned in the most uncool gager thread. :) I guess I'm not in on it with youngsters anymore.

• From time to time but usually it is if I comment on an answer.

• Same for me... max 1 to 2 per day espacially when I comment someone's opinion.

• Maybe one or two a day. It makes me feel special

• A few per week. Probably I'd have more if my username was shorter

• Haha, that's a good one: shorter usernames trigger more mentions.
      And if the username "cutie" (I didn't dare to put the @ in front or someone may be insulted) exists I bet it would receive many more mentions than us!

• You get a mention? Or just an alert that someone replied (in the OPINION) tab

@asker - for science

• Damn you're right, I don't see a mention occur. Oh my goodness if the id asker really exists that person will become mad!

• Seems to happy pretty regularly for me. Sometimes its exciting gotta admit. like 'weee who just mentioned me?' :P

• Almost never, only get mentioned once in a blue moon.

• Like almost never

• At least once a day, usually just a reply to a comment.

• Once a month. Not a member of the 'in' crowd anymore. Still nice though

• Probably never unless i comment on somebody's answer

• Jep I can imagine that with this GAG name... you won't be very popular mate!

• A few times per week

• Veeeery rarely

• hmm :D maybe 1 per months :D

• Come on mate your popularity needs to be worked on :-)

• I try to answer all decent questions. Not the 101 "what should I do help help help" questions...
      And yes, sometimes I must admit I don't have a clue what to say. But in general I can answer at least one out of every 2 questions.

• :D
      well that's good :D
      because, in general, i don't answer sexuel questions :D
      or questions about Relationship :D
      so i already have a chance about 5% :D

• None, I post anonymously almost all the time lol

• I got 3 in 1997 and 2 last year and in the year 1957 I got a record 47 mentions but that is when I had a full head of hair and before I lost my testicles in the war.

• Hahahahaha. You were a pioneer you know!

• For sure bwaaaaaaaaaah!

• :)
      .,.,.,