Why do some people answer a question in ANON?

I can understand asking a question in anon like myself, especially if its a sensitive issue etc, but some people have fantastic answers, but answer them in anon, so no one gets to know who the person is with great wisdom. I could follow them if i knew who they were, cos i have benefited by their advice? Why do you answer questions in anon?

Are you anons hiding from someone?
My goodness can no one tell my why, your clutching at straws here

Most Helpful Guy

• they're afrid that they'll spoil their User's ID reputation :-/

• At last, i have someone who has an idea what they are talking about , best answer so far, everyone else is just make randon guesses up

• thanks for MHO!!! XD

• At least you didn't shoot me down for asking the question or insult me. Thanks for that, i agree with your answer makes a lot of sense

What Guys Said 10

• You are asking this anon. It's a good question.

I answer anon because in this day and age people hate the truth. They hate reality, which is difficult and painful, and will lash out against anyone who tries to tell them the truth.

Some times people listen, but it's hard to tell what type of person you are talking to, even in real life.

It reminds me of a Bible verse: Matthew 7:6 Ye may not give that which is holy to the dogs, nor cast your pearls before the swine, that they may not trample them among their feet, and having turned -- may rend you.

"Rend" here means "Tear you to pieces".

People may respond violently to you trying to guide them into a more difficult, but ultimately beneficial way of thinking or living, because in their foolishness they have convinced themselves they are living rightly, when the end of their lifestyle is disaster.

• Yeah that makes sense, but does it matter if they lash out if you atrent in anon. its not like they know who you are anyway, but some answers in anon are nice so no one can take offense,

• Because they lack self confidence and they're not sure whether you will like it or get hurt.

• Well, it's a privilege a person has to be anonymous and some do it for protection from others or if you look some people can add your questions/ answers/ comments to Google, Facebook, Twitter , So yes they can get out there.

• People be scurred

• Anon answers are usually trolls, or they are afraid of being judged

• no i dont believe they are, cos there answers are too good to be trolling

• Bane, check the answers you got and get back to me

• ok will do

• afraid it would make them look foolish or have people make fun of their opinion
    some opinions can be very personal for either the asker or the opinion maker.
    and every now and than it's just reflex.

• Habit. I actually dont want a lot of data on myself on the internet.

• aren't annonymous with your id username anyway?

• Like i said, habit.

• For me it's because I got tired of being harassed by females who didn't like my views on certain subjects. It's easier just to go anon and speak my mind.

• I totally understand that, but why now?

• Why not?

Why are you anon?

• Haha to see if anyone would notice lol

• can u tell me how to do it :)

• well i understand why you are anon

• I think I will keep it to myself
      so u won't judge me
      and I won't be embarrassed of bad comments I wrote
      I'm not having lack of confidence
      but there are things I think of it as red line
      so when I talk about one , I comment as ANON

• Thats honest, thanks, i understand that, very fair comment. you would be second in place for MHO for that comment.

• Why do people donate crazy amounts of money to charity anonymously?

• no idea, but people's identities are hidden here anyway. i can understand you going anon

• @nothing_ its because he's anon, it doesn't work when you are. :P

• I know @kain7th. That's why I thought it was weird I got a notification. Because my name isn't highlighted.

What Girls Said 15

• Sometimes, they may tell something personal in their response and don't want it to be linked back to their account.

• yes i have thought of that, but that is not always the case,

• Other people like to troll and sometimes it's just because they also may not want to be seen answering a particular question. :/

• Because people give there advice and dont want anything in return they are just happy that they can give someone a little help

• Sometimes they are not confident in their answer
    So they block has a way to not get any negative attention.

• Why is asking a non-personal question in anon any better than answering one anon?

• are you silly girl its totally different

• I understand where you're coming from. I usually find that people go anon in sexual topics or if they're going to say something which could potentially offend.

• same reason that you are asking it anom.

• No its totally different,

• The reasons are different have you no logic girl

• Asker, you don't answer question as anon, and you say you don't know what the logic behind it is. So how do you know it's not for very similar reasons as asking questions in anon?

• I almost thought about being a anon here because I would get bullied a few girls for my views or not having perfect grammer but then I dasied not to

• Simply because they love their privacy

• Thats silly you should be in anon with that answer, its so shameful

• If they ask as ANON
    the past has revealed many more trolls & jerks looking to waste Good Samaritans' time
    so I go ANON with comments, just in case

• oh, thanks for the incite. Good comment!

• I always post anonymously on here. I'm here to help people, and apparently my answers are helpful a lot of the time. It doesn't matter who I am, or what I look like. I'm also not here to make friends. I've been on this site for about three years. It happens that sometimes I see some drama between two users and it always makes me glad that I am not known on this site. Being entirely anonymous helps people to stay more objective. I want to help people who need help, and that's all that I want.

• This isn't Facebook.. honestly I dont understand why people even put their real pictures up...

• How about we turn the question around. Why do you ask a non sensitive question all the while hiding behind anonymity?

• Very hypocritical of you. You are anon complaining about people posting as anon. There are some really good questions where users post anon too. I don't see you complaining about that

• This question asker is obviously a troll

• I do it because I don't want creepy guys messaging me with perverted stuff.
    People have their reasons for doing it. There's no reason to make a big deal out of it... Don't stress.

• No wonder you are in anon with your attitude, your a coward cos you give abuse in anon, come of of hiding so i know who you really are and face me , bet you dont

• LMAO I'm not angry, dear :D
      It's YOUR problem you can't deal with someone being anon, not mine.

by the way, I have lots of self control :3
      You must be some 12 year old.

• by the way, you're childish. No one's arguring ;)

• I don't want to be judged for the answers I give.

• in what way would you be judged though? a guy gave me great genuine advice which did help, it wasn't an answer which could be related to him in anyway, so i can't understand it

• Judged in any way.
      Obviously that guy had a very different reason for answering in anon than I do.
      I'm telling you that I do it bc I don't want people to see me around on the site and judge my answers due to the other of my answers.