Do you take under 18s on here less seriously than other age groups?

It's already in the title. I'm asking because I recently turned 18, so I'm now part of the 18-24 group. Would you take someone in the under 18 group less seriously than someone in the 18-24 group? (Assume their responses are all practically the same)

• I take under 18s less seriously than other groups on here
  • I take under 18s just as seriously as other groups on here
  • I take under 18s more seriously than other groups on here

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I would take them just as seriously as someone who is an adult. I look at the questions and realize "hey, I've been in the same boat when I was kid" we all have insecurities and relationship problems no matter what age. To be honest, I come across minors who are mature for their age and I come across adults who act like they are in elementary school. I actually like looking at questions that involve the "does he like me? He said I was very cute and asked me on a date?" It's pretty obvious that the guy likes her but the girl who asking it really doesn't know. I used to be clueless when it comes to signs from guys. So in a way, I get nostalgic when I come across questions like that and the really dramatic ones as well. It's because I can relate to them at one point in my life.

What Girls Said 12

• Despite being under 18 myself, I do at times take the other under 18s less seriously than the adults. However, I try to primarily judge based on actual quality of post. But when someone is saying something particularly stupid, I often have a reaction of "Oh, that explains it" if they're under 18. So yes, I do at times take them less seriously. But if they actually appear intelligent based on what they say, I give equal weight to their opinions (or try to).

• I have no issue with people who lack life experience or people who lack time on earth - what I don't tolerate are older people who have an over inflated sense of importance and think they are better than everybody else because of their age. Plenty of men fall in to this category. They are successful and use woman like sex toys because to them woman should submit to them and have no will or desires of their own.

• I do take them less seriously. Not on questions about self esteem or contraception for exemple. My difference about dating will be way different if the person is under 18 for exemple. It just moves so fast, at that time you change a lot.
    I probably won't take as seriously a 15 years old talking about a heartbreak as a 24 years old.
    I don't think they are stupid or whatever, I just thing that everything move so fast when you're a teenager, you change a lot, just like feelings.

• There are smart and dumb people in all the age groups. Age does not matter, but maturity of thinking.

• I only take them less seriously because your mind doesn't fully develop until your 20's. And unless they've back packed through Syria or North Korea and seen some shit, what wisdom do they really have? I will admit some teens are pretty experienced with relationships and sex. If that's the case... how can I pass up on their advice?

• I don't know.. 50/50.. There are some under 18's who have decent concerns and issues who really need the help and those others who are just seeking attention or fishing for compliments.. You can distinctively distinguish which one is which though.. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure which is which though

• honestly i do not take them seriously...

• Yeah sometimes tbh hahah. The most cringe-worthy questions come from people in that category.

• from what i've exprerienced and seen, people do take under 18's a lot less seriously. When i ask a question for help, people just mock me. It's pretty unfair really and thats why most people lie about their age online.. Haha it's a harsh world huh

• I vote C because I am under 18. So I think that most of them are going through what I'm going through so they understand me better.

• I normally try to avoid questions with the age group 18 and under , Because I see them as children. Depending on what the topic is , I've answered a couple of questions from that age group. I remember two were really intelligent , I was surprised they were so young. I really believe they were lying about their age , But usually I stick with 18 and over.

• Slightly, yes
    Happy b-day!

What Guys Said 7

• Lol I don't take em as seriously their not fully developed, not fully matured and they haven't lived life long enough. Or had enough actual real life experience to properly give advice to most of the stuff people in their 20s+ are talking or asking about. Like an example the heartbreak of a 15 year is completely different from heartbreak of someone in their twenties.

• I am 21, and I think people under 18 have their opinions. They are not just some "children"; they are individual human beings with independent thinking abilities, so I will take their questions as seriously as those of other groups.
    by the way, in fact, I almost never care about their age groups unless they mention in their questions.

• It really depends on the subject and questions being asked. Many are just looking for meaningless validation, while some are obviously looking for genuine discussion and advice. But I do tend to ignore the 18 and under group when they start asking silly questions about sexuality. Much of that is just nonsense. And sadly, a lot of validation questions like, "Are my (fill in the blank) big/nice/long enough?" and "Rate me" questions comes from the 18-24 year old group, too. I don't bother with those.

• No, I do not. I was under 18 once, I know what it's like to be in that life stage. Their opinions and desires deserve just as much air time as anyone else's.

• no..

everybody has points of value...

you're saying if an under 18 told you something that is factual or good sense, you'd dismiss it?

• no because its great to have lots of perspective

however i do see them taken less seriously sometimes which might be because their relationship experience doesn't extend outside of high school relationship so real world experience is lacking

I still respect their view!

• I just judge by people's answers, not because of their age