Are you conflicted as to whether or not to tell your friends about GaG?

Do you want to tell your friends about GaG, but can't because that would ruin the relative anonymity you love?

Do you find it hard to share advice you learned/gleaned from GaG without mentioning the site and going into details?

What would it be like if everyone in the world was on GaG? Insanity or World Peace?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/50869942.jpg

Let the answers flyyyyy

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I will never tell my friends about gag. The day they come here is the day I deactivate.

What Girls Said 23

• Yeah, I'm extremely hesitant to share it with my friends. I think a lot of its current appeal is a result of its small user base and I think with more people, the quality of questions and advice would decrease substantially. Plus, with a bigger user base, it would be harder to connect with other people and make friends because there would just be so many users. It's really hard to share the advice from GAG to friends and leave out where it's from! A part of me wants them to discover its radness but a larger part of me wants to keep it to myself so I can have all the fun >:)

• No, I don't tell people. I like to have my privacy. If anyone found out about GAG and it would NOT be through me, then I would deactivate my account and create a new one where it would be a little more anonymous. My friends are awesome, but they sometimes don't understand things I am going through or how I feel on certain topics. For example, I right now have multiple crushes on people and my feelings are a little mixed around. I've been kind of jumping from guy to guy with crushes within the past few months. I kind of have a thing for 3 different people at the moment. Guy#1 - things are complicated. Guy#2 - I don't even really know if I'm into him or not, we are friends, but I think I do see him more as a friend than anything else. Guy#3 - I am starting to develop a little bit of feelings for him, but I'd rather get to know him as friends first. With guy#3 I haven't told my friends about him because I'm scared they might judge me a little for having so many crushes.

I don't want to tell them because as soon as I do then I will feel that they will think everything I do while I'm around that guy is only because I like him. I may have a small crush on him, but that doesn't mean that I want him to be my boyfriend and I know my friends will probably make me feel a little embarrassed and I'll probably get shy around him. Due to the fact that I can't tell them, I like that I can go on GAG and talk about it and ask for advice on how to handle a situation with him since I've decided not to tell my friends and can't get advice from them. It's my outlet and I really don't want it to be discovered.

• na not at all. the only way people would know i had a gag account is if they read my diary.
    y is because id want them to let any of my friends know if i pass away, rather than thinking I'm ignoring them for 2 years.

• Exactly in your boat. I sometimes start talking about something I read and then shut up. I feel it would ruin my anonymity or they would wonder why on earth I was on here (I don't even know). It's my little secret :P

If the whole world was on here, it would be insanity and us mods would find it difficult to moderate everything.

• hell nope!! GAG is like my secret garden LOL... and by the way the grandpa in your meme looks like he's having a heart attack!

• I kinda mentioned it to one friend but I don't plan on really telling anybody about it. Not because I have anything to hide, just because I wanna keep it to myself lol.

It's like my little undiscovered magical safe haven. A rabbit hole if you will.

• Nope I linked my Facebook account with GAG so I'm not afraid cause all I said is true and my friends know me :)

• I've told a couple of friends the idea and certain topics but never said the name... Really not their business lol

• I mentioned it to one person when I first started coming on, they completely dismissed it. THANK GOODNESS! it's mine, ALL MIIIIIINE! muhoohaHAhaha!

plus I LOVE the anonymity. (:

• Nope. GaG is my dirty little secret

• My family and friends do not know about G@G. It feels like a sanctuary to be honest. And the opinions are objective not sugar coated. I love it so much. It is a welcome break from the outside world :)

• Lmao! Nope I show my friends all the time the good bad and the loca that happens on here.

• Nope, my irl friends will never know of this website. LOL.

• GaG is like a less magical Narnia, it's meant to be separate from real life.

• No GAG is my secret hideaway. hahaha

• My family and friends already know I go on here.

• I wouldn't tell them , i would just mention i know people from online but not the site name.

• I told them. They don't give a fuck.

• Nah. I already told 4 friends about it. One even made an account.

• Is that weird seeing each other's opinions on personal stuff? Or do you avoid each other/watch yourself?

• ?
      Not really. She's a friend so she already knows everything about me and how I think.
      Not like I have anything to hide.
      & She barely gets on, lol.
      She just looks around and stuff.

• I wouldn't really care hahah I haven't done anything too embarrassing on here [yet]

• I already told one of my friends about GAG

• no I wouldn't tell anyone gag is kinda like personal private secret place kind of thing

• No? This is not an important web side, I don't think about it unless Im on it, so why in the world would I want to tell anyone about it?

What Guys Said 17

• they didn't give a shit lol. they have more of a life than me.

• I show my SO some of my responses sometimes or if the questions are funny, but other than that, there is a reason why I useba different name here than anywhere else on the internet, haha.

I am not really conflicted. I don't plan on telling them, that would be social suicide.

• They wouldn't be proud that you're an anti-circumcision advocate and leader of freethought? What a world.

• Reddit is amazing.

• You should watch this documentary if you haven't:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXr-2hwTk58

• I shared the link from GaG on Facebook and Twitter (to get the XPer). My sister and brother (both younger) are both users here.

I may have told one or two friends, but it's not like I'm hiding the site from them; it just never comes up in conversation very often lol.

I'm not embarrassed about them reading what I posted; everything they will read, I'm almost certain they already know. I answer questions way more than I ask! :-P

• Good balance

• It's good for me, but I can understand why the ones who use this site mainly for seeking advice, may not want people they know in the real world to know about what they're asking advice about! :-P

• I've not told anyone about it at all as I tend not to talk to people about myself much... said too much already.

• I don't care if they know I'm here, but I don't want to give up my anonymity either. Like, I'd probably pull down my avatar picture so as not to be noticed.

• no i don't want them to know what i post here

• Nah this is were I come to spread wisdom, smash trolls and and relax. Also spread my intellectual wings if I find a question that both interests and challenges me.

• Same. I want to tell friends, but it's better for them to discover it on their own and everything stay (mostly) anonymous.

• Yea, plus if I told them then it would be "our" place and I want it to be my place and mine alone. Cause I'm just slightly diabolical in a Dr. Evil kind of way lol.

• No I wouldn't want to because the more people who came on here the more trolls we would have and more policing just look at what happened to yahoo? the website is practically dead now its good that is a more low key website.

• They know I use it. A lot of my earlier questions when I joined the site were inspired by our drunken conversations/arguments/debates.

• Exactly my feels. I often am about to tell a friend about a story or a funny question from GaG, but then I catch myself. It makes me ponder if any of my pals are also members and do the same thing to me. :-P

• Secret GaGers...

• Ja, it'd be too personal for my friends to know about this. Especially which profile is mine. There's a reason I will never post my face.
      .

• I tell no one.

• I want no one I know irl on here :)
    I appreciate being able to say whatever I feel without being judged in person.
    I can block people on here, I can only try to avoid the 50% of people I know that I don't get along with.
    Ok, more like 10%

• I doubt I'll be cast out if the arms of society if the whole world knew I was here. And gawd. If planet earth itself populated this site, it'd be insanity.

• Agreed. Insanity and penis questions upon penis questions

• But you're losing out on the Xper! You should profit off those penis questions!

• You're right! I should try out with some comedy gold, squirrel style!

• If I tell them, they will be sarcastic in every question/comment I make. So, no.

• only my closest girl-friend.

• They know im here but they couldn't care less lol

• I tell my friends that I think would be interested and some join some don't and none stay.