Which are you? Lurkers, Givers, or Askers?

I see a lot of different users on here. Some pop up here and there just to make comments. (Lurkers) Others want advice, while some people give advice, and then you have the regular users that give and take. This is actually my first question and I have been thinking about asking for advice, but it takes too much explaining to do. I'm a giver. So which are you?

• Lurker
  • Giver
  • Asker
  • Giver/Asker
Wow, thank you for all the feedback! 👍
For those of you who are wondering about MHO, I will choose it once the question is no longer featured.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lurker/Giver

I used to be an Asker in the beginning.
    Then I evolved into a Giver.
    Now I'm more of a Lurker than anything else.

• now she's the master :P

• I remember!! It seemed like your questions almost always had 5 stars and ended up on the popular page :) It's a little sad seeing you gone so much, but I know you're doing other things :)

• You're so sweet @cavmanier :-)

What Girls Said 57

• I mostly answer questions. I ask questions too but rarely to get advice, usually just when I'm bored so I'll ask something random to get opinions.

• I would like to see you ask more I'm sure you could have good questions to encourage intellgent discussion.

• @doctorwhofan23 Lol well thanks but I usually have a difficult time thinking of good questions. Most of my questions are just random things I thought of. haha

• I understand good questions are hard to think of

• I am the walrus.

• If my answer has already been given, I lurk and comment If I feel like I need to.
    I mostly give answers. Rarely do I lurk.

• Giver, but I give shitty advice.

• I'm a Giver/Lurker mostly.

• I'm a lurker now
    The site was some what stimulating when I first started but not so much anymore

• I'm a regular but I definitely offer opinions more than I ask questions. I don't know if that qualifies as a giver though since many of my comments are sarcastic.

• A lurking giver.

• D.
    I've never been a lurker... O. o Don't get the benefits or contributions of it. There are no contributions and the benefits are purely selfish...

• I'm a lurker and giver. I pop in and give my two cents where needed.

• I'm mostly a Asker and a Lurker. Pretty sure the majority of my xper points come from the Asking part. I feel too lazy to answer Qs sometimes lol

• i'm a giver/asker

• Im more of a giver because i have had a history with being pretty selfish unknowingly and im trying to be a better person by helping others the best i can on here.

• I'd say I'm all of the above. I really don't like when people troll because that kinda just ruins the whole aspect but... it gives me a good laugh.

• I'm an asker 😉

• I've only asked like, 3 questions. I rarely have any problems or need advice cause I'm usually at home, avoiding people. 😝 But I seem to find myself as a lurker on here. I'll sometimes give my advice (even if it's exactly what everyone else's advice is!). But most of the time, I end up on questions like these. Because a lot of times when I do give my advice, I give my blunt honest opinion which can rack in an unhealthy amount of sadness and downvotes. 😖

• I come and post a question, then I'll hang around for a few days and answer a ton until I give out a MHO on my own question.

• I'm a giver and an asker. I like to give as much of my (crappy) advice as possible. Blind leading the blind lol
    And ask my fair share of questions.

I taint both the questions and the answers :)

• Lurker/Giver.

• All of the above, but mostly a lurker and a giver

• I'm a Giver. In the beginning I was a Asker.

• I'm definitely a giver I may ask a question everyonce in a while but usally their not even advice questions just asking questions out of fun.

I'm always giving out advice.

• All of the above lol :D

• I give a little, I take a little. But mostly I just creep around until something catches my eye

• I'm a giver.. At first, I came here on gag because I have a question to ask about something but then after my question was answered, I don't have any more on my mind (just once in a bluemoon)..
    I find it interesting to give more opinion than to ask or else my account will be stagnant.. lol

• I don't really go here that much... I do come here sometimes just to check things out. I sometimes comment on stuff / give my opinion. and ask questions but not that much. Yea

• I would say that I'm a giver. I've answered more questions than I've asked and many of them I've put a lot of thought into my responses as a way to help out the asker.

• Im more of a giver. Inask sometimes, but rarely compared to how much I answer. Sometimes I lurk to argue with the most profoundly stupid of trolls.

• Im a giver.

• I'm more of a giver then an asker. Not sure on how good my comments are?

• More from Girls
    27

What Guys Said 46

• I think I lurk... I watch some users on here

@dontdropit

i0.kym-cdn.com/.../1309420325512.jpg

• Mostly give, I don't ask that many questions. Mostly because I think I know everything

• i'm a giver/asker.

i ask questions and post opinions EVERY DAY

• I have 60 questions as opposed to 8,117 opinion, so in that sense I would qualify as a Giver. I get a lot from reading other people's opinion though, so it's anything but one-sided.

• I give advice, though it is free, so...

• That's a good point... But at the sametime this isn't giving advice this is a poll.

• Sorry i didn't mean to send you that.

• well it is a poll, but i wasn't giving any advice. I was answer the poll questions and then joking that yes I am a giver and give advice, but it may not get good advice. it was a play on the saying "You get what you pay for." So people taking my advice are getting "Free advice" which may or may not be of any value!

• Bit between a lurker and a giver.
    Ill just read most of the questions without giving an opinion but once i think i got something usefull to say i will.

• I'm a generous giver. LOL

Best wishes for 2015!

• I'm slightly more of a giver than a lurker... to be honest i almost never ask questions! :-P

• I just to try to answer every question I think I can add some value to. Have only asked 3 questions since 2012.

• I'm neither. I'm a derper. XD

• I lurk more than I post at this point in time

• Giver,

I spend a large amount of time just reading questions to get an idea of seeing how people respond to things with their point of view.

For example, how women see things that men do from their point of view so I know how to do things so they don't get confused or thinking the wrong thing.

• Like with all things in life giving really gives me the most happiness. I like to help people and if anyone reading this needs assistance with anything feel free to shoot me a message. I'll get back to you when I can :)

• If all the askers do is ask questions, then how did they find their way to your post to vote? o. O

• That's a good point... But at the sametime they're not really giving by responding to this considering it's only a poll and isn't really advice.

• It still confused my tiny mind!

• It depends on who is on and my mood but probably more of a lurker and to a less extent the last few months, especially, a giver.

• Giver. I'm in my 30s, and have my life and relationships pretty well worked out by this point. I'm here to try to help others hasten the process of becoming confident and competent adults.

• relating this to Daniel Quinn's Ishmael theory of Leavers and Taker I would have to say a majority of people aren't necessarily an asker, giver, or lurker. I think that people get something out or take something away from a question similar to an asker and a lurker can still give to a discussion by side comments vote up and down etc.

With that being said I think there are few people that are very comfortable asking others for advice and there are more that feel silly asking or dont give much detail and would rather just search for a similar question. As far as lurkers go I think almost anyone who doesn't dive into GAG and open up should be classified as a Third Degree Lurker (LDK) Jk but not jk because I am technical

props if you read this far

• All three of them :P

• Im mainly a giver only ever asked 2 question's so far. I like to help if I can.

• I'm a lurker

• Giver. I've asked a handful of questions, but they're personally irrelevant. Meaning questions like where do you wanna visit, what do you like about yourself, and etc. I just like to help others when I can.

• Yeah I have leveled way too freakin fast on here. Mostly from attempted advice given.

• I've always been a giver. I give great advice, I give my gas, I give in the bedroom.

• I think everyone in the beginning is the "Asker" (especially under 18) right now I'm all three! sometimes I come on here and I would just spectate because I cbb to share my opinion. Right now I'm doing a lot of giving - you could say that I'm in the zone xd

• Giver/Asker

• I'm a Giver/Lurker I guess. I'm not really creative enough to ask questions, but every now and then I will.

• mostly a lurker. but i give opinions from time to time and once in a while even ask a question or two

• I dont ask.. im to stubborn.
    I dont really give.. yet.. i rather care.
    Which makes me a lurker. And that will be my answer to your poll.
    Have a good one!

• I'm more a giver... and getting some little things in return is always nice :-)

• I always try to maintain a balance, this site have given me lots of emotional support so I always give several answers before I ask one myself.

• More from Guys
    16