Why can't we vote on takes?

It's a lot simpler than commenting that you agree when the same feeling could be expressed with a thumbs up. I'd just like to know what other people think of takes even when they're too lazy or uninterested to comment.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think voting on most taxes is a good idea. I don't think a lot of people realize how important taxes are, even though they may be extremely annoying and seem unnecessary. For anyone who doesn't know how important they are, look up all the things that the government (any government) pays for and how much money all of those things need. Some examples include military/defense, education, public facilities, social security for retired people, etc. The list is much longer than this. And how do you think the government gets the money to fund all of this? I'll give you a hint: it's not through bake sales.

So as burdensome as taxes may be, they are extremely important. Maybe we could vote on how much taxes should be or what the money should be used for, but I don't think we should be voting on whether taxes should exist.

• Not sure if seriously misread the question or if I've been gloriously punked... either way you sir get a thumbs up..

• I tend to get passionate about some things, if you couldn't tell...

• Yep :D
      And i agree taxes are necessary, though I think our current system is quite screwed up.

What Girls Said 2

• I think that's a great idea!

• Good idea. Probably won't change anything though. Don't ask me because I'm not in charge of that. (:

What Guys Said 2

• Because that's not what they are for. They are worthless opinions so voting on them leads to popularity contests, ego boosts, and penis envy.

• Yeah, cuz xper ranks, followers, you and @JackKerouac77 presidency/vice presidency, and actual penis envy doesn't already do that.

• I admit we've gone too far. The world is a mixed up place.

• Hey... You don't solve a problem by adding to it!

• I thought you could? o. O