What is the most commonly misused word on GAG according to your observation?

What is the most commonly misused word on GAG according to your observation? Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 13

• MisSPELT is for sure 'loose' instead of 'lose' :-D (There are many other words that are misspells too but this is the most common amongst those whose English is otherwise good ;-) )

MisUNDERSTOOD &/or generalized word for sure is 'attractive / attraction'

MisUSED ah well hmmmm ... I mean misUSED not abused or misquoted ofcourse (different meanings) - damn you really figured out a tough one this time teacher :-D but on hindsight will you please describe and define 'misuse' to me? :-D

• @will you please describe and define 'misuse' to me?
      For example, I often hear GAGers say that he/she LOVES so and so on this site. Hahaha :P
      Or some GAGers saying that his/her significant other is very HONEST because they are very frank with them when they cheated.
      These are 2 examples of "misuse" according to Pingju's definition of "misuse" :P

• @Language my dear girl, is one thing that can really really be manipulated which is why we humans are most manipulative in all species
      Precisely T_T

• Now that you catch my drift, we can safely infer that words that are intentionally used in a different light bereft of the correct context i. e. to project only one's own side of the coin and those who give an MH to those opinions where they have asked questions and looking for a specific answer to concur with their thought process are the ones who are 'misusing' those words ;-)

• That's a good question, tough to say off the top of my head. Saw someone put "orientated" instead of "oriented" the other day, and I die a little inside anytime someone says something is a "mute" point😆

• Oh, and also "curvy" has gotten badly abused in recent years, just sayin'.

• 'GAGer'
    I mean come on, we are users not GAGers which literally doesn't have any meaning.

• "guru"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

• "Subjective", because some words get the worst.

• I take it back, the words "Perfect" and "Love" are overused. Fuck the rest.

• The word "love" is my choice, followed by "honest" :)

• "i am fat"

... when your BMI is...23

• By far "fetish" is way misused here.

• Attractive... do u find me attractive!! :)

• 'Defiantly' by folks who meant 'definitely'.

• People can't seem to spell masturbate correctly.

• Feminist is by far the most misused word I have seen.

• I would say Race

• cute
    attractive
    not fat

What Girls Said 10

• I don't know about the most commonly misused word but the most commonly misused phrase would be:

"I could care less."

Um, no people, it's "I could NOT care less." If you "could care less" then that means you actually do care. Ugh. Lol This just really annoys me when I see people say it wrong. Haha!

• Fat, penis and masturbation.

• Ha, I don't want to know how people misuse the term masturbation. >_<

• The word "nice".

• Racist
    - if you have racial preference , they call u a racist

• Misused? Not sure. A lot of folks on here like to mix up the names of fallacies. Most common fuck ups are: Ad hominem, no true Scotsman, and strawman.

Misspelled? Masturbate.

• I think it has to be "trolling." Most overused.

• I think some people say race but mean ethnic.

• Most Helpful :-P

Nah, I'd say I see a lot of people misuse, or confuse, the terms atheist and anti-theist.

• Fetish and feminist I'd say.. :)

• Honestly.

Fact.

Both of these words are stretched to their widest meaning on this site.