Is Gag high school all over again? Why do girls have so many followers?

Why do girl users have so many followers? All they put is a picture of them smiling or not even smiling n they get tons of followers. There not even nice users sometimes. Some r really mean yet so many other users try to be friends n treat them special. Is it because there "pretty"? Is Gag high school all over again? No I'm not jealous. I'm just curius.

Most Helpful Guy

• In a lot of ways, yeah. The pretty girls are the "most popular" along with the good looking guys. But mostly because the guys like thinking they have a shot.

And @whitesteve stuffed me in a locker this morning.

• But there so mean. N they have so many admirers. Why?

• This is the internet. People can and will be dicks when they are behind a keyboard. Just let it not bother you.

• But these girls could use their "prettyness" n following to help promote size acceptance. But they choose to mock it n make curvy girls feel bad.

What Guys Said 26

• There's no way GAG is like high school.

I'm actually popular on here.

• A lot of desert thirsty dudes on here. A LOT.

• But some of these girls r so mean. Why do they still have so many admirers?

• So they dont care as long as she's "pretty"?

• @BelleGirl21 Shucks, thanks :-) I was spiffed up for Christmas, and my mom's bathroom has a huge mirror, so you know how that goes, haha.

@ Asker Well, in a lot of cases, probably. I think a lot of these guys have designs on pulling chicks off the internet, so following a girl is Step One. I mean, it's not unheard of, but I tend to think this would be a terrible place to pick up women. For the most part we all live thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of miles away from each other. It's like "bro, you live in fucking Toledo, why are you hitting on some girl from Australia?" Whatever, I guess they think they'll get naked pics or something. The internet is like 70% P*rnography ... go punch the hamster somewhere else, y'know?

• i've been on GAG for a while now and most GAGERS seem pretty cool and tolerate. "BUT IF YOU ASK A RATE ME QUESTION" for example don't get mad when it BACK FIRES since you already knew that you ran the risk of being bashed/called unattractive "its all fair game" so take the good with the bad and keep it pushing ^^

"it ain't no secret that cute people know look good+get more attention". thats life so when a cute girl puts up her avi SHE'S NOT necessary doing it for attention. but just to simply have a face for us to put behind the words/opinion. like i always say " only worry about what you can control" she can't control if some guy is going to be thirsty like that "mistninja314" GUY LOLOL ^^ i wrote that because i read @BelleGirl21 response before i wrote this and just because she is cute/ugly doesn't mean she shouldn't put a avi up

i speak/reply to anybody who inboxes me or comments on my opinion. i dont care about your looks BUT I DO WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE ^^

• unfortunately most guys here are chasing girls like a cat chases a mouse.

• Why?

• But these girls r so mean. Why do so many people like them?

• Have you ever actually seen a cat interact with a mouse? Most guys aren't that bad.

• I follow people who ask nice questions and who take the time to answer mine. Admitted, there are more girls but I think that why it's girls ask guys... questions from girls are more appealing to guys.
    And you girls have so many interesting properties, habits and secrets we like to learn about :-)

• Pretty girls will always have fans. In that regard, one's entire life is like high school.

• Because they think that if they follow them, it'll increase their chances.

• Trust me, there is no culture as big as you think on this website. Not many "friends" or "GAG crushes" like some of you seem to think.

• No. High school was essentially a meritocracy. GaG is almost an inverted version of that where the fewer things you have going for you the more popular you are.

• I liked the site better when I first joined. Now it does feel like high school. Maybe I'm just getting old

• They have followers because they've got BOOBS that's why, b o o b i e s !
    Happy new year in advance :)

• Some of them don't even show anything but there face. N they still have a lot of followers.

• people imagine their boobs even if they are not shown

• You are correct I would say. Sex sells. So lots of dudes will follow attractive girls. Also, lots of girls will follow attractive girls as well.

• U follow a lot of girls. Do u think there pretty?

• The hotter you are, the more popular you are on GaG. Some gals use clear fake images too, but it doesn't really matter

• But there mean. Dont guys care about how mean these "pretty" users are?

• it goes both ways. A lot of mean guys still have a lot of female followers. With the girls, its just that people like to be associated with people who are perceived to have high value. It's not something I would concern yourself with though. There are two class of people living today. One class of people are the ones who aren't awake, and who still are balls deep into this glitter and glamour stuff of the early 2000's, and then there are the people who are awake who see the 2010's as one of the greatest investment opportunities in the last 100 years of human history. What people choose to concern themselves with today will make the difference between the have nots and the have yachts

• Yes. Even most adult men are that desperate that they'll fuck (or try to fuck) anything.

• But there so mean. Do guys really not care?

• Many guys don't, they have no standards or self-respect.

• It does seem that way. Especially considering the effect a pretty face can have on people.

• I only follow the good looking and cool girls.

• Note resting thought. If it is, I just go about my business as I did in HS

• I'm only following 2, maybe 3 girls

• I wouldn't peg this as a GAG thing... it's just the way the world works I guess : /

• Im 18. I just finish high school. Will life always be that way?

• Ya... i dont care much... i dont follow people much... and i dont see girls as aliens so i dont do it! But some hungry coyotes do!

• i only follow 1 person :)

• Because the guys want to sleep with them. can't help it... sex appeal I guess...

• Ladies always first.

• This isn't high school. To start with, in high school, everyone lives near everyone else. The odds of people being based in a different country are much closer to zero. So the chances of actually get to be in roughly the same space as someone are much higher. I really don't understand why people would be trying to pick people up here.

Also, a decent proportion of the "good posts" here are from anonymous types, a situation rarely duplicated in high school.

Here, nobody knows how "popular" you are unless they really look hard for it. There are virtually no cliques. People's "gag-friends" rarely have much influence on things.

• Life, is high school

• I just got out of high school. Will life be like this forever?

• Basically

• People just want to be associated with somebody they think is cool. So they think there cool. It's just how the masses function. Be different and don't friend them it's not worth it.

• Even the mean ones? Its sad. Some of these girls r pretty but really mean n they always have guys admiring them. It's high school all over again.

What Girls Said 16

• Haha! I don't think so. If this was like high school, I would be that quiet, nerdy chick no one wants to talk to. Lol

In reality, I think it has more to do with how active a user is. The users who post more often, regardless of sex, typically have more followers :)

• If it was high-school all over again, I would be the most quiet introvert ever! I was so shy in high-school. My friends thought I was so antisocial until senior year ( I came out of my shell... big time) 9th grade? Holy shit... if I liked a guy and he found out? I would delete him from my Facebook and try my very best to avoid him. Girlsaskguys helped me out 9th-12th grade year because I got to express my feelings on here without feeling judged... I have to say that highschool never felt that way. I was too afraid to be judged :(

• I don't think anybody is overly mean on here. And the ones that are, are usually trolls with fake pics and they don't last long here anyways. The reason some have so many followers is due to being on the site for awhile, making friends, and interaction on here. There are a fuck ton of thirsty guys on here that are desperate but I don't worry about them and I really wouldn't if I were you either. Nobody likes guys that come off as desperate anyways. Don't let petty things take over your life. It's just the internet.

• The prettier/thinner/hotter you are, the more popular you are is usually how it goes. And that's life in general. But I'm a girl user with myself as my profile and I have maybe 5 followers? I didn't even pay attention to it at first. And now my profiles private. Don't let it get to you tho. Ignore the meanies and just be you!

• Yes it has been high school for some time. i hear u :)
    for those who are mean i dont give them any attention

• But so many guys do. They have so many admirers n there mean.

• This is what I mean.

• The girls here in general are not like that. more of guys.

• Because people are ridiculous everywhere you go, plus they are little girls and guys live to give attention to those that look less ripe - is the word I guess but I agree it's high school on this site and pretty much everywhere you go

• What do u mean less ripe?

• Not menopausing, not understanding anything or knowing what's good for them

• Some of the users have been longer than you have and they don't change names and create multiple accounts in a year.

• high school here on GAG? nope i don't think so... but GAG being full of hungry guys... hell yeah

• Good point. I follow more people than I have following me and my profile pictures are never of me. Doesn't bother me, but good point!

• I dont have many followers lolzz does that mean im ugly 😱

• I don't think there are a lot of mean girls on here :/

• There r. I feel like there are. Its usually the "pretty" girls to.

• lmao at @asker you say "U know ur pretty. I hate when girls who are pretty say there average" so if thats the case "you know you're ugly then right?" now of course im not calling you ugly ^^ but dang what's the problem with her using a avi of herself it doesn't matter if she looks good or ugly. she has the right to use a pic of herself correct? LOLOL

"Then why did u post ur picture? U know ur pretty n that u will get followers because of that. U r using ur looks" umm is she suppose to use someones else pic, like most of the female GAGERS seem to do?

she isn't thick/ curvy she's fat s1.r29static.com/.../image.jpg but she's is thick/curvy to most men hiphopvideomodels.net/.../bria_myles%20-%20133.jpg

• someone elses*

• It doesn't feel like that to me. I've never put my pic up and I seem to have followers.

• I don't have a lot of followers

• I dont think so.. I have no followers

• Are u active user? How long have u been here?

• One week xP

• Thats why. If u are a girl n put a picture, they have a lot of followers.

• How do you know how many followers someone else has?

• I don't think so b/c I know that IN REAL LIFE outside of GAG REAL POPULAR people spend lesser time on the computer UNLESS it's Twitter, INSTAGRAM, or Facebook (where real people are associating w/ real friends or if you're a celebrity interacting w/ fans). Here I kind of think the people that are Gurus, Masters, etc. are either computer geeks, nerds, or people with way too much times on their hands. Popular people wouldn't be on a site like GAG... MY OPINION!