When do you downvote an opinion?

When do you downvote an opinion and why do you do it?

0|0
8|6

Most Helpful Girl

• I rarely do anymore.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• When the opinion owner is being negative or hateful. 😒

2|1
    0|0
  • Most of the time I don't. Normally it's because their answer is just flat out stupid or unrealistic.

0|0
    0|0
  • When it's discriminatory or really creepy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ignorence or stupidity

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's mean.

1|0
    0|0
  • When it comes to objective answers, sometimes I'll downvote when someone gives incorrect information. For some reason people are often way too quick to believe almost everything they read online, so I'll downvote in the hopes that it will make them want to verify things on their own.

With subjective answers... I don't downvote too often. Usually it's when someone's being offensive or belittling the question asker, without offering any actual advice or trying to respond to the question. But really I only mainly do this on answers that stand out as particularly rude or unhelpful.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• I down vote a lot of sexist, racist, generalising, stereotyping or rude and disrespectful opinions.
    I down vote opinions that are mean, nasty, sarcastic or are completely unrelated to what the person has asked. However, if the person that asked a question asked a sexist, racist, mean, nasty, rude or disrespectful question about anyone or any group of people then I don't down vote opinions many opinions.

That is pretty much it.

0|0
    0|1
  • only accidentaly :-P

1|0
    0|0
  • I typically don't unless it is just hateful... even then i usually just go on about my business.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hateful or racist i usually do

1|0
    0|0
  • usually only political opinions from riech wing fascists.

0|0
    0|1
  • When I don't agree with it.

1|0
    1|0