Do you go ahead and answer questions even though the question says 'Girls', or 'guys.' only? And you're the excluded gender?

So many people ignore the polite request to keep their opinion to themselves..

I mean, there are times you might want to talk about what happened to someone you know.

But generally, shouldn't you honor the questioner's request?

• I'm a girl and I answer guy questions.
  • I'm a guy and I answer girl questions
  • I'm a girl and I respect what the questioner is asking for
  • I'm a guy and I respect what the questioner is asking for
Amazing, the big majority ignores the request..

Most Helpful Girl

• If it says "Guys Only: what do u think about this?" I dont answer.

If it says "Guys: what do u think about this?" I answer because I'll mistakenly think they're using the term "guys" casually, (you know like when u greet your friends u say "hey guys" even if they're all girls)

• Especially since I've asked questions with "guys" in the title before but Im using "guys" casually, not excluding girls.

What Girls Said 13

• i read the question and if it sounds like something i think i can help with or i have experience with, i might contribute and i usually open with something like "i know you said guys only, but i've been in that situation before" or something. a lot of times, it's girls asking advice about guys' behavior or something and if it's something i understand or have experience with, then i don't think giving my opinion is gonna hurt anybody.

• If I see a question that says "guys only" I don't answer. Clearly the QA isn't looking for advice from women in that case. They're only limiting themselves from possible good advice or a different perspective so it doesn't bother me any.

• Sorry, I am guilty of that! I don' t do it all of the time, only if i believe i have insight into whatever they are asking, and my advice may benefit them in some way.
    I haven' t made anyone angry yet, if I do I will aplogise and leave the scene quietly lol

( plus, i do have a rebellious streak, so I don' t always follow orders lol)

• * experience* lol sorry about typo errors, think i am still hung over from New Year

• Yes I do but only if I feel like i can really contribute something meaningful that the opposite gender can't

• Yes, I do.

• Sometimes. Just for that reason that they've excluded a gender lol. I mean its gotta be solid enough for me to not answer or think oh shit I might not know how to answer unless Im actually male.

• No, I will post regardless. I usually troll to piss them off. Who are they to tell me I can it cannot post? ppppppsssshhhhh

• yep. especially if I'll be the first.

• sometimes yes

• I reply to it, even if it says guys only, lol :P

• All the time? What about common courtesy?

• Where the link between "common courtesy"?

Should black people avoid Alleen vir Blanke beaches and buses to display common courtesy?
      Should Jews avoid places "Keine Jüden erlaubt" places to display common courtesy?

Should society have 'men only' and 'women only' schools, trains and theaters? I've seen 'women only' wagons on Mexican trains.

• Should have known better than to ask YOU, Jacques, but look, it's a question of when people ASK for something.. is't it common courtesy to grant their request?

• I would still look at the question
    maybe answer it. It depends what the person is asking. I honestly don't see the point of only one gender answering the question.

• I'll look at it out of curiosity. To see if I may have the same question. I don't reply to it.

• I do it because I am curious :P

What Guys Said 15

• it really depends on the question and my mood at the time. if it's a girl saying girls only I may actually know a fair bit about the question as I've been here a while and I've had online female friends before.
    if it's a guy that says girls only I may read the question and perhaps comment on other people's opinion and try to only say something I feel would help.

• Those assholes can't tell me what to do.

• I do what I want.

• if i have an opinion on the question i'll answer anyway

• I did it a few times, but most of them I was just expressing my curiosity and said that I'd keep an eye on the female answers.

• Yes, there are times when you have something to contribute even if you're the 'wrong' gender. But in general, you honor the request?

• Yes, I do. I normally don't even read the whole question when the asker says that it's only for girls.

• Haha, I do it all the time. Usually the person is asking a question the opposite sex should be answering; the asker usually just doesn't want to be called out on their Bullshit. It would be a disservice to them to actually honor their wishes, lol. ;)

• I don't bow down to sexist requests. Just because I have a penis it doesn't mean there is zero chance for me to know something about the given subject.

Voted B).

• I don't 'believe' in excluding people. I'll never exclude people myself.

• What about common courtesy, that sort of thing?

• Where's the link between "common courtesy"?

• I'm guilty of doing that, but only
    when I have a good answer. ^.~

• Yes, at times we might have something useful to say although we're the 'wrong' gender, but do you honor the request in general?

• Yea if people wanna keep their
      questions solely for one gender
      I don't mind, it's up to them.

The only laws I break, are
      the laws of physics. ^.~

• I like to rebel and answer period questions

• I still read the question, because a lot of the time they're fuckup situations, which are hilarious. I just don't leave an answer.

• I answer them away... I'm forceful like that. :-P

• I always do it *smiles mischievously* The "Asker" should realize that excluded one gender is futile!

• Just clicked I'm a girl and I respect... ( :

• yes... it's a free world..