Why do some users ask questions and not let anonymous answers?

I find that very annoying. I like to answer anon, it's good, no unwanted attention.
Sometimes it's a good question and I'm forced to either ignore or answer unanon.
People who do this. Please stop!

Most Helpful Guy

• I find it funny how people feel the need to hide anonymously when all it really is is a username and it is not even like people you know in person are looking at your answers. Honestly, people don't want anonymous answers typically because most people who troll, do it anonymously.

If a person doesn't want anonymous answers, quite frankly, any answer they would have gotten from anonymous person would've been ignored anyway.

When I see all those anonymous questions, I honestly feel bad for how insecure those people really are underneath it all.

• You're assuming that they're insecure. How about this. Every time I went unanon I got some guy PMing me shit. It has nothing to do with me being insecure. I'm here to receive and give advice not show my boobs to anyone or see their dick. Don't assume things.

• I'm not here that long. I don't follow anyone yet.

• Then you'll have nothing to worry about.

What Guys Said 9

• I think that allowing anonymous answers allows people to open up and be more honest with their opinions, because they cannot be judged and put down for one opinion that some don't like. Often lurkers follow people to give them grief with their questions and opinions so going anon cuts back on that.

However, some people feel that allowing anonymous opinions invites smart ass derogatory opinions and they do not allow anonymous. I understand both sides. I dislike people following others around to give them grief, but I am sorry when some people such as yourself are afraid to open up on here.

• well it is kind of interesting to get a feel for who answer what in what way. So I prefer to see who is asking and answering personally. Also you can PM them if you want to ask something.

Anyway I don't ask many questions and I have not restricted that yet... but maybe I will.

• The real question that needs to be asked is why well over 50% of questions asked by females are done so anonymously. It's annoying. Please stop!

• Why is that annoying?
      Every time I go unanon I get a PM from some stupid guy. That's annoying!

• It's not only about my answers. It's everything. Do you have a bf? Want to see my dick? Can I see your boobs etc... By me going anon I get the advice I need and may be able to help someone with out getting annoying messages.

• I know - I feel bad - so, for that reason, I can understand - which was my question.

• I'm not sure. I dislike that people go anon, but I understand it.

I just like everyone to answer my questions, so I leave the option open.

• Attempts to either discourage trolling, or if it's a really sensitive topic, get people to give more diplomatic answers (in other words, lie because they have an "image" to maintain, lol).

• I'm sure you give honest sincere answers as a anon. But not everyone who answers anon does that and it kinda ruins it for those, like yourself, who would just rather answer anon.

• Why can't you just ignore the stupid trolls and listen to everyone else. Everyone should be able to answer. Anon or not.

• I agree. But think of it this way. You want the freedom to answer questions as a anon person. Well, people asking questions have the same right to prevent those who answer anon since its their question. It wouldn't be fair to prevent people from answer anon if they wanted, and it wouldn't be fair to prevent people from disallowing anon to answer their own questions.

• You're right. It's just annoying I guess

• Because they want you to lie.

• Because people want you to be honest.

• I'm usually completely honest. I just like to keep myself anonymous.

• They want to screw us.

What Girls Said 10

• Because in the short time that I've been on this site I have noticed that people go anon just to be as rude as they can and that shit is annoying. If you have balls to be a smartass or rude ass then have the balls to say without hiding. I allow anon posts on certain questions, but if it's a question where I feel people will be assholes I block anon posts.

• I'm not stopping, so deal with it. I do it because I ask questions that should cause absolutely no reason for anyone to answer anonymously. So if I don't feel like there's any reason for anyone to post anonymously, I don't let them post anonymously.

• I never go anon, and never allow anon. Ever!
    I have nothing to hide.
    I want to know to whom I'm responding to.
    It's not personal, it's just what I choose to do.

• They want to know who they are talking to. It feels more real I guess. Like you're talking to a real person. Some people (not saying all) use it as a way to troll.

• Then don't answer, if you feel the horny creeps coming after you.

• Because sometimes I want clear, upfront answers to questions. No anon also means less trolls.

I usually have a poll for those who don't want to comment though.

• They can't take the anony heat. They're staying far far away from that kitchen.

• Because most people who put themselves as anonymous put unnecessary "answers" to annoy people.

• I already addressed this.

If I'm going to show my identity. Then you must show yours.

• Why?

• There are privacy settings you can put on your profile to prevent the messaging. Plus you can block users.

• If I was anonymous all the time I wouldn't be the owner of this amazing kitty (@kain7th)

• It's not your choice to make. And it's not a loss for them if you can't answer their question. So you can't make them stop. Go answer what suits your preference. 👍