I haven't been on in a while.. Explain myTakes and any other new things I might have missed?

Most Helpful Guy

• Remember articles from old GAG? yup they are called Mytakes now

What Guys Said 4

• myTakes are essentially articles from the yesteryears.

You can also @emmiroxursox mention people.

• welcome back!

as has been said, myTakes are just articles.
    Also,
    -the chat option is gone
    -you can no longer upload a bunch of pictures to your profile
    -there are no more 'friends' you can only mutually follow people
    -following people is meaningless. All it does is allow you to sift recent activity by theirs, if you really want to.

• It's a section to funnel all the narcissists into one common study group.

What Girls Said 2

• Basically, the old articles feature has been revamped.
    This should help you get a basic understanding of what the new Takes are about: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a6807-what-s-your-take-faqs-more

Not sure how long you've been away, but it's now possible to both follow and block Topics, depending on what kinds of questions you want to see (or ignore).
    As someone else said, you can mention other users in your questions and posts, but the users will only be notified when you're posting publicly, not anonymously.
    Images and videos and such will now embed automatically when you post their links.
    There have been some changes to how much Xper you earn for doing different things... you can check that info out in the FAQ.
    The friends and follows features were combined, and the activity from users you follow will show up in your My Feed. There are a couple different feeds you can use to browse the site, along with a bunch of ways to customize them.

Really, the FAQ should be able to answer most questions you have :)
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/features

• It's basically a sound off page for people who want to say shit, but don't have a question.

I don't get why that's hard to grasp.