Honest opinions on some of the question descriptions on GaG?

Have you ever refused giving an opinion to a question just because you took one look at the question description and your mind went "OH HELL NO".. or maybe just decided to go with the title question... but did not want to go through the stress of reading ALL of it?
Lord knows I have, but i can usually deduce a lot just by reading a few lines and I can skim too.

@BertMacklinFBI @JackKerouac77 @Mesonfielde

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I'm guilty of responding to a question's title instead of the description if the description turns out to be nothing like the title.

But there are also some times when I read the description, erase my answer and try to give one that matches the description. Some times.

There are also times when I start to write an answer, completely lose interest in the question because I know it might start an argument/doesn't really matter and just bail. Not even worth the free Xper.

But I try to answer 97% of questions I click on.

What Girls Said 10

• I did that a couple of times, those questions were similar to others.. The problem is that people here don't read other questions or TAKES, because some of us here have already asked similar question or we've written the take to help you out.. That's why questions such as (for example) 'does he like me' or 'does she like me' repeat all the time.. It gets on my nerves and I just skip those questions but not all the time..

• Thats another one too... i am especially fond of the "please help, am i ugly" questions... i usually just take a peek, laugh, move on. in some cases, they actually post anonymous, and i just die laughing... and in some cases, I just answer "yes" to piss em off back.

• I agree with evertything you wrote :) absolutely everything

• yay me lol

• I know!!! OMG!! why can't people do stuff in bullet point form? Or highlight certain important points! Some people say long story short, but they still write a freaking essay! Like what the hell 😒
    Omg 🙈

• Yes I refuse to give any sexual opinion to underage kids... I'm a sexual girl but I don't believe in advising kids to do sexual things... that's just how I feel

• can't count the number of times I've been asked... i just try to sidestep with a "what are you doing having sex anyway"

• True that

• well for the girls I do, for the guys, i just point them in the direction, with no specifics.

• Yeah, many times. If it just seems to bothersome to read, i'll just skim through it really fast, which is probably missing a lot of the key points.. but I just really hate walls of text.

• Yup, exactly what I do, but my eyes are really good at picking out key texts... thanks to my English teachers... the douchebags lol.

• Yes, very true.. Sometimes I click a question and I look at the description... Its super longgggg... I don't even read it :/ ..

• Depends on the person. If I can tell the person really needs help. Then yes I'll read it all. If its stupid and the answer is right there. Then no I'll move on.

• Yeah I do, with most questions. There are only a few that interest me enough to answer

• Yes especially lengthy description

• I read the first 2 lines and that last 2 lines and sort of put the context clues together.

• Yes I do this most of the time

• how many accounts do you Have?

• No I only had one. And that was @your_boss
      But then it got banned because I asked a question about how being fat is illegal in Japan...

So now I made this one. I don't have duplicate accounts

• how do you know it was because of the question? did you put it in the wrong section of did you make it sound kinda racist? I mean i can see how your question would be taken down, but i don't see why the whole account was erased.

What Guys Said 9

• Definitely, I'll read like 2-3 lines then I'm like "fuck this shit!" And go back to the main feed.

http://i.imgur.com/ayiz6lT.gif

• Yeah, I actually do respond pretty often based on question title. I tend to start reading the description if it is relevant in order to respond to the asker's comments in case it is too long to read and I just don't find it as interesting.

Especially when there are a lot of real-life events and names involved, like "I met this guy Ashley and he was looking the other way while I walked down with my hip on my arm" and I'm like wtf? I don't have time for this..

• back to that short attention span again lol. I think one time i said something about the fact that once I see a question description that starts with "so..." or "like..." its like an automatic "NEXT" for me.

• Efficiency has its costs :p but there is a reason why prediction is used even in electric controllers and stuff

• thats true... its not everytime that someone can look through everything. just take the main points and work with it.

• sometimes if they description is long... i skip the description and answer only to the question's title

• Tldr

Filler filler

• Yeah, I just read the first and last lines usually to form an opinion on the matter, if its a long description, the title better be interesting or I'm out.

• Oh if its too long... I pretty much bail immediately. The issue would have to be important for me to read the whole thing.

• Yes, I can't concentrate to read those long descriptions...

• doesn't help that we have built in short attention spans too huh...

• i rarely read the description. just answer the main question

• its really tempting, i know.

• thats probably because they sit with the trump card: Im older than you, prick

• yea... age is just a number. I listen to all. I've seen some dumb adults and some very bright teens... i don't judge.. well.. until they come across as dumb to me... lol

• I always do that when i am out of time!