Do people get a warning from the admins before they get banned on this site?

I've just been talking to someone who claims they just had their account deleted without any warning, notice or anything, they just couldn't log in anymore.

Don't people get a warning first before they get banned? I thought that according to the FAQ, that was part of the procedure.

Well, okay. Technically "account deactivation by admins" is not part of the FAQ. That just makes my question more important to ask. ^_^

Most Helpful Girl

• There are people abusing the reporting system. I thought admin would be fair to determine why they were being reported for before cancelling their accounts.

Most Helpful Guy

• The only accounts that are cancelled without several warnings first are blatant spammers or duplicate accounts.
    Everyone else receives at least 2-3 warnings, sometimes more. In the case of duplicate accounts, we cancel the duplicate immediately and warn the original account to not create duplicates again.

People often say they had no warning and they don't know why they were cancelled, but that's never the way things happen.

• You deleted the wrong account.. -__- no use in complaining now though lol

What Girls Said 7

• They should... or, doesn't the messages you get when your comments/opinions/questions count as warnings?

• don't* not doesn't -_-

• oh my god :D when your comments/opinions/questions GET REMOVED. I suck today.

• Hmmm... Maybe. I assumed they send a non-automatic message first.

• I've never been banned..

But I got an email once warning me I was close.

Perhaps they should check their email?

• Then they're probably lying.

• I thought they did too! :O

• Nope. Poof. Gone.

• Well... As I said, my account got banned last night after I asked a question about how being fat is illegal in Japan. I think I got reported by a lot of people

• how do they know if a user has duplicate accounts?

What Guys Said 7

• i had many warnings and many questions/opinions deleted... but i am still here!

that's kind of a miracle isn't it?

• I'm an admin at another site: the more explanations you give, the more trouble and work you get. Thus an admin will probably not start a discussion with someone he wants to block. (Off site or on site)

• yeah there is a warning. Here it is...

This is a warning for posting offensive/antagonistic questions, takes, opinions, and/or comments. Please take careful consideration into your communication with our members. We strive to keep the site useful, valuable, safe, and enjoyable for all. Failure to comply with our mission could eventually result in removal of your account.

Likewise, if you see other offensive posts, please report them. We encourage you to report the post, rather than respond to the member.

Thanks for your understanding.

More information can be found on our FAQ Page.

• Huh. I've never got one like that. I only got them like this:

"Your Opinion (listed below) has been removed because it was too antagonistic. While we encourage lively debate, posts that bait or antagonize are removed. These posts don't fall within our mission of a helpful and caring community, and they don't add value to the site. Sometimes it's just a matter of rephrasing your post so that it doesn't have a hostile tone.
      Thanks for your understanding."

I would have gladly rephrased it but as we know, there is no edit :p
      Oh well, wasn't that important.

• i believe the difference is in severity. What @mesonfielde posted was for something breaking the law, while what @krushhbrownies posted was for someone taking a sledgehammer and saying "f**k the system" kind of behavior.
      Kind of how you can either get a fine, or loose your licence for speeding. It depends on how much you were speeding.
      But i've not recieved any of them, so not sure. It's just what sounds reasonable to me.

• They deleted one of my accounts under the excuse of having a duplicate account. No warning, straight up deletion.

• I heard about this too... they should at least send an email explaining why u were banned.

• so if you get banned, so what? why do you believe you're above any rules here?

• I never said that, and I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. I have not been banned.

• i'm stating my view on your thread... sorry, this is the point... the rules state as such... but then whine about shit, or has borderline-Aspie comprehension, not my issue..

• They kinda don't.

• They use to give one but they don't all the time. Incompetence runs rife in this bish.