Why do people always think they're right on this website?

I've come across a lot of extremely arrogant and stubborn people on this website, and it's made me wonder: how do I deal with them?

Some times I'll ask a question and I'll get a few answers from nice, considerate people who are not afraid or frustrated by me saying "well maybe that's wrong". But then I get the odd person who'll just say "omg I gave you answer and you should listen to it because it's right"

Anyone else had this issue? How did you deal with it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, there will always be people who think they know everything. It isn't even just on this website, I've met tons of people like that in real life too. A lot of people just like to cling to their own worldview and belief system without even taking anything else into consideration. I mean, no one has the ability to know everything, there's always something new to learn and even if I disagree with someone, it can still be enlightening to try to understand why they hold the different views and opinions that they do.

What Girls Said 1

• Those people are everywhere, not just on this site. I haven't come across anyone like that on my own questions, but I would probably just stop talking to them. They've said all they intend to say, apparently, so you can either ask them to elaborate (if you're interested in their viewpoint, and don't intend to challenge that view), or you can leave it alone.

What Guys Said 2

• Most people believe whatever they believe, with conviction. That's not such a bad thing. :-P

• Well it kind of is. I'm not hear to get lectured by some pompous bigot.

• Getting lectured? then that's no bueno.

I will admit there's a sizable amount of users that are like that, unfortunately. Some people just enjoy being know-it-alls on the internet, I suppose. :-P

• Well, all people believe their opinions are right, including you and me. But you are right when you say some are quite arrogant about it.