Are you commenting on GAG for the points or because you actually want to give advice?

I've seen a lot of people on GAG give "assholish"(probably not a word) opinions and sometimes I wonder, whats their whole point of commenting? Sometimes they aren't even giving advice. They're just commenting just because.

How many of you are really here to help?
I realized it's not always the questionnaire who needs help. Sometimes it's the commenters (not sure if that's a word) who's probably a little wacky and needs the help.

Is it easier being a bully behind a computer?
Are you insecure?
Or are you really an asshole who just wants to give Xper points? I didn't know the points were that serious. Are you going to use them to buy a better life? Im confused.

I can admit I've had my share of asshole opinions but I really tried to give my best advice. I just came off probably in a bit of a harsh way.

Get Xper points not give... My mistake.

Most Helpful Guy

• im doing it for both. but I was never here for the points to begin with :D im here mainly for amusement and entertainment. but I know what you mean, I do that sometimes. but when I do it it seemed like the question deserved it lol. usually a troll post at that point.

What Guys Said 21

• I noticed when the "first" opinion bonus was higher that a lot of people were giving super short opinions just to get bonus XP. Since they reduced it, it's been a lot better. If the person always gives super short answers then they're more than likely just doing it for XP since the opinion length doesn't really matter.

I personally do give advice genuinely and having used this site for a long time I do know what you mean.

If they're giving jerk opinions then they're probably just a troll though. Added comments don't give XP so if they're going for XP they're not gonna be trolling back and forth.

• That's a good question...

To be honest, I LITERALLY type WHATEVER I feel like.

I've given responses ranging from the depths of existentialism and the impact of indoctrination on our freedom of choice, to simply copying and pasting Biggie Smalls lyrics as my response to Democratic voting. I'm literally a wrecking ball of randomness.

Through it all though I honestly almost never pay attention to my XP points, there are times I just look at my profile once every 5 months and realize I have a shit ton of XP built up.

• Some times all of the above. And for every asshole reply there are probably 3 bullshit trolly questions from insane virgins.

• JUST finished commenting to someone else that I'm in this for the love of the game, not points, haha. I joke around a lot, not sure how much valid advice I give, but i try to when I can, haha. I'm just shooting the shit and killing time more than anything.

• Lol... Yeah, not gonna lie but I do too

• I honestly don't even keep tabs on my "xper" points. I answer because I want to lend advice, voice my opinion, and in general hope to help

• Sometimes, when someone's being really, really stupid, it's really hard not to call them out.

And I am a bit of an asshole, on occasion.

• Really? Im not going to lie, I've seen some insane questions. And I've even thought to myself like, really? But then I dont even waste time answering unless I really have advice. You know what I mean?

I've read comments from people who just commented like "this is dumb". The first thing I think is "oh, he/she gained a point for leaving an opinion". I dont really take it serious but sometimes I feel bad like, what if the person behind the computer is suicidal? By commenting something mean, you just added more emotions. I don't know. I think I over analyze everything. LOL.

• No, I don't say stuff like "this is dumb".

But when a guy asks something like "Why do girls only go for good looking guys?" In my head I'm just like "Really dude? Are YOU interested in girls you think are fucking ugly? Nobody wants to date somebody who's fucking ugly, no matter how fun they are" and sometimes that thought transfers to my fingers and I click submit.

Hell, a girl recently asked what nipple color is the best. Nipple color, for fuck's sake. Like you can do anything to change it. No good can come of that. The best thing that can happen there is some insecure girl sees the poll answers and sees that her "nipple color" isn't the most "preferred" and feels like shit about it. Now, I'm sorry, but if you're asking a question like that, you're an ~asshole~ and you deserve an asshole response. My response was "Nipple colored nipples." I fought very hard not to add "you fucking moron" to the end of it, and succeeded, but that doesn't always happen.

• Loooooool 😂😂 Im dying... Yeah, some questions are a bit ridiculous so I can understand now certain comments.

• Quick copy/paste from a section of another answer:

"I used to teach and kind of miss mentoring people a bit. I also love talking and thinking about social dynamics. So this is an outlet for my nurturing side--kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. When I ask questions, they're usually Anonymous, lighthearted and goofy, since I'm more in the advice-giving mindset."

On rare occasion, I'll troll/role-play a little bit--you get really interesting responses sometimes, and I've had really insightful and interesting conversations from those (on occasion, lol).

Xper points? pfft, couldn't care less.

• I genuinely like to give advice... the XPer points is just a bonus.

If someone puts a nonsensical, asshole-like answer, report that question, it will get removed, and their XPer points they were given for that answer will be taken away too!

:-P

• I only ever offer my heart felt opinion and I often flock into questions to offer advice, guidance and seek to offer a perspective to those in need of one.

Sure sometimes I am too blunt, I am too rude, I am too vulgar and I at times a little too sarcastic, not to mention egotistical, pompous, pretentious and self-absorbed but I mean not to be, I am just a passionate man with an insatiable appetite to air these passionate views and sometimes I go a little OTT but when it comes to contributing on GAG I do so through my good will and not for Xper points.

• I just like to give advice, I use all my points
    I collect, donating to Raven also.. I don't need anything
    else they could get me.

I wouldn't say whether or not
    I'm a good person.. I just have my
    own way of being harsh. ^.~

• My opinions have deep advice inside, always.

• errr... i... i give advice and help most of the times don't i?

• Both I guess...

• I comment because I actually care. And I want to give out the best possible advice. These points don't really bother me, they're just a number made to make people use the site.

• I'm here to help. Xper points come naturally.

• I mostly answer because I want to help or throw my two cents in. It's the main reason why I joined this site. The points are just a bonus.

• Neither really.

• I like to give advice to the best of my ability and I like the idea of supporting others on here

• I only give advice to serious looking questions. I'm more sarcastic to the other questions...

• Calm down babe,, I write what my heart says...

• I post for my amusement and to give help.

What Girls Said 17

• I genuinely like to help if I can. I joined to ask a question, and then wanted to hep people in return. Particularly with some of the younger people asking questions - I can identify with stuff I struggled with when I was younger. Some of the questions are really serious and people are genuinely struggling. When I see other commenters taking the p*ss it makes me want to give decent advice even more. Clearly by some of the questions here there is a lack of good advice or people to give it off the computer.

Some questions are just designed to get attention so I don't even look at them, you can tell. Yes I think it is easier for people to be a bully behind a computer. Some people just get a kick out of being a smartass. I've seen it on news and discussion sites too. Some people can be vile and say things that they wouldn't admit to in real life. Some are just attention seeking, some are bitter and twisted. Either way it's a reflection on them.

• I agree with you COMPLETELY.

• I honestly click on some questions and realize that I don't want to answer, but I see that no one else has answered yet so I wait for a couple of minutes (reloading the page) to check if someone has commented and if no one has, I answer it cause I want them to find a solution. So, I think that says why I answer questions. But, at the same time, some questions are ridiculous, so they deserve a sarcastic answer.

• I think its both but advice more. Over the past few years I've grown confidence in giving advice, voicing my opinions etc.
    The points are helpful with buying books etc

• I genuinely like to give advice. I do agree that there are some pretty wacky questions on here, but I try to ignore those. It bugs the fuck outta me when I see people being assholes just because. Sometimes the comments are funny and sometimes I feel bad for the Asker. I've had my fair share of asshole comments but all you can do is ignore.

Oh and I'm still not even completely sure how the Xper points work.

• I mostly answer just to voice out my opinions. I have given some sarcastic asshole-ish answers if the question is unbelievably stupid. But I have also posted my share of long essays of well thought-out advice and sharing my experiences.

• I comment on GAG to pass the time, and because I find some of the questions and responses interesting, and because sometimes I have questions that I wonder what the general population thinks of.

• I comment because I sortive sometimes like to try to give advise but I mainly like to give my opinion and I do it for the entertainment and I just find some questions can be fun and interesting to answer but I mainly like to ask questions just for fun

• 0|0
  • Some of the questions are not genuine or abit too obvious.

• it depends on the question and how the asker reacts to the opinion owners so far.

• I actually like giving advice. I'm definitely not here for the xper, but it is a nice plus.

• I love to be open and give my brutal honest opinion in the hopes it helps someone.

• because i'm procrastinating

• no i really want to help the people

• I think is almost always obvious the ones that just want the points. It's always one line of "advice" that makes no sense. Ask them what they mean and you'll never get a response.
    I do it for the advice. I've had this account for years. I don't know how many points I have. I should probably use them? I just like this site. I post anonymously mostly just because I feel like it.

• for me it's both. the xper pts help me out a lot, so that part is great but i do love giving and getting advice. its a fun environment and you get to meet tons of strangers, some assholes, some not. i've posted a few "asshole" comments, but only because the person had it coming. >_< if they were being rude or asking a stupid question, i'd let em know.

• What are you even going to use those points for anyways?