What are your reasons for posting anonymously?

Why do you post or add opinions anonymously? Are you hiding from somebody? Don't want to be embarrassed? I find it cowardly to be anonymous.

Most Helpful Girl

• Even though my profile photo isn't there some people are still good at connecting the dots. If there happens to be someone I know here who happens to follow my posts, or comes across them often, I risk being known who I am in real life. I have a complicated life with several things going that I just dont want to risk a friend figuring it out that its me. And risk of being judged on some things from fellow gag'rs.. Even if it doesn't matter what others think, it does to me.

• And yes, like another said, sometimes I reply on a sexual behavior and suddenly I get pm's from some members wanting more details. Thats all well and good however some have not been good pm's and become a concern for me.

What Girls Said 4

• i post anonymously on sexual questions.

• Sometimes, and its rare, I go anon because if I don't I suddenly get all sorts of messages from guys asking about my sex life and shit. Its like, I told what I did in the opinion because it was relevant to the question, not because I'm a freak that wants every guy on the internet to bother me. I don't do internet dating of any sort. Bit for the most part, I don't do anon. I don't see the point.

• Very rarely. On sexual questions.
    I don't want to attract creepiness.

• So I can be a bitch. Just kidding, I can be a bitch whenever I want to. I usually go anonymous on some sexual questions if I feel like my answer will attract perverts.

What Guys Said 7

• I've asked before, some responses, some people do it just because, they don't want any answers linked back to them. some do it because of crazy stalker people.

• Generally people don't want things to be revealed or the situation is too embarassing, as you said. I think I just did it 3 times in my almost 1400 opinions. I don't even remember what was asked, it was right after I registered.

• generally 2 reasons
    1) if I don't really want people to presume things about me because of the question asked
    or
    2) I want people to answer honestly and straight forward. sometimes knowing the question asker influences answers.

• I post anonymously VERY rarely, and usually if I do it's because I am speaking about something highly personal that I don't want all GaGers to know.

• I don't want to have an argument about what I'm saying.

I'm making a really awful joke that doesn't necessarily reflect my true thoughts

It has something to do with my personal life that I wouldn't share at all unless it was anonymous. Privacy concerns.

• To stay out of fights.

• Controversial opinions
    Self esteem threats
    Fooling around
    Dumb opinions

And i just feel like a superhero actually cz no one knows his identity!

:P