When you first started your GAG account, did you start it to only post and answer questions or did you also wanted to make new friends out of this?

website through private messaging them?

I only made a GAG account to post questions and opinions to hear from other people's perspectives. I really don't like to private message anyone or try to make new friends because I don't feel very comfortable making friends with random strangers on the internet because that person who I'm PMing may as well be either a fake account, a troll or some jerk who's only pretending to be friends with me.

Also, even if I try to make friends on GAG, particularly female GAG friends, I get the feeling that the female users would already assume that I'm a creep or a pervert trying to send them disgusting pictures of my own manhood without even carefully reading my first PM sent to them because of a ton other perverted idiots of GAG that have done this countless of times already. However that doesn't mean I'm unfriendly to eveyone here on GAG.

That's just me and my full explanation of my purpose of my GAG account.

Now I'd like to hear from you ladies and gentlemen.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmm... well I first found this site by accident. I was dating some guys on and off. None of whom I could really become serious with. The most recent one pretty much stopped talking to me out of the blue and I was left wondering wtf I did. So I was googling around trying to gain some insight from girls who went through similar situations. That's when this site popped up. For a while I just read the different questions/answers and a lot of them made me laugh so it was kind of entertaining for a bit. Then I decided to go ahead and make an account so I could throw in my two cents where I could.

I never expected it to happen but I actually fell in love right here on this site. I'm not going to get into detail, but to answer your question, no... I didn't come here to make friends. I didn't really come here for anything other than to take my mind off of the guys who had screwed me over in the past and to offer advice here and there. I got a lot more out of it than I ever thought possible. I never would have imagined stumbling upon a person who would eventually be the best thing to ever happen to my life. It's one of those crazy right time right place, stars aligned, crossing of the paths kind of moments that I didn't know could be real until now.

So yeah, this site pretty much changed everything for me.

What Girls Said 3

• When I made my account, I did it only with the intentions of answering other people's questions. I really had no desire to private message with strangers or anything like that. When I first became a member here, I didn't eve realize that people made close friendships here. However, the longer I have been here, the more friends I have ended up making, some of them have lasted and others have not.

But, when you're here for a while and see the same people and converse with them through opinions and comments and then start talking privately, friendships do form. It's just important to remain conscious of the fact that some people are not who they say they are and to stay aware of that when making friends online, not just on this site, but in all corners of the internet.

• Well, I came onto GAG to ask a question and then stayed because I enjoyed giving advice and liked being able to receive it too. It has opened my eyes to many different perspectives on issues and has really helped me a lot. I don't like PM'ing either because I get super nervous about that stuff, but I do sometimes. I have had guys on GAG message me and they were really nice and we still keep in contact. Others were just looking to be creeps on GAG so I don't respond to those.

• Making friends was never my intention. It was always about the xper points LOL I don't use the term "friend" lightly because not everyone is your friend. There are people who I talk or talked to a lot but sadly some of them either left or rarely get on.

• I rarely get on too because I'm too busy with more important stuffs to do but I really like it here. I feel a lot comfortable speaking my mind here and getting along with most people here so far compared to almost any other social websites (Although I have encountered a few bad apples here on GAG but there will always be idiots everywhere, all over the internet). Other forum and social websites like Yahoo! Answers has already became a cesspool of trolls.

• Good for you :)

What Guys Said 5

• I created my account because I really liked the idea of GaG, I had never seen something similar before. So I created it to answer and ask questions, mostly answer them. Friends are just "collateral damage" xD

• I made an account with the intention to ask one specific question and then delete it after I read the responses.

• i started it largely to ask questions really, but i ended up sticking around because i enjoy engaging people

• i came here to give answers and ask questions. i dont want to make friends here for the exact same reasons as you. word for word haha

• I did it to mock the admins... They were mad that I had people contemplating suicide and cutting on Christmas Eve. :D

• LOL! That's sounds a little fucked up but funny. Every once in a while, I try to look for at least one ridiculous troll question here for shits and giggles.

• This is a serious statement...