Do you get upset when you get thumbed down on GAG?

Getting a thumbs down is like a slap in the face, eapecially if you felt that your answer was good. How do you feel when it's done to you? I noticed that I'm getting thumbed down a lot lately even if I have a decent answer and I try not to get too upset about it but I'm really starting to think that I have a GaG enemy lol.

• No
  • Yes

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really. People do it all the time. I don't expect for everyone to agree with what I say. I can't convince everyone to think correctly. Haha jk.

No. I don't mind the downvotes.
    I give lots of "controversial" opinions. But I don't get why sometimes I'll get downvoted for something non controversial. Like, "Girls, do you shave your legs everyday?" And then I'll answer something like "No. Not really" And then like some guy will downvote me. Sometimes, I feel like a guy on Gag hates me lol There are times when I'm on GaG giving multiple opinions, and literally after I post them I already got a male downvote haha. I don't know. I guess someone may have a vendetta against me :x

• Lmao I also notice that when I answer those ratings questions. "Rate me from 1-10". You give them anything less than an 8 they'll have a internet tantrum.

• Haha for real! Like I won't even answer them anymore. Not only does the asker attack you, but so does the overly PC crowd.
      Then the chick asks "why? What do you not like?" And of course me being the honest dick that I am, I tell them. And they lose their shit and suddenly I'm the worst person ever. I am mean. I must kick puppies as a hobby etc.

I don't know. If people are not gonna be prepared for the responses, I don't think they should be asking questions.

• Thanks for MHO :)

What Guys Said 32

• i don't care.

a downvote in fact means your opinion had some impact, and it wasn't ignored at all ;-)

• Eh, it doesn't really bother me, for the most part. Everyone has different opinions, and they don't always agree. I can only offer the best advice I can, and if someone disagrees, that's their prerogative.

It does bother me a little if it's a completely subjective question though.

I answered a question for "What's your favorite car" and someone downvoted my answer. That kind of confused me, as they're not disagreeing with my advice. They're disagreeing with something that matters to nobody but myself, lol. Apparently they felt that my personal preference was wrong? w/e

• That's what I'm saying. People who down vote you over factual stuff like, age, gender and such. I think its quite annoying actually.

• Yeah some silly girl already did. I guess most of us can't handle the truth but it's okay.

• I saw that, too. Oh well, what can you do?

I choose to think of it as an ironic downvote, lol.

• The longer I have been here, the less I have begun to care. Even in the beginning they didn't bother me, but there were times I was curious.

I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but at a certain point I kinda became GaG-jaded. I just don't care at all anymore, and I'm not even the slightest bit curious as to why someone would down-vote me.

• I don't get upset when I get thumbed down. I fully understand that when delivering the "straight talk" (although done tactfully), not everybody is going to like what is said.

• 0|1
  • I get so upset I usually poop myself

• I've never really thought of it as a slap in the face. Every-time I see one of my opinions get downvoted, I laugh out loud, seriously it makes me happy.

• I hope I made your day :)
      (I downvoted the comment for you)

• Nope, I don't pay much attention to downvotes so they really don't bother me.
    ct.fra.bz/.../...61d0a75b0b5919c0476ea31d50180.jpg
    http://m.memegen.com/67ax9m.jpg

• All of us here have haters and I'm sure that many people hate me. so I'm expecting some downvotes... In fact there's someone downvoting me now.

• You're the epitome of a troll... You know your place -@ FLAWLESS_GLAMOUROUS that is what she said about me. So i take pride in getting downvoted because that means someone is probably mad + I've done my job LOLOLOL

i eat downvotes for breakfast (#^ ^#)

• I don't give a shit, every person have different opinion and this is just site, but remember this (for real life) : ) koisankaoz.files.wordpress.com/.../...omething.jpg

• Nope, cuz IDAFG

• I wouldn't go as far as getting upset, but I do hope that people would sometimes argue with me instead of taking the easy way out and poking me with a stick.

• I've invented a machine that harnesses the power of the downvote, so that I can destroy all you human scum and rule this filthy planet.

• depending on the answer

some answers i like getting downvoted

• I don't care of down thumbs, I just say the facts which people don't like... But facts are facts, opinion is opinion...

• Of course not, there will always be people like that. Some people don't like opinions and even hearing the truth for that matter. So they will refuse to accept reality and do that, but it doesn't bother or surprise me.

• I DRINK YOUR DOWNVOTES! >:D

• There's enough real shit in life to get upset about. No sense getting emotionally invested in comment votes. 😋

• No i love when all you cutie pies thumb down me that means you all love me

• Nah, some people just downvote you for the hell of it.

• If I tell a fact then yes.

• Mission Progress

People you have pissed off today : 11/20

• No i just think that my opinion are not good enough or dumb enough... so i dont give such opinions next time!

• Ehh it doesn't irk me at all, can anyone downvote me please

• No, not really. It just means I've done something stupid again. :P

• no... it's a website, who cares?

• If you're letting what people have to say on here, get to you... then it's probably not the best place to be

• Every time I get a thumbs down I commit suicide.

• I feel flattered when narrow-minded people downvote me. Nice to know I got them pissed.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 21

• Noop... because i know that not everyone will understand me, i however hate it when people clearly don't understand you but answer it anyway just to seem like they are helping or smart... lol then they get so confused (no idea why), they end up saying something completely rude and judgmental, that's the thing that annoys me. There are so many sites now with this thumbs up and down option (although i do wish YouTubes thumbs down option works so we can shut the trolls up because they all like each others comments to get to the top comment lol wish we could beat them back haha), so... it's important not to care, a thumbs up or down doesn't define you and it's silly when someone does, never think that what you say is in vain because someone will always listen.

• I don't pay it too much attention. I obviously don't like it, but I understand that it's impossible to please everyone. Whatever their reasons are for not agreeing with me, I always have more up votes than I do down votes, so really they're just the minority.

• It really depends.

Sometimes I could care less...

Sometimes it upsets me..

But, like @Klaatu51 said, a downvote at least tells you your answer was read, made an impact.

And sure, maybe the knee jerk was a downvote.. but that doesn't mean time won't bring them round.

• I am not that sensitive & dumb.

• Not really, pretty diverse group, some of the thumbs down I've received were a bit silly. At least that's what I thought, we all don't think alike so who cares if their oppinion is different than yours. At least they were brave enough not to do so anonymous.

• Not at all... It practically means nothing to me. xD

It's kinda cool.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

• Lol no I don't get upset. It's whatever. Not everyone is going to agree with what I say and I don't always agree with what everyone else says. I'm sure I have a few enemies on here but that's life.

• Some things I say are controversial, and I expect it. Some things aren't, and then yeah I get a little bothered about why someone would downvote me. in my opinion it's a courtesy, if you downvote someone, to at least give them a reason in the comments as to why you're downvoting them.

• Not usually unless it's something like "how old are you? "

Then it's like "I'm not happy about it either, you crazy downvoters!"

• No honestly I don't care. I don't expect people agree with me all the time.

• So what somebody disagreed with you. No problem, not everyone is going to agree with you, people are bound to disagree.

• No
    Honesty hurts I guess and not everyone can take direct approach. If I let their downvotes affect me it means they won especially knowing that some people downvote not because of the opinion but because they are either jealous or they are racist.

• Nope I don't , not in the slightest. Depending on the question I'm a bit shocked but I don't get upset. There will always be people who disagree with what one says. :)

• I get a little surprised. What's there to hate about my opinion?

• I could careless

• no, it's usually for dumbest stuff

• Nope it doesn't bother me at all. I don't even notice if I get up or down voted.

• Nup , not everyone would like my opinion so its expected ahah :)

• Don't really care but it means that someone noticed.

• I get annoyed especially if the answer was simple or I stated something true about myself. But Im not stressing it.

• How old are you?

• Old enough to drink, but not old enough to rent a car w/o a credit card. Why?

• I was just wondering because I noticed a lot of younger people do get more upset over online stuff. I'm guessing because it's literally been there you're whole lives but the ages just above you only had it from young kids or early teens if anything.

Just seeing if you were on the lower or higher end of the 18-24. Not meaning it in an offensive way or anything. Every generation has its differences.

• I could understand why you'd think that.