Do you think GaG should give you the option to like/thumbs up/vote up comments?

there have been plenty of times where someone posts a really funny comment, or a good comeback through a comment that i agree with, and i'd just like to "like" it. does anyone else feel the same way?

• Yes
  • No
i just think it'd be another way to express your opinion. it's easier to simply click on an upvote rather than tag the person, and tell them "oh i agree". like if it's on a long string of comments and you don't want to interrupt the flow of it by telling them you think what they said is funny or that you agree with them. just a thought that i had.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe yeah.
    I think they should give more insentives than MHO and levelling up.
    Maybe little award stickers that go on your profile. Like member of the month and polite award or award for being helpful with certain topics etc.

• yeah i agree! like little achievements. that's a really good idea.

• @asker thanks for MHO! :)

• no problem!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it would bring people even further into the conversation. As soon as an opinion is placed, everyone else's input is reduced to just a comment which can sometimes be slightly intrusive. A silent thumbs option allows people to remain a part of the conversation while not intervening directly.

What Guys Said 11

• No, enough with the silly upvoting and downvoting. People should have to actually SAY something, WHY they liked or disliked something, or it's meaningless

• sounds alright but that is gonna be a ton of little blue and pink arrows on the screen hahaa. what about liking a question?

• haha yeah, i thought it might look a little bit redundant if it's the same design on the comments as the opinions. liking a question is a great idea too. i have thought of that as well!

• Yes but... not if it would make the site too slow.
    You know, sometimes the "keep it simple" option is the best one :-)

• New features like this are always welcome.

• it would be nice if you could get Xper points by getting your comments/ opinions voted on
    but yes i do agree with the "like" it button.

• nah that would make things kinda messy... no?

• At some point, finer and finer granularity of interaction options becomes meaningless. So I've felt that way before but I don't really think it's important.

• It already exists though

• ^^^^^
      Look at the numbers just above

• no i mean on a comment, not on an opinion. like this. if you could up vote this, or your comment that you just posted ^^

• Yes, I am in favor!

• Nah not really.

• yup! they i think they should also allow us to respond to an opinion anonymously

• yes! i agree. i've always kinda wondered why that isn't an option haha

What Girls Said 9

• Of course. It would be a cool additional feature.

• I think it'd be fun

• Yes! To see how many people agree or disagree :D ( what they posted ) opinion

• No...
    This isn't Facebook... O. o

Complications for nothing. If this gets to be too much like some sort of social network I'll be outta here.

• yes, thumbs up.

• No, it would be more clutter, this isn't reddit, up votes and down votes do nothing. It's enough to have them on the main comment.

• yeah, i can see how it would be a little cluttered. that was one of my concerns, is how it would look. i'm sure it can be made to look simple enough that it doesn't seem messy though

• Hmmm no why make everything complicated...

• Isn't that what the up & down votes are for?

• i'm talking about for the separate comments. like this comment. you aren't able to upvote or downvote it. i'm not talking about the OPINION, but the COMMENT on the opinion, you know?

• Ah now I see what your getting at. Yes it would be a nice feature.

• Agree with Klaatu, it would make the site look messy