People that are rude to others on here?

I often wonder why I ask questions on this site as there seems to be so many judgmental people who clearly do not know how to express their opinions without being rude and putting humour before the feelings of others.

I read others questions myself, and there have been some that I have read from upset, heart broken people who are simply looking for an answer that does not require a nasty comment - yet some people feel the need to make comments that they find funny, which really isn't helping the individual. I can understand this attitude on questions that are light hearted, but when someone is merely seeking advice is it really appropriate to be so negative and nasty? I think not.

If you are one of these people maybe you should think about how your words can affect others and stop being a keyboard warrior.

Most Helpful Girl

• I completely agree with you! Many GAG answerers truly overestimate the value in what they have to say, assuming that it’s worth the utmost which is actually quite arrogant. They clearly lack social skills, social intelligence, and need to learn how to give input with tact instead of regressing social skills to a child with no filter. You can definitely tell when an answerer’s goal is more to inflate their ego rather than to genuinely help someone with an issue. I think people like this probably lack healthy sources of confidence, true confidence not arrogance, in their lives. So they gain this false, minute, worthless sense of confidence by getting on GAG and playing “who can be the bigger a**hole/smart mouth”. Just imagine how pathetic they feel when they watch truly gifted people receive legitimate accolades for their NOTWORTHY accomplishments, feel sorry for them, and proceed to act like they don’t exist because technically, in your world outside of GAG: they don’t : ) So keep them nonexistent.

• I completely agree with everything you say. If anything we should pity them.

• Thanks for MH : )

What Guys Said 4

• i try to be less rude as possible basically... although sometimes some people try their best to piss you off

• it's the internet. It happens

• Just because 'it happens' it doesn't mean it's acceptable. If people are seeking advice surely others should be considerate of their feelings.

• It's a FREE forum. What do you expect?

• because its the internet! its not "Just because 'it happens' it doesn't mean it's acceptable" its "just because its not acceptable, doesn't mean it doesn't happen"
    its impossible to have anything online without spam. wether its a forum or a fb group, or whatever. it can't happen. it would take a huge a mount of mods to eliminate it completely and you have to remember that this is a free site for us. i dont think they make that much money to hire so many people. so you can't expect a spam free site here.
    and i do have to mention that for the amount of users that gag has, gags spam amount is really really low!

• I appreciate what you're saying but I think you're missing the point. I wouldn't expect moderators to get involved. If expect anything it would be that people use a combination of their brain and manners. People should be considerate to others who are seeking advice. As I said, on light hearted topics then I can see why people try to be humorous. But when someone is upset I really do not understand why any body would even consider writing a mean comment to them. You always get the odd person on every website but I feel on here it's pretty bad for it considering it's a website to give advice to others. There is a big difference between advice and opinion, it's a shame others do not think that.

What Girls Said 5

• Well, a lpt of people seem to forget that this is the internet. Some people are rude to others because they just don't care. To them, they don't know anyone else on here so they feel they can make hateful comments and hide behind their computer screen. That's why I always say people should take rude comments on here with a grain of salt. It's not worth getting upset over. You can't control what other people do, all you can control is your reactions to them.

• Its true what you're saying. But what I am saying is not all people have that mind set, particularly if they are upset and looking for advice therefore people should consider this before they respond negatively.

• Yes it is unrealistic. The point I was trying to raise was that I feel this is the wrong website to do so as it's when some people are at their most vulnerable.

• I understand, and I completely agree with you. But that doesn't mean other people will understand or even care which is the whole reason they are rude to begin with, unfortunately.

• No one is obligated to be nice to random people online. people here are a bit more honest than in real life and a lot of others can't handle that. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

• Isn't that just common courtesy? I was raised to be nice to everyone. Just because it's online, it doesn't make rude behaviour acceptable. No wonder cyber bullying is on the increase with attitudes like yours.

• 'If you can't take the heat, get out the kitchen' in response to people asking for advice and people being rude... Yes I do consider that having an attitude. I pity you for not realising that yourself.

• Ok cool lol

• If you aren't rude to people on here, they will alert the others. You will be picked off mercilessly like vultures picking off the bits of a carcass. We feed off of weakness.

images.bidnessetc.com/.../...cb8f01909a348d9b2.jpg

• There are nice and rude people, especially on internet mean people get meaner.
    if they are too much, just tick them off

• It's fun to troll. It's like the cancer if the internet. It will never leave.