Does having a high MHO really matter in the long run?

When I started out on here, I was trying to be particular on what questions I answer and making them the best as possible so I could have a high percentage. Now I don't really care as much, just that I give good advice or a somewhat helpful comment.
Does anyone else do this, or is this just me overthinking it? Does it really matter that much?

• Yes, it does matter
  • It does matter, but not to me
  • No, it doesn't matter

Most Helpful Guy

• in the grand scheme it doesn't matter though it does feel good knowing you were chosen quite often.
    my % has been going down over time as a lot of questions are just silly so I just answer them without thinking of MHO. the questions that are more "important" I do my best to share my point of view in hopes of helping someone out even if it's against what they might want to hear.

so to sum things up, I would rather have hundreds of opinions not picked for MHO and a few dozen selected as MHO than only answer a very select few just to keep my % up.

What Guys Said 9

• Quantity is job one here, at least for xper points. I don't often shoot for mho. Too much telling people what they want to hear.

• I agree with @SurströmmingLover .

I prefer to give an honest, direct and in-your-face type answers when called for. Remember that your G@G answer may be your one and only chance to make an impact in someone's life.

I'll accept a lower MHO %. Warm fuzzy suck-up answers are generally not that helpful in real life crises.

• Does some arbitrary internet badge matters in reality?
    No.
    Does it matter on GaG?
    Yes.

Does it REALLY matter on GaG? Will you stop posting if you don't get MHO?
    I don't know , but personally I'm here to be amused by the many faucets of life.

• my MHO percentage is very low compared to other users, only just 5%.

I've seen most GAGers have at least 10%... :-(

• I don't think it matters at all. I don't care about it lol.

• It's more of a bragging rights thing. "You can trust me, just LOOK at my MHO %!"

Honesty, I've seen many users give great answers but they never got MHO, and some that didn't even get upvotes.

I've gotten MHO before even though I was an asshole in the answer, I've also NOT gotten MHO before even though I had 40+ upvotes. Some users ask a question, check the site 3 times, and never return. So no one gets a legitimately MHO.

Getting upvotes or good comments is what matters the most.

• If I was aiming for MHO every time the site would be like a job.

• I just say what my heart feels.. N focus on facts... Even people don't like it.. N I don't care of people contradicting with my opinion n click thumbs down..

• I say my opinion not for taking MHO but for stating what I really want to say. So I voted C

What Girls Said 7

• At first I was like that too. My MHO percentage was at around 40% for a while and I was only answering questions that I knew I could give a really detailed/helpful opinion on, so i would have a good chance at MHO. I wouldn't even answer if MHO had already been selected.

Now I don't care, I answer a lot more questions, and I answer questions that already have an MHO selected. I still try try to give helpful and detailed answers, but not because I want MHO. It's more fun just to give a lot of opinions and talk with people.

• Before GAG updated its website MHO (which was known as Best answers), were really hard to get.
    They used to be worth 10 points.
    The asker would reward a best answer, and he/she wouldn't earn any x-per points.
    They were rarely given out!
    I would always feel like my answer really helped someone when I did get that award because
    like I said they were really hard to get.

Now, that MHOs are worth 5 points, and the asker also gets points.
    I feel like some people may randomly award an answer (even if many of the answers aren't good)
    just so they can get x-per points.
    I feel like I am deserving of them when I really give advice from the heart.
    When its just a one line answer and I didn't put much effort into... I feel like I was randomly chosen.

• I have no idea if it matters or not, but I really don't care. I am here to help people, so who cares about MHO anyway?

• i really don't know what the mho % is all about. the entire thing is confusing to me.. it doesn't really matter to me all that much. but it is fun getting extra xp :-)

• vote B, it helps people to achieve more xper points and then can get the gift card faster :P

• I don't know to be honest i think it might help?

• Honestly I just give my opinion and if they like it well it's highly appreciated just for the points really