The people on GaG seem to be incredibly aggressive/rude?

So, I posted a question. And all of the males that answered treated me like I'm an idiot.

This site is for asking questions, no? There's no need to be mean on here. Just simple Q&A surely... So my question is: Why are some of the people like that? Just for the kicks they might get from it?

Don't get me wrong, some of the people on here are so lovely! :) Oh and I could be being over sensitive.. Sorry if I am.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know what the question was, but this site is divisive on gender-difference issues, much like in real life.

However, GAG is still one of the less confrontational websites. It's probably the least volatile web forum I have frequented.

I think there are three big reasons why sites are like that:

1) The internet is tone-deaf, and things you say that might not be intended as sarcasm, or with the purpose of insulting others, can still sound snotty and mean-spirited.

2) Sometimes people bitter from failures of having a real-life social life, as well as people who just don't understand social etiquette, take solace on the internet. As a result, they tend to say inflammatory things that ordinary people wouldn't say.

3) The internet is a hotbed for controversy, especially because controversial issues are easy to search for. It's easy to avoid a controversial issue in real life, but scrolling down the feed on an internet forum, you see right off the bat controversial topics. Some people respond to these a lot, and just get fed up after a while and start being jerks to one another.

What Guys Said 17

• Why are some people assholes in real life? Who knows. This site isn't immune to the realities of the world.

• Other people have already said it, but unfortunately there are some super grumpy Debbie downer types in here. They are out there in the real world too, but I think they really let their guards down here. Don't let them get to you! :-)

• You problem is excatly why I do not allow anonymous posts on my questions any more because people abuse it. I have this problem with a lot of the girls on this site but not all of course a lot of them are lovely to. I think you meet stupid people on every site. I also think people love being asses to the opisate gender as it has more affect.

• Yeah, I see what you mean... What do they say?

• People tend to take their anger / agressiveness they have in their everyday life onto the internet. It's easier that way, sadly. :)

• Oh, that makes sense... :/ Thanks! :)

• They were probably frustrated or aggravated by what you said.

• Mean people are everywhare. No mater whare you go or what website you visit someone will find ine bs reason or another not to like you. Ignore them Ask your questions and give your opinions

• Psh newbies on the site probably, once they learn that being a douche will not be tolerated they will fall in line.

• It always depends on the question.

• Even if it isn't a stupid question...

• They probably felt it was a stupid question.

That's when they go all-out on people.

I prefer to ask as non-anon, but with anonymous replies blocked. That removes most of the harassment from some of my "admirers".

• Hey i dealt with rudeness all my life, something we got put up with
    i'm sorry people are like that to you, i rather someone point out to me
    so we can talk things over and maybe even be friends.

• Don't mind mr, just a rude keyboard warrior passing by

• if someone annoys you, you can always block him.

• Half the questions on this website wouldn't need to be asked if people engaged a few brain cells in their head before posting as the answers they seek are all often right in front of their noses.

• This is the internet, people get to be anonymous assholes. I mean i'm an asshole in general but if you ask a stupid question out of naivety you're goining to get flippant answers, you obviously have the internet google that shit.

• What is the big deal about posting anonymously? Seriously?

• @Asker - it sounded like you thought he was saying you were an asshole because you posted anonymously. He didn't. He was talking about the rude remarks people being assholes because they can do it anonymously. He wasn't criticizing you.

• Oh, my apologies @ imbittered_punk yeah I completely get what you mean..

• lulz... are you always respectful?

• You mean passive aggressive? or all out aggressive?

I find that people who are aggressive when it comes to giving an opinion and/or answering a question are just stubborn and bigoted.

How did they react when you disagreed with them?

• Both, some were passive aggressive and others were all out aggressive. Yeah, I think that you're right. It's probably just that their opinions aren't the same. I just try to ignore the aggressiveness and answer the opinion. (if that made sense)

• asker is just trying to be nice so that it won't get attacked by the horde gang mob of crazies here
      shows the level of collective internet gang bullying present in this awful place full of monkeys

• people are rude... and welcome to gag and earth!

• If you deserve it then you'll get what's coming to you.

What Girls Said 15

• Just ignore the rude comments.

If something bothers you just report it.

• Yeah, good idea. Thanks!

• Some people are like that for different reasons, a lot of reasons. Even though the question is not stupid to you, they might think it's stupid. So just ignore them and keep going on with your day ^_^
    It's the internet, so a lot of people are like that because it's easy to be a coward behind a computer screen.

And the mods on here are biased toward a lot of responses... someone could say something racist and not get reported, but if it's something different, it gets reported for no reason.

• Oh that's nothing compared to my aggressive driving...

• I genuinely advise you not to take everything serious on here, and on internet and everywhere. Otherwise you'll get hurt a lot. For rudeness, it can happen. Just ignore and do your thing.

• If they were treating you like an idiot, then maybe you asked a question which they thought was obvious or stupid. Most people are nice here so don't worry yourself about it.

• it depends on how the question was written and how those guys generally answer. my advice is to not allow anonymous answers and block all those who dare to answer aggressively. at least you only have to deal with them once. usually they're not sociopathic enough to create a second account to annoy you.

• Mental problems from drugs and alcohol addictions.

• It depends on questions
    Yes there are some who are rude here

• Some people treat the interwebs as an outlet to blow off steam. I'm only rude if someone is rude back, gotta hold your ground sometimes!

• On GAG. Off GAG. That's just the way it is.

• Yes, i get you , I mean im pretty new to this yet I've seen how rude people can be, ofcourse it is so easy for them (specially boys tbh) to just be rude bc no one is looking at their real face nor name , but I beg those are the catfishes that in the real world are just lame losers, dont let them get under ur skin babe, you are too much xx

• Awh, thanks :) It's really strange though! Surely they would have something better to do :/

• Trust me girl, i know they sould, but they have lame lifes :/ poor them right

• Yeah exactly, poor them!

• What was the question?

• Why are some of the people like that? Just for the kicks they might get from it?

• I mean what was the question that attracted rude people? The one they treated you like an idiot.

• A lot of people to be honest. Just ignore them and stay happy ^_^ *thumbs up*

• You're right! Thanks :D You too!

• No, but I could do that for you...

• Really the worst are the ANONs that ask Qs
    so I always go ANON when engaging such

• Thanks for that.

• technically I just block anonymous replies on the questions where I don't want to hear trolls

• Ah, fair point... If you want to be logical :P