What do you think about people who ask to be rated?

For me it depends on the age. And on how they look.
What about you? Does it bother you? Are you neutral? Do you think they're insecure?

And for those who use a fake profile. What exactly is the point?

109

Most Helpful Girl

• It annoys me because you don't need to seek validation from people you don't even know!! It's all about YOU and how YOU feel. If you think you're beautiful, then good. If not, then you can do things to change that.
    Never have I ever asked a rate-me question because I know not everyone will find me attractive. I like myself for who I am and I will never ask someone do they think because I don't care what they think lol

Since these rate-me questions get asked a lot, it seems like a majority of the GAG population is very insecure (we all are though, about something).

• Us, I agree with you. What I don't get is when people put up fake profiles and asked to be rated lol how does that make then feel better? It's not them!

• Exactly!! OMG that's irritating. I'm glad they created a whole new section for that, but they still pop up on my feed.

• Thanks for MHO!! ^_^

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 9

• I always try to entertain myself by either pointing out how they're insecure or something else. And they shouldn't complain about not getting the positive responses they expect because this is a free to post site.

• I know I rated a guy a 3 and I got called a bitch lol

• :D ha that's what he deserved for fishing for attention

• Well it used to irrate me, especially the guys that do another rate me question 20 minutes after already doing one.
    And I never used to rate because I thought it was stupid but now they added the how do I look section I have to just accept it and go along with it.
    I would never do a rate me question as I know I'll get a complex or insecure from the criticism like all the other people that do rate me questions.

• since we have a "how do i look?" topic, they don't annoy anyone... you can always block this topic.

• I don't mind really. I just don't get the point.

• I don't care. And the people who ask for rates with fake pics, they're probably homosexuals fishing for thirsty guys

• Bored/insecure.

• Everybody want a honest opinion about how they look, its fine for me

• I hate those who know that they look like shit asking for a rating.

• More then the ones who are clearly good looking? Why?

• the girls that are hot just want an ego boost, but it can actually help to give some confidence to those with low self esteem and that think they look bad

• Shoot. Maybe I should stop being brutally honest then?

• I don't know... xD honesty always ftw. your not gonna say somebody is really really hot when he/she is not! but if you think somebody is really really ugly, maybe trying to give constructive criticism would be the best haha

• I'm butt ugly and would never do it!

• Hun, a lot of the people who asked to be rated aren't that great looking.

• Oh lol good. Me neither if I do, it's not a clear pic and I'd never ask people to rate me. It's just weird to me.

• It's insecurity, I grew into my looks so I carry that particular baggage as well. But I wouldn't search for the validation of people on here, I wouldn't lower myself to that.

What Girls Said 9

• Some people are looking for verification in their looks.
    They already know they are attractive,
    (Fishing for compliments)
    They just want to hear it a dozen more times.

Then there are those that no matter how flawless they may appear,
    really do have poor self esteem.
    The compliments they are getting online... does not match what
    they are facing in real life.
    They are insecure.
    Perhaps they have been bullied at some point in their life.
    Also, their dating life may be suffering.
    They want to know the "truth" as to how people see them.

Those with fake profiles... want to pretend that photo is them!
    They are living a fantasy!
    They love the frequent compliments :)
    ------

I generally empathize more with those that lack self esteem.
    Because at some place in my life (high school days), I was there
    so I know how it feels.

• - need assurance because they have esteem issues
    - fishing for compliments
    it does not bother until they "force" people to give them high ratings, and if gagers don't they start to argue/quarrel, downvote or even block others. I felt they are in denial.

• I have no idea why but it infuriates me lol!!

• Lol when they're like older it really bothers me or when they're clearly attractive.

• I think I just dislike seeing people searching for validation from others haha!

• I once asked a rate me question and that was cause I only wanted to know what people thought and it was the first time I ever had to ask a question like that cause normally I wouldn't ask to be rated but when I see other people giving rate me question it dosent annoy me but when I see those questions I usally give a rating of 8 or 9 or 6 or 7

• they must be really unhappy... and even more unhappy to put up fake pics.

• Haha, you think majority are fake?

• @Bandit74 yeah, there are a few who just want to waste other people's time with fake problems. had guys who pmed WALLS of texts looking for advice and it had a handprint of a girl written all over it. I found a question where an anon homeschooled girl admitted to doing it to entertain herself... they must be psychos

asker, for a little while, after the biggest catfish got caught and everyone went on a hunt xD now I just avoid those rate me questions to rate some fake people.

• hahaha i agree on those put up fake pics

• I think they're insecure and fishing for compliments. Or just trolling. It annoys me.

• they are insecure, that's why they are asking.

• I get that, I'm just curious what people think about it.

• I dont mind. Im cool with providing my rating lol

• Well, here's how I feel about rating: when I moved schools in 3rd grade, all the kids would "rate" eachother- which is something I had no idea about at my old school, we'd just play on the playground at recess!

Anyway, I was a total ugly duckling, and usually the boys would rate me a 0, a 1, or if I was lucky, a 2. I wore my brothers hand me downs because my parents couldn't afford pretty girly clothes for me, so honestly I was realy awkward and pretty ugly.

All through elementary school I was told I was a 2 at best, and it seriously destroyed little confidence I had. When I got to high school, I was able to afford my own clothes but still was quite awkward and gawky.

By senior year though, I had figured out some makeup tricks and started looking a lot more pretty. Suddenly, the boys who had called me a 0 wanted to take me out, but why would I date someone who called me a 0? Even if I was ugly, there's no way I would date someone who rated girls like that.

By college, I had everything down, and suddenly all the guys in the new group of friends I had wanted to date me, and even today I have a loving and sweet boyfriend- but sometimes I still think about being "a 0" and it still really hurts.

Moral of the story: I don't think you should ever rate others or ask to be rated. It completely ruined my years in school and it took YEARS for me to get over the harsh criticism.