Have you had interactions with someone on G@G and then they just suddenly drop off and go inactive?

... just wondering how frequent this is.

• Yep
  • Nope
  • Just show me the answers, I don't believe in voting

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• Well I haven't had any interactions with those people.
    But you see they are on pretty much every day and then out of no where they cancel their account.
    It always strikes me as shocking!
    But I've seen it happen again.
    It's part of gag reality.

• Well, what can I say! People come and "go". That's the way it is. I've gotten used to it.

• Emotional scar tissue, eh? I tried the casual dating approach (wasn't for me), but found myself dating people that I didn't want to hurt and one person I didn't want to lose. When I asked the question I was trying to figure out how to gently say goodbye. But, as it turns out, it was kind of like splitting wood. There were obvious split lines that showed up naturally. Who knew?

• That's happened to me a few times. It's weird...

• Yeah. don't know why. Usually it doesn't bother me.

• thus far, no.

• This happened to me with one person but he came back on with another account like a month later.

• Yup like Cromartie never you mind and recently baby fox. Many many

• What do you mean inactive? Just quit responding or suddenly closed their GAG account?

• Stop responding to you, and then stop logging in (but keeping) their account.

• I have only been here 2 weeks.
      No I haven't had that problem yet

• Maybe it's a natural thing. Person comes here with some social angst, hangs out for a while asking questions, answering questions , chatting and then moves on IRL. No necessarily a bad thing. It just seems weird to suddenly drop away, but I suppose it is easier than saying something first.

• i have :( it hurt when they left tbh.

• I'm sorry to hear, and do understand. It's relatively easy to strike up an electronic friendship here and then abandon it with out much effort. I guess we all came here to learn - and like other matters of the heart (that probably brought us here) we are sometimes surprised by the lessons we do learn. Hopefully we find the positive in them.

• I too appreciated the friendship while it lasted. I think it's normal to wonder what happened and be dissapointed in how things ended so abruptly ands quietly, but for my part anyway, it's nice to appreciate those dialogs we had at a time when it was very helpful to me.

• very true. i like your half-glass-full attitude =]

• @Klaatu51 error has gone? No way! I was slowly trying to make him like me so we could be friends and then I could go 'haha! You aren't as miserable as you think you are! '

My plan has been foiled...

• Hmm... I peek into the mind of the other side?

• Nope. I meant (kidding) we were getting a glimpse into how someone who was highly interactive suddenly drops out.

• I did... Then I snuck back on and stayed anon. Heeheehee... Sneaky.

What Guys Said 3

• @error_204... :-((((

• Yep. Every once in a while.

• Was wondering about it (seemed pretty strange) at first, but am coming around to the idea that it might be a natural flow based on what draws some to this site.

• Very true. Sometimes anonymous is spell by a different name.

• *spelled

• Hmmm yes. TheNewClassic.