Is GirlsAskGuys an accurate representation of the US population?

I don't think so... all the lonely weirdo pervert guys in the world are on this site. Don't you think? What about all the good-looking, rich, wealthy, happy men? I haven't seen one on here so far.

Most Helpful Guy

• The Internet tends to attract some really... interesting people, be it GaG or not.

I don't think that American GaGers from the U. S. are a great representation of the U. S. population though, no.

First there's the age divide. I'm just spitbaalling, but I'd guess that 90% of American GaGers are under 25 years old. That doesn't reflect the real world at all.

Socioeconomically, I'd bet that GaG is also skewed much more to the middle to upper-middle class compared to the rest of the country. People here are on smartphones, laptops, have reliable Internet connectivity, etc.

Anyway, those are just two things that came to mind. I'm sure there's more.

• Yup yup, you're so right about that!

What Guys Said 22

• It skews young. Probably above average sex drive. A lot of people with problems getting relationships which often means friend zoned guys and friends with benefits zoned girls.

I'd guess the average income by age is skewed up not down. At least for the over 25s.

"All the good looking rich happy wealthy men"

Yeah that's common. Hey I've noticed there are hardly any supermodels or famous actresses either.

• Yes definitely. I'm a new user and honestly I'm thinking of just getting off this site because it weirds me out so much.

• A lot of the biases here are internwt wide. Above average incomes and education. It actually probably covers the lower middle class to the very wealthy in a roughly representative way, but poor people are just magically invisible.

The 'people with problems' bias exists but I'm not sure that it's as big as you'd think.

• Maybe, maybe not. I can't tell unless we get a survey going.

• Do you know how gold is mined?
    dalje.com/.../x188196225283744468_5.jpg

• What the heck does this have anything to do with this?

• Yes and no.

Yes because all the weirdos are here, but no because there are even more weirdos in the real world.

It's a decent little slice though.

• Um... okay? Well all I know is that I don't think this is an accurate representation of the US population. Someone else on GAG said the same thing.

• "all the lonely weirdo pervert guys in the world are on this site"
    You're here too
    "good-looking, rich, wealthy, happy men? I haven't seen one on here so far."
    Now two.

• Are you calling me a lonely weirdo pervert guy?

• I know right... I've already realized that.

• best of luck.

• Who gives a shit? Every websites gonna have different sub-groups of people, plus GaG isn't exclusive to the US, it's a world-wide website. I could stereotype the women on this site also, saying they're a bunch of ugly, feminist, attention whores, but even if it seems like that after you've been on the site for a day or two, truth is their is diversity everywhere. But again, why give a fuck?

• Um... I give a fuck because I think the opinions on here can be absurd.

• Douchey and Sexy? Yeep sounds about right.
    The creepiest things that have been said aren't from American dudes.

• Nope not douchey and sexy. Not at all.

• I'm very weird, I'm not too lonely, I'm happy, I like the way I look lol (sometimes), I'm definitely not rich, though I like to pretend to be. I have wealth; Family, friends, fun, spirit, a crush, so I'm wealthy in that aspect. Perverted, hmmm I have fantasies but nothing perverted no.
    In conclusion I'm not your stereotype, but I'm not the exact opposite either. I'm one of those fifty shades of grey.

• Exactly. People are weird on here. I think I might just stop using this site. I don't like it too much.

• Oh... I'm sorry but personally you're a little weird to me.

• Same goes for you, but we've never even met. so I can't judge.

• Thanks! Glad to get lumped in with all of that!

• Depends on which description you are talking about.

• Oh good good, hey I found another one. I hate your type.

• Hahaha, well I suppose that's another of your problems, not mine.

• "What about all the good-looking, rich, wealthy, happy men?"

Well you've seen one now!

• lol that's a joke. I don't appreciate that.

• My wife says I'm attractive and I'm quite happy with my marriage. As far as rich goes yea I'm pretty middle class in that aspect ;C

• Well all I'm saying is that I think there are weird people on here. Well, the majority of the people on here are. Maybe you are an exception, I don't know, but I do not think this is an accurate representation of the US population.

• And what exactly do the people on here have to so with the US population.

• First of I'm Canadian. This website covers Canada too and i have seen good looking guys on this site who are confident.

• Yeah well you're from Canada and guys from Canada can be so good looking. I'm talking about the US.

• Is it maybe the most helpfull response? :D

• ... ;)

• No. People on here are a certain way. Just pay attention and you'll see

• If you want a representative sample, you'll prolly have to look at two websites, minimum.

• There is a variety of people on her from different countries and backgrounds

• And most are weird. And statistically, I don't know what percentage of the human population is on here, but I'm going to guess less than 50%.

• @ Asker the percentage of the human population that's on GaG is probably closer to like one-one-thousandth of a percent.

• lol... yeah you know you're right.

• I don't know. Married?

• Well all I know is that I don't think this is an accurate representation of the US population. Someone else on GAG said the same thing.

• Oh I agree fully.

• Good I'm glad you do.

• It draws the kind of people who have relationship problems and went looking somewhere for answers.

• rich, wealthy, happy men love entitled women

• Yeah well we won't find them here.

• I'm loaded and have lots of free time so I entertain myself here once in awhile

• lol yeah I guess I can see that...

• It's close enough.

But keep telling yourself it's a poor representation, because then that makes it easier to ignore the advice people provide on this site. Eventually your delusions will catch up with you, have fun with that.

• Well I'm not saying that the advice people give is wrong. It's just that on rate me questions, sometimes beautiful people are called ugly/average and sometimes ugly people are called beautiful. I don't know if it's because the people who use this site have poor judgement or if (again) the representation of the people on here is not accurate and maybe only the people on this site think the person is good looking.

• I bet the prob is more due to people wanting to be well rated for giving compliments instead of honest answers, rather than population perceptions.

• Well why would beautiful people be called average or ugly? Calling someone ugly or average is not a compliment, you know that, right?

• No, I think that the girls on GaG only represent the introverted girls with an above average to high IQ.

• Hmmm maybe you're right.

• Trololololo lololol lololol

What Girls Said 10

• statistically, it's (definitely 100%) NOT an accurate representation, since it's not random, it can't be scientific.

• Yeah yeah totally. Thank god I'm not the only one who thinks this. No one in my school has ever heard of this site.

• No way, especially since so many of the users aren't in the U. S.!

• haha I know!!! Thank god you realize this as well :)

• There do seem to be a lot of weird people. I don't think this site represents the united states. It certainly represents it's scaly underbelly.

• YES YES YES I totally agree. 100 up votes haha

• don't know. If it is, it has given me an even bigger reason to never go to the US.

• They are too busy making money and shagging girls

• I don't think so, also a bunch of people here aren't from the US so...

• Yeah I know and it's pretty diverse anyway

• No, because the population is small here.
    And people are not truthful always on internet

• Yup I know what you're talking about. Like for example on rate me questions... sometimes beautiful people are called ugly/average. Sometimes ugly people are called beautiful. And both of them are LIES.

• boys in HS like to call girls ugly for no reason
      the guys here regardless who they are, they wouldn't lie that a girl is ugly if they find them beautiful because it doesn't make sense given their thirsty behaviour.
      anyway most important is still how we see ourselves.
      our attractiveness would not go away just because one person dont agree to it

• Yeah you're right. Thank you!

• Not everyone on here is American, so no...

• Dear sweet Jesus no. Thank goodness. I think I'd kill myslef if the general population where as misinformed, small minded and hateful as a lot of the people on here.

• Yes I agree that many people here are mean and just bad in general.

• No why would it be? Everyone in the USA does not use GAG let alone ever heard of it. Not to mention that everyone on here isn't American.

• HA and GAG claims to be the hottest Question and Opinion site on the net. Seriously?

• Well I don't Amd they very well could be... But like I said everyone doesn't use this site.

• I know haha. Thanks for the answer though.