Just noticed it. There are lots of guy who show their real face and not some figure of the internet or something, but I noticed that there are more girls showing their face than guys. Why is that? And if, why don't you have a picture of youself as profile picture?
I'm not really sure. I think women are just more likely to take pictures of themselves anyway. Most men I know hate taking pictures and rarely actually take selfies. Lol So, that could be one reason, but I don't know.
I have like... three photos of myself from the past year. I occasionally get asked for one by people here and attempt a selfie and realize i have no ability to get one that actually looks like what I see in the mirror. Since the mirror looks like professional photos of me, I'm sticking with the mirror being accurate and my attempted selfies being distorted. But I don't like... invest time in taking better seflies.
I think that's typical of most guys. Taking photos of themselves is not something they do much, so when they do it, they do it badly.
Beyond that, I'd guess that an averagely attractive girl, if she puts some effort in, can get a photo where she looks cute at least, and gets more positive responses (and more obscene messages) in doing so. I'm guessing most of us guys, posting our pics has... no positive impact on how girls interact with us.
It probably has less to do with guys and more to do with a girl's desire to be noticed by the opposite sex. To put up a photo when it's not entirely necessary is a passive invite for attention, whether you want the attention on the surface or not.
Guys do this too, sure. But as a whole, most women value themselves mostly based on their appearance and desirability by guys (if you attract suitable partners, you reproduce). Most guys value themselves based on what they can provide for a woman (if men can provide for offspring, they reproduce).
There are very few cases where I'd stumble upon a guy constantly posting selfies of himself and basking in a sea of likes and comments. We generally think that's odd behavior for a guy and accuse him of being a narcissist. I can think of very many cases where a young girl posts many pictures of herself and basks in that attention.
probably because when guys take a selfie, there's a stark realisation that it looks quite a bit away from the model ideal. You know, with the tubby or scrawny body; the dowdy parent's basement backdrop; and the metro-sexual far away from masculine, or hideously baggy, clothes. Women generally look better, and they know how to add in all the filtration/uber focused/blinding white light shit to make them look more passable to the naive, easily fooled, male eye.
1) slightly above average and above average women are simply camera friendly. when you are generally good there is no problem with the camera. and women have a stronger desire to show themselves so when there is no problem they show it and show it with a passion.
2) average women can become easily better with makeup, and with some filters and camera in the whole they can look better. so they do not have a major problem with camera too and as the group 1 they like to show themselves so they do.
3) this is not true about below average women, or extremely insecure women. below average women have more problem showing themselves than average and below average men.
4) some men tend to care less than women about their face. they either show it without a try to look better, or do not show it.
5) some men have insecurity problems, that I myself find a little pointless. because men's physical beauty is more of a luxury for most of them. means an average looking man with confidence and talent and a good mind is easily desired by the opposite sex and is more than enough for most of them. so having those insecurities really doesn't mean anything unless one is obviously very below average.
although we do not come here for dating. but insecurity is generally towards all women, like in women that is towards all males.
6) some men may not be very friendly with camera even if they are average looking. cameras can make them look worse than they are and they don't put so much effort in taking photos.
7) this is the internet and some men feel safer in their quest as creeps.
8) also again consider that this is the internet. and on this site for example people come to give opinions. for some people a special picture is inspiring and helps them in expressing themselves online, and beyond that they do not see a need to show more of them online.
9) some men are too good looking and want to hide their fragile selves and keep their virginity for their wives.
My face is irrelevant to my opinions XD Also I am very blunt/straightforward, so just because I have honest opinions for sexually related questions, it seems to be an invite to some to ask me personal questions. Even more so if there's a face to the name. I'm not here for that (: