Do any of you wish we could block all posts about valentine?

Valentine's day is nearing. The scariest day of the year for the forever lonelies. I wish I could just boycott this fucking hallmark "holiday" for the rest of my life. It makes me hate the entire world and myself even more. It's just everywhere. Like Justin Bieber when he had not gone to the douchebag side yet. Very annoying.

To all of you who have gfs/bfs to celebrate Valentine's day with, good for you.

Please do remember that there are tons of miserable singles out there. So Please... don't rub it in our faces.

Anyone feel the same way?

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to feel this way but over the years I've learned to embrace being single. There are ways to be single and NOT lonely. So what if you don't have someone on Valentine's day? Make a day out of it? Hang out with friends that don't have someone for the holiday either. Or if all your friends are taken, just make it one of those relaxing "Me" days. It could quit nice if you don't dwell on the negative. :P

• *sigh*
      Guess I'd just have to stay off GAG from today til Valentine's day is over, and then NOT go out of my pink-free home at feb 14th...

• reminds me of an ad in which a guy was being poked on by needles and was lying really still on the table. Then all of a sudden, the building where the are had caught fire. Everyone evacuated, inclusing the guy who stuck needles in this other guy's body. This other guy was then left with needles all over him, unable to move. lol

• Twisted! That was an ad that you saw? Lol. Ads these days are so weird.

What Guys Said 10

• Nope, I'm most likely gonna be alone and don't mind. Quit being so vagina hurt.

• you're a different species anyway, so you don't count lol

• Na man I love it!!
    Spending a day with my gf and an excuse to be as soppy as I want to be all the time ^_^

• yeah rub it in on our miserable single noses! This is not a question for you.

• Lol your problems you keep vaguely touching on. Grow up
      not a single problem in this world would have you needing someone just to be happy.
      But sit with that naivety all you like... I'll be here... happy and taken ^_^

• GET! OUT!

• It's just another day to me. I actually only hate it when I'm in a Relationship. Then I'm expected to pull off some fairy tale day.

• why you feel lonely? VD means NOTHING... it's just another day of the year ;-)

• Exactly! If only everyone could stop bullshitting about it! That would be great.
      And stop decorating everything with pink, as if a pepto bismol truck got into an accident everywhere on earth!

• No, I like the free Xper. But I also don't celebrate the holiday

Wanna be a real rebel? Always celebrate it on February 16, that way all the candy is 75% off, dinner reservations are wide open EVERYWHERE and there's even free flowers sometimes!

That's what I always did with girlfriends.

• Why celebrate it at all?

lol by the way, that's how I buy my Easter candy

• "That way all the candy is 75% off"... chocolate at 75% off. Love it!

• I got u fuck Valentine's day

• If you're alone, just think of it as any other day.

• I do. But society makes it so much harder for me to think of it as a normal day. I'm constantly reminded that I have no one while everyone has someone. And you're supposed to have someone in this "special" day

• Because I'll feel loved and wanted. About 99% of the world population want that. Right now I feel so unloved and unwanted.

• Yeah that's true: a lot of people want to be loved and it can feel nice.

• I don't care about Valentine's Day. People can talk about it all they want for all I care

• think of the money and time we save having to buy crap and do stuff

• I get the feeling that I know who you are ;)

• I'm not a cat lover. =) You should have known that =) So I guess you're not who I thought you are then haha

• if it helps you don't follow me and I don't follow you but i mite now you seem fun

• No I don't feel the same way.. I think the people who gets annoyed by it are the people who are just sad and miserable.

• yeah well I am. And this whole Valentine's day thing doesn't make me feel any bit better

• All about being PC on here

• Yeah fuck PC. PC makes the sad and miserable feel even more sad and miserable.

What Girls Said 14

• not at all. just because I'm single, it doesn't mean i need to act like the world revolves around me and I'm depressed. I'm single because i either want to be, haven't had the chance of meeting someone, or I'm unsuccessful because i need to improve myself.
    if anything, Valentine's should be at least a consideration for the people who have found that in their lives. would i like to have someone to share that day with? of course, but until then i can't just feel sorry for myself. it's a motivation to become better and enjoy my single life as a process of loving myself before i can love someone else.
    for now, be ur own valentine=]

• that process happens everyday for me.

Just as thet process of couples loving each other should also happen every day and not on a single hallmark holiday in a year.

• That's why I think it's stupid. And I thought that story of St. Valentine was just a children's story?

• nope it actually happened:)

• I'm a foreveralone but i don't think it should be banned lol. Some people found love! That's great :)

I think that's the most cheerful thing I've ever said on this site.

• Yeah I know but I don't appreciate their happiness being constantly rubbed in my face when I can't even get a glimpse of MY own happiness!

• lmao! @kain7ht

• lol yeah I would probably either kill those peeps or just dig a hole and bury myself in the ground. Or both.

I wish there was something we could do, just like PDA, but something that would make the taken ones jelly of our single-fab. Like we should grope male strippers on the streets or something lol

• I just find it an annoying holiday. Pretty much every holiday is annoying to me, though. Such oversensationalized crappery.

I don't think it makes sense though to be offended by the happiness of others. Yeah some couples are irritating as heck because they act like they'd love nothing more than to want to roll their love into individual bullets and shoot them down the throats of each innocent bystander. But love doesn't only come in the form of a relationship. If you feel lonely on Valentine's day find somebody else to spend it with even if you aren't in a relationship. Be happy with those who do love you no matter who they are.

• *nothing more than to roll their

• yeah but the lovey-dovey part and hugs and caresses makes it all worth it.

Compared to not having someone to do all that to you EVER.

• I'm not saying that wanting those things isn't natural. It's very natural. It agrees with human biology. But it's not nearly as idealistic as Valentine's day makes relationships out to be. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be in one regardless but for now you need to find some way to take off your mind the fact that you're not in one, whether that means finding some singles ladies to hang out with or picking up a hobby or whatever.

• I don't care so much that I'm alone for it. I doubt I'd want to celebrate it if I was in a relationship. I just hate how it's so over hyped. The only time I enjoyed it was when I was a kid. I loved it when we got Valentine candies and cards back then. Now it just seems like there is a lot of pressure for couples out there for a certain date. There are so many days out there as it is to celebrate with a loved one, why add another one? I think romance would be more fun when it's spontaneous and not just because of a certain day. I'm hoping if I ever do get in a relationship that I'll be with a guy that doesn't care for it.

Just judging by the questions on this site already I can see that there is pressure. I read one question where a girl wanted to force her boyfriend to celebrate it even though he hates it. I feel like people get stressed about what they have to do for it.

• I know, right? I don't think I would celebrate it either if I were in a relationship. But if I were in a relationship, any day could be special. No need for a fucking hallmark holiday to make one single day special...

I just hate it more if I was single. And I've been single for the 25+ years of my life.

• But I do want to find a guy. It I didn't care about having a guy, then I would also be happier with my single status.

lol funny I had that when I was younger. Turned out all I needed to get over him was closure. I talked to him, told him my feelings, and asked me whether or not he ever had feelings for me (instead of endlessly wondering), and boom! It just faded away quickly and now he was just someone I used to have a huge crush on.

• That's actually true for me too. Unfortunately, this is someone I work with. It would make things awkward at work if I confessed and he didn't have feelings back. I'm sure if we could sit down and talk about it, things would change. I'd honestly love to ask him sometime just to hang out after work, and then discuss everything. We don't really get alone time together. If it was anyone else I would do it. I've always believed that you should step up and tell someone how you feel. The worst they'll do is say no. The thing is with the other guys, we didn't see each other everyday. Him and I work close together. It's basically eight hours everyday of awkwardness. Co-workers probably shouldn't date anyway though.

• this is just a question from a bitter person who can't get a relationship. i love it when single people get depressed this time of year. i actually enjoy rubbing it in their faces.

• now that you're done, GET OUT.

• a lot of people really can't handle the truth on this site

• lol honey, that's why we get on the internet. Now get off your high horse and get the f out of my face?

• There are some people out there who have lost either parent but still have to put up with mothers/fathers day, and you're complaining about being on v day , get over it.

• *being single

• well that puts some perspective... I've never seen it like that before. If only you didn't have to end your sentence with "get over it"...

• Write yourself a love letter and go out with the girls for girls nite out. Cherry up. You think too much.

• I've been single for so long now, and tbh, im starting to love it. I love this time to myself, and not having some stupid guy controlling my life... but I still have respect for those in relationships, because I know that when I find someone, im gunna fucking love Valentine's day LOOOL

• I have respect too, as long as they don't rub their relationships in my face all the time. And Valentine's day is the day when tons of couples do that unknowingly.

• As usual each time when there is a national holiday or festival coming like Christmas, people would create all the posts. but here i dont think that much since many are singles.
    Just ignore those posts

• Instead of being bitter about it, you could just ignore it. If you can't stand Valentine's Day so much, avoid places you know are going to make a big deal about it. Others have every right to be happy about being with someone and excited for a special day with them.

• heck EVERYWHERE is decorated with Valentine's day. Bakeries, malls, shops, restaurants, busses... And even every website.

They have 365 days of the year to be happy. If you need a hallmark holiday to have a special day with your SO, then you might want to rethink things.

• Just don't come online for two or three days?

• I guess I'll have to stay off until feb 16 or something

• No... No No... No No No. I love Valentine's Day. Why? Cause instead of spending it with A Lover (Which I Don't Have) I spend it eating Cupcakes Loaded with Frosting With All My other Single Friends. Valentine's day is about love right? Why Not Just Embrace The Love Of Cupcakes?

• I embrace it everyday lol No need for one special day

• You speak my language.
    My high school has "Single Awareness Day" (aka SAD) off. I guess they thought it was more humane to let us grieve in peace. I just take the time to appreciate my boyfriend. He does this cute thing where he didn't exist. It is adorable.

• Haha lol @ the Justin Beiber sentence. And instead of being miserable go have an awesome time with your single friends!

• I don't have many single friends. boo...

• Most things are.

• yeah. So I guess GAG doesn't help most of the time, huh?