Why does GAG have our ages listed?

I just logged on a few minuets ago, and I've noticed that our real ages are listed instead of the age ranges. Why is that?

Yes, I know part of my age says 1995. I don't need anyone pointing it out!!

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with you its horrible D:
    When you made a account they ask for the month day and year... I know, i don't like my real age to be out there, now everyone know... But oh well, we can't do nothing about it!!

What Guys Said 10

• So that people who can't do math can know your age as well.

• I honestly think it's more helpful. Age matters sometimes with questions and opinions. The previous categories were WAY too broad to be useful. "Under 18" could mean a 13 year old or a 17 year old. There's a much bigger difference between the two, especially if the question is sexual.

• So that you know that you ain't taking sexual advices from 13 yr olds.

• Haha they will never know my age ;D

• Can you please help me understand? Because I think you are a little paranoid, and even though you don't want us to point it out, you have 1995 in your username. Why are you making such a big deal about something that you, pretty much, told everyone how old you are already? And do you think some creep thought, "Oh she might be 24, I don't want to creep on her. GROSS!" A creep is going to creep no matter what your age is.

• Are you serious? I just made an update. I KNOW my username has 1995 in it. How many people are going to remind me before the day is over? I can see it for myself. So that's why I'm going to change my username.
      Oh, and I know creeps are going to bother me regardless of my age. That's not the point I'm trying to make. Geez

• What do you think it is?

• I don't know, that's why I asked.

• Personally i really like this change.
    I see some might see it as a privacy issue but this is waaay better then a bunch of under 18's

• That's the main thing I'm worried about. Not to mention two people already said they can see the users that posted anon
      Seriously, do we get any privacy anymore?

• I agree on the anon part, it should not display an age when posted anon.

• I'm not sure. Just the way things are

• About time!

• Nonghting with that, because When you register on GAG, you already tell your age to GAG, becasue you fill a lot of Data on profile!

• Ohhh I like!

What Girls Said 13

• That part doesn't really bother me. I think it will help a lot when dealing with under 18 users. When giving advice, there's a big difference between a 13 year old and a 17 year old.

• I can imagine the only people that hate this are those that are extremely young
    and those that are middle aged or older.
    I don't like that the age isn't an optional feature.

• I'm probably considered middle aged, and i prefer it since i'm not just in the 'middle age to geriatric' category.

though i'll like it less in a year.

• Because it's been requested numerous times so people can give more accurate opinions/advice based on the OP's age. Now it's been done. :D

• So we can't ask people to guess our age anymore :p

• That's why I don't use my actual birthday online :-)

• Because someone could have never guessed that you were 19; with your screen name being Laura1995...
    Your's is fairly obvious...

• Too keep people from lying? I just noticed it.

• My age is wrong... oh well. Well, I guess there goes my theory.

• Yea it's about time.

• Yes I am surprised
    now pple won't ask for age anymore

• know idea but I like it it dosent bother me so much

• I have no idea but I hate it. Just do age ranges again and if anything narrow the age ranges down to 4/5 year blocks.

• Because everyone was annoyed at them swapping the age groups around I assume, so just putting your actual age solves the issues.

• I guess so... Now I have to go anon so creeps won't mess with me :/

• Hang on... You numpty, you have your birth year in your username! You silly sausage! Lol!

• Also, anon is for cool people so going anon will only make you extra awesome. Prepare for the haters :P

• I don't know, but I hate that. Now no one will take me seriously.

• Yeah that's unfortunate :/
      I hate that too because it's really no one's business how old we are.

• You're 13, you don't even take yourself seriously.

• How funny.