Why did GaG make it so you can see people's exact age?

why did GaG make it so you can see people's exact age? what do you think about that?

0|0
10|14

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I was gonna ask the same thing! Looks like they changed up their format! I don't like it at all for some reason. I liked having an age range better... it made things more anonymous and it helped you to not make assumptions about people of a certain age. This sucks :P CHANGE IT BACK!

0|0
    0|0
    • yeah!! its creepy! at least grant a little anonymity! at least someone could ask my age and i could go, under 18 but that could mean 17 and that could mean 12, they dont know. this is like going "hey creepers! come stalk me im young!" lol

• Show All
    • Thanks for MHO :)

What Guys Said 14

• So people can know if the question asker is "Below 18 as in 9" or "Below 18 as in 16"
    HUGE amount of difference there.

1|0
    0|1
  • To give creepers a better idea of how old their prey is.

2|4
    0|0
  • i like knowing you are 16 lol. that's why :D hahaa really I don't know though.

0|1
    2|0
  • I like the exact age thing a lot more than the age range.

2|0
    0|0
  • that's not a bad thing :-P

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, they fixed it for safety reasons , too many are joining with multiple accounts under different ages this has been a suggested feature for quite some time..

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's amazing!

1|0
    1|0
  • I don't know why, but I like it that way.

2|0
    0|0
    • I wrote it somewhere else already, so I am just going to copy and paste, if that's okay:
      "I like it, it's annoying to see an "Under 18" next to your name,
      I am seventeen and there a people who are 18 or 19 who disqualify my opinion just because I am under 18,
      however now they'll see that I am basically just as old as them."

• im fine with it but it must suck for the oldies over 45. Now we know how old they really are =o

1|0
    0|0
  • It's awesome.. Cause I can see how many old and young people here.

0|0
    0|0
  • so guys like me don't say the wrong things to a young lady the wrong age.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's alright. There's a big difference between the maturity of a 18 year old and a 24yo.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it like that, it allows me to know if I should be commenting on their question or not

0|0
    0|0
  • Your age exact
    Haha
    Because gag divided people into age groups every group thinks little bit closer that's why they did like that

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• HAHA, I got my "Can I guess your age?" question in just in time!

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1197800-gagers-can-i-guess-your-age-lol

1|1
    0|0
  • I just noticed that I did not put my real age when I signed up. I wasn't expecting to be around x_x.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I just noticed this. Well looks like we'll have to get use to this design. It was much better with the age range. I think they did this to know the asker's exact age and the fact that someone can no longer claimed to be a year younger or so when it shows up.

Though I used to like it better when I would sometimes say I'm in my mid-late 20's but none could figure out my real age.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oooo I was wondering what changes they'd make after it was offline yesterday. Didn't even notice, but now it's blindingly obvious.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it that way more because when I see under 18, I always think that they're like 14 and when I see over 35, I always think they're like 50. So knowing exact age is always better.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because people suggested it a while ago?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's pretty cool

0|0
    0|0
  • I like it this way!

0|0
    0|0
  • Hate it. I'm all for the age range.

1|0
    0|0