Why did GaG make it so you can see people's exact age?

why did GaG make it so you can see people's exact age? what do you think about that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I was gonna ask the same thing! Looks like they changed up their format! I don't like it at all for some reason. I liked having an age range better... it made things more anonymous and it helped you to not make assumptions about people of a certain age. This sucks :P CHANGE IT BACK!

• yeah!! its creepy! at least grant a little anonymity! at least someone could ask my age and i could go, under 18 but that could mean 17 and that could mean 12, they dont know. this is like going "hey creepers! come stalk me im young!" lol

• Thanks for MHO :)

What Guys Said 14

• So people can know if the question asker is "Below 18 as in 9" or "Below 18 as in 16"
    HUGE amount of difference there.

• To give creepers a better idea of how old their prey is.

• i like knowing you are 16 lol. that's why :D hahaa really I don't know though.

• I like the exact age thing a lot more than the age range.

• that's not a bad thing :-P

• Well, they fixed it for safety reasons , too many are joining with multiple accounts under different ages this has been a suggested feature for quite some time..

• I think it's amazing!

• I don't know why, but I like it that way.

• I wrote it somewhere else already, so I am just going to copy and paste, if that's okay:
      "I like it, it's annoying to see an "Under 18" next to your name,
      I am seventeen and there a people who are 18 or 19 who disqualify my opinion just because I am under 18,
      however now they'll see that I am basically just as old as them."

• im fine with it but it must suck for the oldies over 45. Now we know how old they really are =o

• It's awesome.. Cause I can see how many old and young people here.

• so guys like me don't say the wrong things to a young lady the wrong age.

• I think it's alright. There's a big difference between the maturity of a 18 year old and a 24yo.

• I like it like that, it allows me to know if I should be commenting on their question or not

• Your age exact
    Haha
    Because gag divided people into age groups every group thinks little bit closer that's why they did like that

What Girls Said 9

• HAHA, I got my "Can I guess your age?" question in just in time!

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1197800-gagers-can-i-guess-your-age-lol

• I just noticed that I did not put my real age when I signed up. I wasn't expecting to be around x_x.

• Yeah I just noticed this. Well looks like we'll have to get use to this design. It was much better with the age range. I think they did this to know the asker's exact age and the fact that someone can no longer claimed to be a year younger or so when it shows up.

Though I used to like it better when I would sometimes say I'm in my mid-late 20's but none could figure out my real age.

• Oooo I was wondering what changes they'd make after it was offline yesterday. Didn't even notice, but now it's blindingly obvious.

• I like it that way more because when I see under 18, I always think that they're like 14 and when I see over 35, I always think they're like 50. So knowing exact age is always better.

• Because people suggested it a while ago?

• It's pretty cool

• I like it this way!

• Hate it. I'm all for the age range.