Are you REJOICED by that you can now see exact age on GAG? I think it's amazing! What about you?

To be honest, I would have preferred it to be like this from the very start! It makes so much more sense than playing the guessing game whether someone is 14 or 17, 18 or 24, or maybe 36 or 63. It just doesn't parse well, really.

It's better to know the age of the person for certain, and I'm glad GAG made a change that'll be for the better.

Are you glad people can see your exact age, and that you can see theirs?

• YES and YES, I'm glad I can see the exact age of others, AND I'm glad that they can see my age.
  • YES and NO, I'm glad that I can see the exact age of others, BUT I'm not fond of my age being public.
  • NO and YES, I wasn't really interested in the exact age of others, BUT I'm glad they can see my age.
  • NO and NO, I wasn't interested in the exact age of others, AND I don't like that they can see mine.
  • Something something marshmallows

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Yesterday I got the first "you're 67, shut up, get out!"

Agism from a stupid donkey..

• That's harsh, but you can just report the post as antagonistic. Elderly people are people too.

And you aren't even one of those extremely "conservative" (read, close-minded and culturally defined) people who claim sexism is the way to go, then again, you are married :p

(I thought you were younger. o-o)

• I FEEL a lot younger LOL.
      But when i meet the girls I was in class with 50 years ago... OH. :D

What Girls Said 15

• Not sure how I feel about this. I like to remain relatively anonymous online, so anything that decreases that anonymity is a little bit eh to me. But on the other hand I do like being able to see the exact age of others, particularly those who were previously in the "under 18" and "18 to 24" categories. For the under 18s it's easier to determine whether I'm at least slightly justified in writing them off for being too young (Like, if they're saying stupid things, I can just deal with it since they're particularly young.) And for the "18 to 24"s it's nice to know if the person mocking me for being young is even significantly older. Also I kind of like having my age displayed since I'm at the upper limit of the under 18 category, also making it less easy for people to disregard me for being young, though I actually do kind of find it amusing when people do that. (Also, not as much praise for being so smart for a teen. Absolutely tragic loss, that. I do rather enjoy having my ego stoked at times.)

So in general I'm just kind of eh about it.

• Yeah I can dig it.

• I don't like it. I feel violated. Lol, my age is incorrect on this though. I don't know why.

• Something something marshmallows
    i am not interested in the exact age of others and i also dont care whether pple know my age.

• it helps since everyone would assume i was like 12 or 13 because it said under 18

• Fuck! Shoot me now 😐🔫 I hate it. I feaking loathe it. Liek I don't mind people knowing but it would of been great to share such information with people that I wanted to share it with.

• Not sure what makes it so special xD

• It's ok MesonFielde, no harm done :)

• But it's arguable that race, nationality, weight or height are relevant in a similar way a person may judge another for their age yet those would seem offensive to most to not keep private. Obviously not everyone the same age has the same opinion although it may influence their opinion in a similar way like the other factors I listed. Imagine if it said "cav a black guy" how politically incorrect that would be lol. But not everyone wants their age out there either.

• Ugh, just as I advanced into the 18-24 category three days ago, OMG. Worst. B-day gift. EVAH.

Seriously though, I think that's a good thing. I've always said that every year makes a drastic difference in younger people (say, under 21) and let's face it, these are the ones that most often ask for relationship advice.

• Yeah, even 18 just isn't the same as 22.

And thank god for that, I used to be an idiot!

• Sort of. I used to try and throw people off in my anonymous questions by saying I was like 20 or something lol. It's less anonymous now.
    Plus, those 'guess my age' questions are going to be a fail.

• Amazing is a big word for this change in my opinion.

• After the previous -18, 18-24, 25-34, 35+ change, I like this quite a bit.

• I don't know why I assumed that you were older. However, not really. Unless I'm having false memories, I remember them doing showing everyone's exact age, a year or two ago. You just had to click on their profile.

• i don't like people seeing my age

• I don't mind but I want people to take me seriously so

• Meh, don't really care either way. Must say I am quite shocked at how old some of our members are - I think it's great, we literally have people from 13 - 70. Great stuff :)

• Voted D cause I have been trying to be really discreet. But it shiws my age

• I think something something marshmallows describes exactly how I feel about this topic.

• Perfect. I knew I could channel the true feelings of a few great minds who think alike :P

• You certainly did those of us in the minority justice. The other options just didn't speak to me. :-P

What Guys Said 13

• i know whos 13 now

• I think it should be illegal to show it without your explicit permission. They should not be allowed to show ANY personal information without your permission. I can see the possibility that it really is illegal.

They can't just go around making policy changes like that when it comes to personal information. I hope somebody sues the shit out of them. All these online companies need to be put in their places and stop violating people's right to privacy.

• I do admit that there ought to be a setting to somehow make it less exact if you're not comfortable with it, but I think that's just harsh.

• It's irrelevant if it's helpful. It's also irrelevant how old the person is. Personal information is personal information.

• You lost that legal battle when you submitted your age during profile creation. Unless there was a disclosure that stated that they would never reveal your age (which wasn't extremely confidential to begin with) you don't really have a basis for legal argument.

• basically i love this feature. i cansee other's ages without asking XD

but dude, i'm surprised i'm older than you... your opinions look way more mature than mine :-'(

• I agree with all your reasons for liking this change.

I personally feel, that it opens up, for more honesty
    and give us an easier time, to give correct advice, based
    on what age someone is. ^.^

• It really doesn't make much of a difference those that lie about their age will still lie the only difference is those of us that put are actual real birthdays on here have our actual age shown.

• It's FLIPPIN' awesome!!! Now I know which cuties to hunt next on ma list 😈

• It's fine, no huge feelings about it. But it does make sense.

• rejoiced is too strong a word for me. I'm not really affected much by it

• I'm glad I can see the age of minors because it will definitely help with making more accurate advice but I generally don't care either way.

• I think it really only makes a difference for the under 18 and over 45 crowd.

• I agree with this. Those two categories encompassed a pretty broad age range so it was easy to associate an incorrect age to someone, as opposed to the 18-24 and 25-34 categories where its more easily discernable based on the opinions they give.

• Yes its really cool!

• I am glad. So many stupid and immature people here asking silly questions like "Should I marry a serial killer" or "does he like me?" I mean it's gets to a point where it's ridiculous common sense.

• Assuming people aren't lying... I don't really care.