Come the recent change, age shown, people being awkward?

With the recent change, GaG has had our
exact age shown, personalyl I don't mind it what so ever
but I see a lot of people being awkward about it..

My question is, "Why", age is just a number, no? ^.^

• I like the change
  • I dislike the change
  • I'm a pink gorilla.

Most Helpful Guy

• I like the change a lot.
    I now know if somone is 12 or 17 or 18 or 23.
    What bothers me is the private message shows usa times when people have responded.
    We aren't all from USA so to have only that time feels really weird to someone not in that time zone.

• Oh yea, I got the exact same issue.

It's difficult to determine at which
      time someone sent me a message. ^.^

• @asker exactly it is super confusing and I'm suprised that admins don't know how to code in different time zones when they have just done a considerable update.

• Thanks for MHO

What Girls Said 16

• Don't mind it. Never too old to get belly rubs
    s3-ec.buzzfed.com/.../...z-27977-1372172595-15.gif

• I've always been awkward. Now people just know I'm an awkward 35 year old. I wonder at what age I'll grow out of it? ! :)

• I'm a pink gorilla! Hehe jokes (even though I clicked that option) 😐

I don't know, it feels so weird, age is now exposed, new layout, it's all to much. I certainly have to get use to it. I find it so awkward that it shows your exact age 😕 eh I don't know what to think of it.. Honestly..

• I don't like it. I mean, I'm open about my age, but I feel like it's an invasion of privacy. I feel I should have a choice over whether I share my age or not.

• To me it's actually pretty interesting, seeing people's ages. Some GAGers are older than I thought. I don't see how the change in how ages are shown is much of a deal, though.

• It's great. There's a huge difference in how I would answer a question to a 18 from a 24 year old, and they were in the same category before!

• People already started disrespecting me because of my age. Yes, I'm in 8th Grade and I give relationship advice better than you, little skank.

• Well people are forgetting to think properly then
      you could easily have more life experience than older people
      it's not like we know what you've experienced.

But I guess people forget that fact. ^.~

• Jeez, you're older than I thought lol I don't mind it as well, my age is slightly off though, but I don't know how to change that.

• Your age should fit the information you provide
      back when you first created your account.

But if errors were made, you can contact the admins
      http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact
      and explain the problem.

I've had people tell me before, that I
      act younger than I am. ^.~

• You're just an example that age is just a number that isn't directly related to personality X) Thanks for the advice!

• I'm a pink gorilla. :3
    Nah, I like the changes actually.
    I put an old picture of my dog up when I dressed him in a wig and sunglasses. xD
    I don't mind my age being shown, not sure why others would mind?

• Perfect fashionable combination
      of sunglasses and stylish wig. ^.~

I've noticed, that it's mostly people
      in the before "under 18" category, who feels
      weird about having their age shown.

• Ah yeah, because maybe users might judge them for their age or something. Older and younger users can definitely add a new perspective to issues, so hopefully people will realize that and won't give them too much grief. ^^;

• i feel like this is getting one step closer to okcupid where people judge your personality by your age...

• I have seen enough age bias on here to figure that you are right about many of them. But hopefully the majority look at the quality of the advice, rather than the age of the advisor.

• yes this is awkward

• I'm fine with it.

• I am a pink gorilla haha
    I am neutral towards the update, anyway i dont hide my age so it is okay

• I don't mind it. :P

• I like the change. I'm surprised to see some people are much older than I thought.

• I don't like the change.

What Guys Said 15

• If a person is worried just by showing his/her age, you can predict his/her self-esteem. We should proudly show it. And it's now easier to answer questions. ^_^ Cheers!

• 0|2
  • this feature is a blessing... i always wanted to know the exact age of the other GAGers, but it would be rude to ask them... now i don't have to :-P

• i think its gonna be a short phase if anything hahaa. and an occasional joke every now and then.

• That's what I hope.

I personally quite like the change
      but that may just be me.. I feel like people
      are more open.. somwhat. ^.^

• 0|1
  • I can better decide which questions to answer and which to avoid, and can better tell the perspective from which opinions originate. Obviously others can do the same with me.

• I like it, less bull shitting.

• No, it doesn't really affect me. I am Ozaru.

• I think they find it awkward because they want others to think they're older/younger than their real age. :\
    I don't mind showing my age, I don't really care. (^_^)

• Hi i'm PANDAmonium and im 19 years old.

• I feel like everybody who cared had a pretty good handle on my age anyhow :D

• I don't give a crap.

• It doesn't really bother me this change to be honest. So I just voted to be a pink gorilla.

• I'm a pink primate so I have no concerns with the recent change

• I haven't changed, I'm still an asshole!