Has GAG become boring?

With all the changes recently I've noticed that there is a huge lack of GAG activity. There's barely any anonymous posts and posts that aren't anonymous aren't receiving many replies, if they're receiving any at all. Also, replies are slower. I feel like a lot of people left or are taking a break until they change it so anonymous users will be able to hide their exact age. It's really a shame because just 2 days ago, GAG was exciting and now it's not. What's your take on it? Is GAG boring now?

Not much to do with the question but for all you "Frags" out there (that's gag friends by the way), do you guys know each other in person or... you met on here in fell in love with one another? Cuz some of you seem pretty close/devoted.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I agree... Gag is getting a bit boring. That's why I don't come on anymore as much as I used to.

• I feel the same way.

• Yeah I noticed that. It's kind of weird.

• Yes I agree with that too. It's kinda annoying @gapminder

What Guys Said 22

• GAG never becomes boring no matter the changes.

I'll stay in GAG till my last breath :-P

• You're reading too much into it me think , or the questions are just coming in too hot and too fast and people can't reply to them in time.
    Cos that's what it feels like when I check the "recent questions"

• I don't think so. I'm pretty observant and I've noticed a decrease in activity. I'm an active user so these things don't get past me.

• It would be ageist if they do.

• Yeah. Well sites don't really care about a minority.

• It has felt a little less appealing lately, I don't think I'd go on much anymore if certain users stopped using GaG.

• Yes and no in my opinion, some questions are picked up on the live feed, but many don't get answers at all maybe just one or two. There was even one where I was the only answerer... it's easy to get MHO like that, but really? Also, I'm a bit disheartened by how a lot of cool people like @Dbt25677 @Jerusha @MaskOfInsanity and a whole bunch of others have left.

Let's just hope @Bandit74 @JackKerouac77 and @Klaatu51 never give up.

• I don't know, jack said he was feeling depressed...

• Ha, it's cause I don't have a life. Or rather, I don't have enough of an online life to have much better to do. And I'm too much of a procrastinator to get anything productive done. I may end up disappearing as well once I'm in college, who knows.

• @cipher42 that's actually the same reason why I'm here! It's just so much easier to write down the things I'm thinking than actually get something done XD

• Yes noticed many more participants well people requested for the change
    i think this is to help keep things in order.

• I suppose. But order can be a bit boring.

• o. O wtf Is going on here?

• @JackKerouac77 Thanks :)

• I'm only here to get that Amazon voucher... I'm sure I've answered similar questions 40 times with different mugs

• Yeah, there hasn't been much activity these days... But I think for me it's to do with time zones since most of the GAG users are American and I'm British.

• Yeah, that's true. But I've also met a lot of people from India and Australia. But yeah time difference is a major influence as well.

• man,... why do people always overreact after every change the admins do to this place, lol. It's like the end of the world every time they make a tweak. Same sort of talk happened when we moved from the old site to the new site, and instead of gag dying off, it grew in activity. GaG now is the same in terms of entertainment as it always has been for me... minus just a few notable members who aren't with us anymore

• I used to make GaG exciting... now I'm just depressed

• As it always has been.

• By that I mean It has barely changed for me, still an interesting place to be and spend a couple minutes of my time,

I don't use anon anyway, so the changes to that doesn't really bother me.

• Okay, thanks for sharing your take on it :)

• I have been feeling so...

• No way, these GaGers love to talk about sex as much as I love to hear ( MOANS ) it ! ( Kiddin' )
    Quite enjoyable.

xoxoxo

• Haha um...

• hahahahaa~
      oh, I may have some screws loose, but enjoying people's reaction remains priceless.

Cheers love!

• Cheers?

• Yeah its boring to the point I'm having more fun taking the unpopular opinion and getting negative votes besides the obvious no I wouldn't or yes I support or yes we do this route.

• Wow, so you're desperate for some entertainment. Haha it's that bad.

• Most questions are either yes or no and the political questions are obvious half the questions you already have the answer to.

• Yeah.

• It doesn't seem any worse to me, and we still have amazing g@gers, more than i could mention

• No, it's not boring

• Well I'm glad you're not bored :)

• I miss all those friends with benefits questions.

• Haha yeah some of those were entertaining/ fun to answer.

• I don't know, it's still pretty crazy around here to me.

• But there's little to none with anonymous posting, do you agree?

• Haha okay. Well thanks for your opinion! :)

• :p Thanks.

• Not really. Six year veteran here. But it can get old and I just take a break and check in instead.

• Yeah I don't like how our exact ages are right by our user pictures. I would like more control over that kind of personal information. I'm thinking about protesting using the site because of that. I also don't like how being anonymous doesn't hide the exact age. I don't like the look of the circular profile picture frame either but that's not a big deal. I would rather see the whole pic, not a frame. More options would be nice: like if I want to choose to share my exact age.

• Yeah. And I would say just voice your opinion like you are here. They actually want people's feedback so if you stay quiet, nothing will happen. I wrote my take on it and even posted on the take written from an administrator about the new changes. One of the admins told me that they are aware of the dislike on the age thing for anonymous users and they said they are working on it. I think they either will give anons the age range or allow them to show age or not. But we will see.

• Yeah I'm almost certain the exact age being shown by anonymous users will change. I still really don't like how we're all forced to show our age right by or picture. That's my main issue for not wanting to post on the site. Many people that I've chosen to tell knew it before the change. I would like for me and many others to have the option of who to tell that information to.

I can see how they want to give perspective to answerers and question askers by showing their age. I liked how having age groups did that in a more vague way. I feel like I'm walking in public with my age on my forehead and with everyone else, their agree is the first piece of information I see. If I could change it to 99 years old I would.

• Yeah I guess.. it feels like the questions are just plain stupid now-a-days. I don't have the patience to give my opinion half the time

• Would you say seeing someone's exact age effects your willingness to respond to their question? Like now that ages are exact, if someone is like 53, would you avoid their question altogether?

• I don't know if I'd avoid them altogether. That really depends on the question they ask, but it might make me a bit reluctant

• School is in session. Most of GAG is comprised of students. I'm sure you can figure this out.

• It generally always was.

• Anytime we enjoy ourselves in unison, the fun police come out and ban 10 of us.

• I never really use Facebook... It was always a laughable idea, but people will buy whatever you cram down their throat if you market it properly.

• True.

What Girls Said 8

• Gag is what you make of it.

If you're on here to converse and (a lo t of users you like left), I can see why you would find Gag boring.
    But if you're solely on here to answer questions or ask (not use much of the messaging feature), I can see Gag being pretty much the same for you.

It all comes down to why you are really on here,
    and what entertains you the most on Gag.

• Nah that's not true. Of course I love to talk to people but my main reason for being here is because I love helping people. My concern is that because of the age exactness, people are afraid to ask questions and it's just sad that some questions will be answered less or not at all because of someone's age. And it makes it boring when people leave or aren't participating.

• Yes , it has :(

• be the change that you want to see in GAG

then again, I'm glad that we've lost the daily religion questions, I was getting bored of bashing entire religions conceptually. I'm pretty sure most of the people who have me blocked actually blocked me during those discussions, lol.

• Then be mega random like your buddy lol @Mesonfielde

• Well I posted 3 questions now, have at it

• I agree completely I don't even want to get on gag anymore

• Same, but would you if they made anonymous posts so that there was an age range? Cuz they tell me they're working on it!

• Me too, but if there's still hope for the age change then ill stay about a week longer before I completely delete my account.

• Agree!! Its getting pretty boring :/ ...

• as long as you're here, its not so boring for me :D

• Aww :) thanks... I like all your questions veryyy interesting:D @kain7th

• Yeah, GaG is starting to lose it's pizzazz for me.

• Can you comment on why? I'm just curious.

• I don't know, a lot of the questions aren't really grabbing my attention lately anymore. And I'm just so tired when I get home from work it's just kind of like "meh, yeah, your dick is tiny, we get it. I'd rather be sleeping."

• Hahaha that's hilarious. Yeah, I hate those types of questions.

• Yes boring
    i think because of the actual age thing

• Yeah I think so. I will probably leave soon.

• No it's just boring and a huge waste of time that's all.

• ok that i understand

• yeah, it seems more boring to me now.. I usually get more notifications per day.

• Yeah I feel you.

• Less penis questions = less notifications for you

• @Ihav2fart makes sense lol but the penis notifications have stopped long ago

• The site has been going downhill for quite a while. All the best members have already left. There are very few users on here these days. I won't be surprised if the site gets shut down pretty soon.

• I don't think it will get shut down lol but yeah people keep talking about users they like leaving.

• Very few, I guess. 2 dozen at most. Every user has 2 or 3 accounts.

• Whhhaaattt? 2 or 3 accounts? How?