Anyone getting phantom notifications?

I woke up to a notification of a mention, yet when I open the list of mentions, none of them have the little yellow notation. Historically, even a notification on an older question would be bumped to the top of the chronology until it was viewed. I went through the entire list, and even opened each question I've ever been mentioned on in hopes of clearing it, but to no avail. I also tried signing out and back in... no dice.

I'm wondering if this is just a bug in the new layout, or if my worst fears have been confirmed and I am, in fact, a moron, and I'm just doing something wrong, haha.

Anyone else having any issues with this? Figured I'd post this as a question to either bring the issue to light, or give you all a venue in which to mock my stupidity...

@Sparrow24 Are YOU the evil genius behind this? 😜

Yupppp... I'm just an idiot. GAG playing chess while WhiteSteve plays checkers. The good people of GAG are aware and working on it!👍

Most Helpful Guy

• They're aware - this is to the right of my screen (on a PC)

G@G News
    Ghost Notification

We are aware of the ghost notification issue, that some of you are seeing notifications for new posts that aren't there.
    No need to worry, this will be fixed soon!

In the meantime, see what's new in our FAQ and in our myTake, What’s New on G@G Street!

• Ahhh, I'm on my phone, so it's all the way on the bottom.

When all else fails, read the directions.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't have one, or at least I don't know if I have one or not. LOL, I have like 73 notifications right now.

• yes the ghost notification. i didntknow about it till the admin replied and asked me to check the gag news.
    so annoying the notification

• Haha I had you mentioned in one buddy, but the question was alas deleted 😞😢. It was a "gooder" as well about some dude wearing women's undies 👍.

• They're working on it... so they say 😉

• Not phantom ones, but I don't get notified about messages...

• We're aware and it'll be fixed soon :-)

What Guys Said 4

• i've got 1 not. and i want it to leave... arrrrgh

• i wanna ask u earlier about it whether u had it too hahah
      yes super annoying

• @kangy LOL by the way, i wanted to tell you that you were the one who inspired me for making the question do you write "you" as "you" or "u"... because i've noticed that you use "u" often XD

• LOL thanks for creating a topic for that :DDDD
      i was thinking how come it sounded so much like me

• Yup I've seen this happen to me, too

• Yep, but thanks for the free Xper

• I wish I would. ;_; I feel so unimportant that even the system doesn't care about me.