Is it okay for 25+ year olds to have sex with 16-17 year olds?

Age of consent over here is 16. Legally, I can have sex with them. What you think?

I'm not talking about dating them, just hooking up at parties, etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• Even if 16 is the age consent I still consider it a child.
    That person is still in high school.
    That person cannot legally do anything but give up their body.
    They cannot vote, they cannot legally drink, get into bars/clubs.
    I just think it's morally wrong.
    I consider 18+ different.

What Girls Said 18

• no it isn't even though it is over age of consent.
    the 25 plus is taking advantage of the naiveness or innocence of the 16 to 17 yo.

• Nooo... Girls are super sensitive at that time of their lives. I don't think it'd be very smart to do that. Maybe you should just stick with girls closer to age. >.<

• When I was 25, I viewed people at that age as kids still. They aren't even young adults at that age. 16- 17 year olds are quite vulnerable, and impressionable. I would be wanting to guide them in their life, not hook up with them.

• Morally I find it wrong but I think most guys disagree. Cuz they think with their dicks

• No I don't think that's okay even if it's legally okay. There's a huge maturity gap there.

• What would you think if a 25+ years old man had sex wit your 16 years old sister?

• If the law says it's okay then fine.
    I think it's gross though.
    Probably because 16 to me is still a child.

• I honestly do not see anything good coming of it.

• No it's not okay. Imagine you have a 16 year old daughter and some old 25 year guy comes to do her?

• I have no room to say, when I was 15 my boyfriend was 26..
    Stick with 18+, not for the maturity level (for there are some younger people who seem way older than their age) but because the way you said it sounded creepy.

• Is there way to say it that doesn't sound creepy?

• "there's really a girl that I have began to have feelings for at work. Only thing is, she's 17 and I'm 26. I'm afraid of the gap between us" yes

• Wait, never mind. I just noticed the part where he said just hooking up, no dating. Disregard my comment

• I personally find that gross.

• Jits wrong you shouldn't do it go for older

• i think if the girls says yes then yes thats fine.

• It depends on the person and situation.

• It's a bit off, as most definitely aren't emotionally & mentally adults. 16-20 is probably the biggest gap I can see being a possibly good idea.

• No, not ok.

• It might be legal, but its still fucked up. At 16 and 17 they really aren't anywhere near being emotionally mature yet.

What Guys Said 13

• Dude you should be looking for younger girls but not that young like 18 would be dope!
    but 16 do u even want to deal with that immaturity? they get attached and all that shit! screw that bro
    move on to older women like 30 year old ladies lol

• I just hit it and quit it

• That's pushin it a little bit. Not wrong, but real sketchy... And kinda wrong

• No it's not, because sex leads to pregnancy. If you're not willing to support the baby, then don't have sex. Don't tell me that you won't get the girl pregnant, because more likely you will. Dating them, hooking up at parties - it doesn't matter. Why would you waste your own tax dollars to support someone having a kid that can't support them? Oh, wait. You're that kid that can't support them? Don't have sex.

• since it's legal then i see no prob

• If it's in your rational self-interest, it's fine.

I don't know how you would actually meet one, though. You mention hooking up at parties. But, if alcohol is involved, that could be a crime.

• Let's put it this way: I doubt that it would be in your rational self-interest. But, since it isn't illegal, I won't say it would never be in your rational self-interest.

• As long as both parties agree, I don't see a problem with that.

Besides, I actually did it myself multiple times :P

• I think its strange but if its legal then go for it. Stay away from my sister lol

• Your sister is no different.

• There's a reason there's an age of consent.
      Younger teens are easily manipulated.
      Relationships with one older adult and one legal child puts the child in a situation in which they are dependent on the adult party and thus gives the adult more control which can lead to other issues. also a 16 year old girls prefrontal cortex is less developed than a 25 year old man's. That part of the brain is responsible for decision making. which again places more control with the adult. There's also an extreme difference in maturity and a young teen who can barely drive can't vote probably has no job, lives at home w parents, knows nothing about taxes and shit has NOTHING in common with a college graduate. Which probably means there's a bad motive there. Sex. Legal systems have found that teens are so immature that they cannot legally consent.
      Now in some areas the age of consent may be very low but that does not mean its okay.

• Telling a 24 year old man he can't love a 14 year old girl is perfectly fine in my eyes as it violates her rights although she may not yet understand that.

• Thats wrong man. Anyway why would you hook up with a 16 years old she probably doesn't know how to have sex she is inexperienced maybe cause you can manipulate her easier thats wrong stick to you age you would develop faster that way

• Mmm you are 25, leave them alone they are little girls, get in with women's.

• Too young.

• its cool tho but it is against the law

• Isn't it weird that it's more acceptable for a younger (less mature) person to have sex and/or a relationship with a younger person - even though we also all seem to agree that you're more likely to have a bad time with an immature person?

And do we feel the same if it's 25+ women with 16/17yo guys?

Weird.

• No dude. Thats just wrong. I mean i get it that they're hot and all but If they want to I don't know man. I think thst wrong