Anyone else think it would be a good idea for GAG to install the ability for people to request to follow you if your profile is private?

Random late night idea, seems like it would make sense to me. Like how on Instagram, if your profile is set to private that simply means people have to send you a request to be able to follow you. That way you can choose who can follow your stuff and who can't.

Seems like it would make more sense than how it is now, with the ability to have followers totally taken away if you have a private profile.

So, yay or nay?

• Good idea 👍
  • No. Go to sleep.

Most Helpful Guy

• 👌👍✋👊 sounds like a plan Stan🎆🎇🎉🎊🎈and the option to like or dislike the replays on comments

What Guys Said 22

• "I know I'm in the minority on this, but I said "No." I also feel the same way for any social networking websites.

Why? Because it makes little to no sense to me. The whole idea of these websites is to connect and meet new people. If your profile is private, this makes it impossible. It takes away the fun."

BINGO! Redfan192 nailed it.

• Thank you for your timely question... This feature is actually in the plans. We will implement it very soon. Stay tuned :)

• That's what I wanted to tell GAG.

• yes of course.

• I know I'm in the minority on this, but I said "No." I also feel the same way for any social networking websites.

Why? Because it makes little to no sense to me. The whole idea of these websites is to connect and meet new people. If your profile is private, this makes it impossible. It takes away the fun.

• The way I see it, though, is the way that they have it now is what's taking away the fun. On pretty much all social media sites, if your profile is private that simply means that you can accept or deny follower/friend requests, instead of randoms being free to follow you. You're still connecting, but it lets you avoid creepers/weirdos. Whereas the way the private profiles are set here on GAG, your option to connect is taken away a bit.

• See, I'm the type of person who likes following random people or commenting on random posts. This is the main reason I like the fact the profiles are not private.

• I agree with this

• Yes i like the idea of having a private profile but give people the ability whether they want follow you and whether you want to accept a person or not that i support :-)))

• I say give the option in the setting menu

• Sure why not

• I think GAG should also include the option of being able to delete one's post or opinions instead of just disavowing it.

• Or you can just ask them on the comments sections here and then if they follow you that will allow you follow them back since their profile is private.

• Asking someone to follow you? Who even does that? I'm not going to follow someone just because they ask me to... But I just read what you said again and like how you were describing instagram you just have to send requests to someone you want to follow that seems like a good idea to me to

• Good idea...

• But why not just message the person?

• Because they usually have it set as "allow messages from followers only " So I guess you'd have to ask them to take themselves of off private right? (on a question somewhere)

• @mistninja314 oohhh thanks.. You opened my mind

• I've had to ask 3 GAGers to "quickly take yourself off of private, so that I can follow you" then put "yourself back private before the pervs come LOLOL " ^^

• Yes, there is someone I really want to follow but she has her account private

• I don't want people to follow me.

• Good idea!

• It would be nice.

• No. That sucks. It's convoluted and just gives a new avenue for annoying people.

• I picked No. Go to sleep because its funnier, i think its a good idea.

• I have always wanted to follow a private person.

• I'm all for it.

• That would be a very nice addition.

What Girls Said 7

• That would be nice! There are a few people here I'd love to follow but can't unless they follow me first.

• Yes, that would be an aweome idea I think :)

• You can M them as a request.

• thumbs up
    it would be good

• It was like that when I first joined GAG. You could either accept or reject friends.

• Yea, its a good idea, its really frustrating that they dont

• Yes! There's this user I always wanted to follow, but he's always been private :(