Why is it so terrible that I'm thirteen?

Ok, so every time I try to answer someone's question, I get hate because I'm only thirteen. Why is this so terrible? If I didn't know what I was talking about then I wouldn't answer.

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably because the questions or decisions you're pondering over will last a lot longer than you've possibly been on this earth, just people sharing the wisdom gained from their mistakes that's all.

You don't have to listen to them if you don't want to , what are they going to do?
    Leap out of the screen and throttle you?
    http://i.ytimg.com/vi/WA3B-AZFJIU/0.jpg

What Guys Said 6

• "If I didn't know what I was talking about then I wouldn't answer"

That's the thing, you don't know that you don't know what you're talking about yet. You're currently smarter and more intelligent than you've ever been in your life. But compared to people out in the real world, you haven't experienced much of life yet. Give it 10 years, you'll look back at how ignorant and naïve you were as a teenager. We all do. And I'm sure in 20 years I'll look back at my 23 year old self and laugh at how stupid I was.
    Just a part of life. Don't get mad. Learn from the experiences of folks that have already lived it.

• don't worry. some people are just like that, don't give a damn about them

i don't mind about ages... wether you are 13 or 93 i'd treat you equally

• If you stay away from sex talk threads that would be great

• Because we're under 18 and we don't know about life.

• It's not terrible. Maybe people are just surprised. Don't worry about those oldies :P

• The fact that you think you know what you are talking about is exactly why there is a problem with a 13 year old giving answers.

Just like when I am fifty, I will look back on some of my own answers and shake my head.

What Girls Said 4

• Probably because a lot of 13 year olds THINK they know what they're talking about when they really don't. And I'm not specifically talking about you here, I don't even know you, I'm just speaking in general from what I've personally witnessed on this site. Of course, I will not judge people by their age, if a teenager gives good advice, I don't mind recognizing that. However, on more than one occasion, I have come across young teens who are very arrogant and cocky about their "opinions" and think they know everything when in reality, they don't.

I'm not saying that as a "dig" towards younger people, it's just something I have frequently noticed. That being said, I don't like making prejudgments about people so I will gladly listen to the point of view of a younger teen and take what they have to say into consideration, as long as they seem logical and rational. And at the same time, there are many older users here who also don't really know what they are talking about either. I think it's just easier for most people here to make these assumptions about the younger users BECAUSE they are so young.

So, yeah, I'm sure it sucks from your point of view but, that's just how it is. No one should be hateful towards you because of your age though and honestly, if someone makes personal attacks towards you because of your age instead of attempting to counter your argument, then you've already won the debate.

• Because some people believe: "experience = knowledge." I don't agree with it.

• its not terrible at all... some people act this way but there's no need for generalization

• Just answer age appropriate questions