There should be an age limit on this site, who agrees?

i think there should totally be an age limit on this site, a lot of adults talk very explicitly on here including myself, or there should be an age selection we can choose from who gets to see our post, i also think its weird how they dont alow dirty pictures on here but all the explicit conversation is allowed... why not allow both? Im all for it.
there's too many young kids on here, I've 13 year olds commenting on my post. Its not cool. Some of us have no business speaking with minors, especially about the usual topics i see on here.
Who agrees?

• pro age limit audience
  • i dont care, let them see
Omg im sorry but i just can't with you, you keep missing the point. I dont care if they have good advice or not, its not compfortable for a lot of people like myself... let them spread the knowledge to kids their own age. That is all.

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem with the site, is that it's free. If you find the site, and sign up, it doesn't matter what age you put, they're not going to check your i. d. or anything.. it's free. Once they start charging, (if they ever do), then they can put age limits

• Yea you're right , it is totally free.
      I've only been here a couple days and was suprised to see 13 year olds on here.

• I saw a question on here that should not be viewable by 13 year olds, 14 and all the way up to at least 18, if not 21, or even 26. they removed it, asap

What Guys Said 27

• Doesn't bother me, i was one of those 13 year old pubescent boys once.

• They can block 'Sexual Behaviour' & 'Sexual Health' topics. They can't even talk dirty here because they'll be flagged under 'explicit' & 'adult content' reasons.

• i believe every age is welcomed here

from newborn babies to 400 yo vampires

• I always thought it should be an 18 and over site. I have no Idea why Its like this.

• Without strict controls, anyone can sign onto this site and claim to be 13, or 21, or 50. There is no age verification used here. Whatever birthdate you choose will cement your age onto this site.

Yes there are some topics on here that are best left for older individuals, but then it becomes a veiled form of censorship. GAG is a microcosm of society, as is the entire internet. Young children have access to far worse material than the few risqué comments made here.

Let's keep it open and keep it civil.

• These kids will talk about whatever they want to talk about, do whatever they want to do. Restricting them from this site will just make them go to another site. The way I see it, I'd rather an adult give them good, prudent advice than have them get the kind of terrible, false rumor and urban legends that most of us adults remember hearing when we were that age. The less misinformation they get at their age, the better off they'll be later on.

• Im talkimg about them being all up in a adults thread commenting on an adults question. You missed the whole point of what bothers me.

• So just ignore them? Not like they don't have their ages displayed to make it easy or anything

• Yeah, I think they have their place on this site... but not in these adult conversations.

• 1.) Anyone can lie about their age on the internet.
    2.) They can hear foul language everywhere: on a street, on TV, in schools etc. So what now, you should lock your kid up in a basement and isolate him from the rest of the world?

My stance on foul language is quite neutral. I use it myself sometimes in order to underline some emotion or stance in conversation. Besides, foul words are usually shorter and get you to the point faster, yet a sentence still doesn't lose it's meaning. I mean you can type "that food was terrible" or you can type "that food was shit" and you still get the point. Besides, calling food "shit" better underlines how bad it is than just "terrible".

Cussing for it's own sake like Jay in "Jay & Silent Bob" during intro near the grocery store is a bad of a different story. I believe if someone's using language like this, their posts are probably deleted, because while I've seen a lot of posts with some foul language in them, I've never a post where foul language is more than 50% of words. And I've been here for 4-5 years now I think.

It is the parent's responsibility to explain to their kids what is a foul language, whether they should use it or not etc. Don't try to transfer that responsibility from parents to some website online.

• Your comment is irrelevant, not what i was talking about at all...

• . . . or you could use creative writing skills! 😊

"The food doled out to us was repulsive!"

It takes more time and effort, and can be even more effective. Besides do you really have the palate to distinguish restaurant entrees from fecal material?

• Step 1 remake their accounts into 18+
    Step 3 view threads as a legal minor, while being considered as an adult on GAG LOL

But I agree

• an adult on GAG*

• Same thing I be thinking. But you'd meet the BANhammer real quick which I find to be sad >< LOL

I like your idea though and. if and when those minors decided to take "THAT METHOD" we shouldn't be held accountable anyway right? (#^ ^#) LOL

• Honey, of you ever want to show someone your boobs, ass or vagina then I'll take one for the team and take a look for you. Hahah. ;) I don't mind really... Lol. Serious though, you have a great point... Wait, I was serious before too... Hahah

• I agree with you. It is really awkward when you ask some 18+ questions and small girl/boys start giving their opinions...

• While it's good in theory, there's nothing from preventing a younger person from putting in a fake birth date.

• I think there shouldn't be. If any minor wanna see explicit things, it'll find a place. Here we give advice and our opinions and they'll start to understand how the real world works. Let them participate. However, I agree with non explicit pictures.

• I have no problem with them being on here. In school, Many of them are already seeing and hearing about things that us adults only dealt with as adults. The key is, To use discretion when posting. This is kind of like Facebook. I don't mind giving advice to some of our younger ones when they don't have too many good role models in the world.

• Than you DocT1977. GAG is an avenue for help, opinions and comments which we all can share and participate in.

• Thank you. My only hope is that people choose to use this site constructively. I like most of what I see so far.

• I think we should be able to select what age groups see our posts

• Me too

• I love it, excellent point.

• But then it'd depend where you're from. 16 is the age of consent where I'm from.

• It can be kinda scary, who knows if some douche bag is trying to make a quick, easy bust online and makes a case against you for discussing a sexual topic with a minor, makes you out to be a perv. Who knows.

• That too.

• Flip did of the coin though is what if some minors do have legit questions and really have no one to ask in their lives. Tough question.

• If you do this the actual mature teenagers will be kicked out also.

• Thats fine, i dont care if theyre mature or not. Again, its not about that.
      A lot of people dont feel compfortable talking with minors or getting their opinions on explicit content or marriage and divorce

• 17 years old is a kid? so now i'm 17 and 11 months years old , does that still make me a minor? :D

• @archersarrow Not at all, infact in some countries you'd be married by now.

• Someone else's kid are not my problem. That said, I really wish they would implement a user option to be hidden from (or block) people under certain ages.

• I think it should be 16+ again. I joined when I was 16, by the way.

• why are literally kids on here? jeez...

• I agree with you but no one can ban underage child except the site handler but some children's find saying wrong age to be on this site so don't worry enjoy on thus site

• I agree with you!! :-)

• I think censorship is up to the parents. Besides all they will do is lie about age.

• I get that, but this is just my opinion on something this site could improve on.

• I would end up making a new account so that I could see what's going on. ;)

• Ughhhh get out , haha
      Come back in like 3 years lol
      Its so uncompfortable talking to someone as young as you... even on this thread lol

• Yeah, I understand though. There should be an option to where you can select the age group that you want to see your post. I was just kidding about my opinion, I don't ever get into the sexual stuff.

• I'm honestly tired of people like you. Constantly complaining about minor things. Honestly they aren't your children so why should it matter?

• Age is a number, whoever disagrees must be literally a fool.
    I keep seeing 24 year olds acting like 14 year olds and explicit content is not a problem at all, nowadays 12-14 year olds talk about the craziest explicit stuff anyway.

• 13 through 17 year-olds know just as much about sex as we do they just might not have had sex yet... they can be on this site learning things or on a p*rn site watching a gang bang dp with facial endings.

• Not my point anon.
      My point is i dont want kids on my thread because for me its uncompfortable getting replies from minors about sex, thats not right. When i ask a question im looking for answers from adults, not kids. I disagree, 13 - 17 dont know as much about it. Maybe a 17 year old yea, but younger... i dont think so.

• Yes if a credit card was needed you would weed out the under 18 crowd and anyone who wouldn't pay to be on this site including me

• Thats fine, as long as it gets rid of them im fine. Thats the whole point here.

• I'm 17 and just as legal to have sex as any of you. I'm also legal to drink in a month. Maybe I'm more 'grown' than you?

• you're missing the point, you're still a minor by law. Anyone who is an adult shouldn't be having these kind of conversations with minors. you are about to literally barely cross that minor to adult line, fine i get it. But as you can see, i listed specifically little kids, i mentioned a 13 year old. & no i wouldn't say you're more grown than me or anyone else on this thread. Being legal to drink does not make you more grown or whatever orher reasons you may have. You are considered a child still, sorry.

• You're missing my point... well you're American so I guess you're not used to it but I'm not a minor. I'm 17 and in uni. If I was in America then yes I'd be a minor. I understand what you're saying. Good night ( why do I always fuck up with girls)

• To me you are a minor and i will always see you as that as long as im in america and your still 17.

What Girls Said 16

• allow explicit images? girl u cray?

while i understand ur angle, i actually think it's we that need to remember that all these ages will view our posts. just because u wish to say or show something explicit, doesn't mean u have to go ahead with it. u can easily fashion ur question or response in a way that doesn't come across as extremely forward about a certain issue. also, u can block these users if it bothers u so much. GaG is about welcoming users of all ages.

• so i read my opinion again and it sounds like I'm attacking u lol. i didn't mean it to seem so, just so we're clear =]

• "there should be an age selection we can choose from who gets to see our post"

This

• I absolutely do not see any problem with underage members 13 and up talking about sexual matters and reading about them. It is what they will face in one, two, or at the most five years after the age of 13. It is what they will face in their lives in future no matter what happens. What do you want to do? make nuns hermits of under 18 girls and boys? keep them out of any sexual topic and when they get 18 they face a completely different world than the limited world they were in?

they should know. they should start to know everything as they start to grow up as a teenager. But what should be considered here is that they should be carefully guided and taken care of by any people who advice them and especially by their parents, while they should be relatively free too to express themselves and their opinions. It is only in this way that they grow to be adults.

Teenage years are a very short passing period that everyone is in between childhood and adulthood in his or her life. It is not a period to remain and it is not a period as childhood and adulthood. it is 7 years at the most, for many who mature sooner less than 5 years. And the only important thing about it is to make these years a bridge in the safest and most secure way possible to connect childhood to adulthood. Where teenagers walk on the bridge being taken care of by their parents and the society, but heading towards the other side of the bridge that is adulthood they should be informed and even experience what they will face in the future.

that is the only way to treat teenagers in the best way possible.

also contradictory opinions and bad advice will always exist. it is up to the teenager himself or herself to think, read, and conclude and find the best way for himself or herself, this is the most important part of becoming an adult.

• That wasn't my point. I dont want to interact with teenagers about explicit content, nor do i want them commenting on my post with their advice. Its not appropriate. Im talking about dirty sex talking, not your basic sex ed. If you feel compfortanble talking with 13 year olds about your sex with your man and letting them give you advice, thats you, personally for me its not right.

What you're talking about is a whole different thing.
      I agree with you on certain pieces but this thread is opposite of what you wrote.

• This person has hitler in their username.

• I know it may be uncomfortable for you to talk to them but you can tolerate their presence on the topics. in what other way they want to learn more about the relationship between a couple the benefits and issues about it? it is through hearing others experiences. We all learn through hearing and seeing others experiences and also experiencing ourselves.

Those fantasies exist in a teenager's mind too and in the wildest ways. they are not specific to adults though acting upon those fantasies may be relevant for adults. So let them see and even talk about it, if you care enough you can guide them, if you do not it is just hearing an experience for them.

try to tolerate them more than ignoring them. as wrong and immature as they want to be. there is no other way to treat teenagers.

• How would you like to be banned by many sites just because you're older? If you want to see dirty images, go look at p*rn . GaG is an advice site and any truly explicit comments get removed pretty quickly.
    I think you worded this wrong though. You want there to be an age range restriction that you choose on your own question? I think that's a fairly good idea because tbf you can't get much advice from a 13 year old on career/sex advice for example. If that's the case, I'm for it but you should take it up with the admins, they could implement it. However, most people may decide that 13 year olds shouldn't answer their question so what they do see are outdated questions or barely any fun questions!

• I think having an age limit on this site is a good idea but I honestly don't see how it would really stop the underaged kids from creating accounts. They could easily fake their age. I did it with MySpace way back which I'm sure other people did too. It's easy to something like that on internet sites...

• There's no point. They could just enter a fake birthday when they sign up so that they're "old enough" to join.

• Honestly if you do that we can lie about our age! by the way majority of the teens on here give the best advice... Also without is this site wouldn't have a chance because we literally basically took over from -20 sorry but its true you can accept it or gtfo if you don't like it join another advice site there's many because honestly we need help to and its not just y'all I think I'm done here so bye

• I know I'm going to piss you off, because obviously I'm in that age range, but if you don't like us commenting on your illicit posts, which I don't do by the way, just don't respond. Does it really change your life? You don't even have to read it. But that's kind of a jerk move. I post on what I know, and ask questions on what I want to know. I don't post on those sex questions i know nothing about..

• I'd be happy if there was even a way to just filter out the under 18s questions etc...

• Being able to choose ages seeing questions would make no difference as you can fake your age on accounts, also the website is girls ask guys not women ask men. I have never thought of this as an adult website. I understand you are uncomfortable speaking to anybody under 18. maybe just ignore their replies to your questions or not post questions about your sex life?

• Really because i see tons of adults on here... as old as 50 even.
      Yea they can fake their age but i would at least feel content seeing 18+ replying to me. Even if a few are lying, im not going investigate them all you know?

• There are a lot of adults on the site but with what the site is called, most of the questions asked, and how disrespectful some people can be it comes across as a site for teenagers and young adults. Maybe what you are suggesting could work.

• The sexuality section is already closed off to people under 18. I think yr being a little but ageist when u say u don't wanna talk to minors. This is an advice website, they come here for advice. Lay off?

• Are you sure because i had a 13 year old on my post about pussy so? Yea i dont want to talk to minors about sex and prefrences in mens penises? So? Is that so bad? Sorry your compfortable talking to little kids about what you like in bed. How about you lay off my thread and the kids too.

• I looked at your genital question. There are no under 18s on it. What are u even talking about?

• It was a different one, i deleted it.

• When I was 13 I already knew about this stuff soo... Doesn't bother me.

• Not every 13 year old is like you, its not about knowing. Its about me not wanting to discuss topics like these with kids, its disgusting.

• you're irrelevant,

• There's no easy way to regulate that

• You ever thought of making me people pay to use the site?

• Lmao are you serious. You are some dumbass bourgeois girl it seems

• THERE IS NO EASY WAY TO REGULATE THAT WITHOUT MAKING PEOPLE PAY

• There is way available more easily across the web.

What worries me about younger users is they may be influenced by the really messed up people on here. The woman haters, the crazy girls who desperately need rating to feel any self worth... It's a poisonous little environment at times and I'd hate to think someone would see the views here and think they are views of the common population.

• I'm an adult and even to me conversations on here are way too explicit. I don't care about sex talk at all. Sure, everyone may have some doubts here and there, but people go on writing detailed tutorials and promoting multiple partners as learning experience.
    More than banning the minors, adults should just be more careful about what they talk about and how they talk about things IMHO. But some if not most people don't seem to be able to talk about anything else.

• Exactly. We all need to discuss whatever we wish tactfully. There are limitless opportunities for open expression. Some of these topics are controversial if not outright ridiculous. We make a difference by confronting the outrageous statements and showing, in a benign way, how petty such topics are. Our fingertips allow us to respond in a mature way to the immature utterances made by a few.
      Keep it open to ALL, and let us all make meaningful responses.

• Who cares? It's really not that serious.