Should there be a block feature to block ages 13-17 to view questions which are explicit and are not suitable for them to see & appropriate to answer?

I think this would be a good feature to implement.

@jacquesvol stop spamming if you don't want to answer my question. You're trying to flame a war here.
Question poster gets the choice to decide if she or he wants to block the age group from viewing sexually explicit information.

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg i love you, i made a post just like this and a lot of people just kept missing the point of what bothered me. All they did was talk shit just like they are here... fuck em. I get what your saying. I dont agree with children joining in on my sex discussions or commenting... and people are like, they need to learn some day blah blah but i dont think its appropriate for them to see stuff about what size women prefer, fanatasies, or even just the dirtiest shit you know? Thats not something they need to join in on, i don't agree with it... nor do i think us adults should discuss those kinds of things with kids. Basic sex ed and practicing safe sex is not what im talking about here, im talking dirty stuff you know? I. agree with you.

• Amen. You finally get the point. Explicit Information should be controlled and only for the right eyes who are mature enough to deal with it.

• I'm young sexually active sex nothing new

• @TheReturnOfRae
      Thanks for proving explicit material gets removed from Girls askguys. com

What Guys Said 15

• I don't think so. When the 13-17 come here to ask a question, they often really NEED the answer and have nobody else to turn to.

• You misread my question. You're silly.

• I wish you were right :D

• I'm damn right and stand by my convictions. Old people don't hang out in gag and argue with people. They're out travelling in their caravans and with family. You're a troll.

• I don't see the point of blocking an age group given that all members self report their ages when signing up for an account with GAG. Block an age range and you will see an increase in posters who are 18 years and one day old.

• Im aware but what other idea would you suggest? Create a gag junior? :P

• These children also live in the real world where ED medications are advertised in prime time network television. Making GAG into a cloistered club for the sufficiently aged achieves nothing.

There is also the matter of why people come here in the first place. At 25 years old, I can see the attraction of making a place that is your own and only associating with your peers. The thing is, I don't come here to interact with peers (there are not that many to begin with). I come here to lend my life experiences and perspectives to others. I'm here to give answers, not ask questions.
      A bit more context, I am a father of three children ages 24, 19 and 15. At 25, you are just barely and adult yourself. Shutting the door to those next in line serves nothing but your own ego.

• You're going side track. The option to block should be allowed for all who chooses. Period. An analysis of my intention to why i posted this question is not the FOCUS!!

• I think that since there are a lot (and increasing number) of kids having relations, it's good for them to be able to ask about it.

So no, don't think that should be such a feature.

• "Question poster gets the choice to decide if she or he wants to block the age group from viewing sexually explicit information."

Oh, in that case yes, I totally would support the idea.

• Jacques. You never understood the question. I also posted an update relating to it.

• Jacques the only way, questions are blocked from viewing further is depended on the questioner, duh!

• Would we also be able to block non sexually explicit information?

I'm sure most people wouldn't use the feature much anyways. Most people probably don't know what would be crossing the line for sexually explicit. And it's probably a different line for some people. I'm assuming most the explicit stuff on here is meant as a joke or for a reaction, so limiting the amount of people to see it would give them less of an audience.

But perhaps I don't know what questions you're talking about that's sexually explicit. Do you have examples of them?

• Dude i guessed you missed out a lot. No I'm not going go into it.

• Missed out in relation to other people's replies answering my questions? Or missed out in relation to a explicit and inappropriate past? Or some other missed out?

• Nope. Fuck censorship.
    Sheltering kids only creates problems and leaves them with unanswered questions.

• i disagree

i respect every age equally.

• It's not the sites responsibility to parent users. It's their real parents that should determine this.

• You could say that because you don't have kids.

• Agreed you're the complete logical one here, my suggestion isn't realistic. Everyone tells the truth online.

• It's up to parents to control internet use by their children. But parents don't like to do it because their children start to rebel then.
      Anyhow, they'll find things 10 or 100 times more explicit than G@g on the internet or on dvd.

• Nope. Fuck censorship.

• Yes, I do.

• I agree, that there should be a block. However, it seems that some young kids already talk about that stuff - which is crazy.

• Yes in their own questions and flashing their cleavages.

• We talked about so much at 10-12... :D

• Well if they do implement this, at least I Will only have less than a year left.

• That age thing was just brought up as a general idea because they don't have the age range category anymore.

• No. You know people those ages are sleeping around a lot right? Chances are if they're doing that, they watch explicit stuff anyway so the option is redundant.

• So you think they should be exposed to those sexually explicit questions, which implies they are equally into that?

• Anonymous (25-29)
      I propose you put a parental control on children's computers, rather than trying to censor the internet.

• Jack ur getting weird now. Your obsessing about this too much.

• No. Even though Theyre young they probably know all explicit material you are trying to hide...

• I don't assume every teen is damingly horny.

• And one can always make another account that

• But not everything! There are innocent minds here too but watching p*rn does not mean they know everything. They are not sexperts

• No, I hate censorship.

• Why would you care? You're not a teen. I'm only talking about the kids here that should be blocked from viewing explicit info in what others want to include in their question?

• You're not going to stop them by blocking them. They might as well learn the truth instead of myths.

• It doesn't affect you as I'm looking at your age here unless you are 16 in actual fact.

• That or just don't post XXX material

What Girls Said 19

• Such a feature would probably just push many users to lie about their age and easily get around the block. It happens all the time on sites that have age restrictions. Heck even when the age requirement here used to be 16 there'd still be younger users signing up pretending to be over 18. The point is, on the Internet trying to keep people from something almost always fails. They'll find a way to get what they want, if they really want it.

Anyways, it's possible to block certain topics, so if there's anything younger users don't want to see in their feeds, there's always that option.

I see nothing wrong with them having access to adult content and information. Some of it may be helpful to them. That's pretty much the point of this site, many people come here with questions and curiosities they aren't willing to address irl.

The only thing I can think of, would be to maybe treat explicit content, anything in the sexuality topics I guess, the way spoilers are treated on forums... in other words they're hidden until you click to show it, or hover over the text, or whatever. So if such a feature could be applied to under 18 users, they would have the choice to view it or not. But blocking them completing from viewing adult content seems pointless. It's not going to change how they act or think.

What you do on the internet is your own responsibility. If you can't handle something, then you shouldn't be doing it. It's a lesson that people learn all the time online.

• Honestly, I think so. Of course these adolescents like to believe that they know everything and they like to tell themselves they are mature for their age. If I wanted to go ask 13-17 year olds for advice then why would I come to GAG? -_- I will be 23 years old this summer and 9/10 times, an adolescent’s contribution to my question is impartial or incomplete due to the simple fact of prematurity and an underdeveloped brain.

• This is another M h equally with anon's :D

• : ) Thanks

• They are quick to get snippy and swear their heads off. A time bomb ready to go off. I'm bored of their teenage angst and naivety

• There are some many complaints about minors lately. Personally I am cool with them. If there is a block feature, it will work for people who think like you.

• Well if a thirty yo user is asking about sexually explicit question regarding rape fantasies or shaved pussies? Should they be allowed to read it too?

• They will meet those subjects sooner or later. The problem is how they react. You can't hide them forever. However, if they have decent education, they won't even pay attention to those questions.

• Even if you block them, they will still read everything. WHY do so many people need to deny the fact that's the truth? I'm not saying I agree with under 18s knowing all of those things... I'm just saying there's no reason to deny the fact that you can't stop them... On that note, the age of sexual consent in most states (and even quite a few countries overseas) is 16-17, so what's considered to be appropriate sexually doesn't always automatically apply to only over 18s, or even most of the time.

Although, I do think that the Asker should be able to do on their Q's whatever they want... So I guess it would be a good feature to have, as long as there were similar things you could do for the other age groups too.

• You act like the smartest thing in the world. My question was related to the questioner having that option to block. I did not mention gag should censor the whole sexuality topic for the age groups 13-17. I even added that update to be more clear.

Thanks for the mocking.

• LOL I gave a serious answer, and thanks for complimenting my writing! Besides, I actually mentioned in the 2nd paragraph that I actually agree with you, as long as those options were fair and applied to everyone else too.

• There is no two questions asked. Thanks for the sarcasm.

• Personally, I think not.
    The only reason being even if it is an explicit question meant for a certain audience, what's to say they aren't in the same situation looking for a way out. If the feature allowed 16+, Id understand. 13-16 should have questions that aren't explicit.

• Hell no. We'd just get a bunch of dupes on here.
    This is the internet age, if kids have internet and they want to see something, you bet your ass they'll see it.

Allowing kids to come here and access everything with their real age displayed allows us to keep it in mind when replying to them. They're less likely to be bothered with a fake account to cover their age, if their real age is already displayed. At most they'll go anon before they ask and that a GOOD THING.

• Maybe but what about those who don't want to know or absolutely disgusted about it?

• You assume everyone is going to do it. But they suck at reading the faq.

• Not clicking on what bothers you has nothing to do with faq. It's common sense. Everyone on internet knows to do it.

• I think you're making this black and white when it's a gray area. Instead of hiding and shielding kids from sex, they need to be taught information. If they have questions, this may be the only place they can get answers from real people. Some take it over the top, I agree, but I'd rather have them learn than to have no information and make a mistake.

• Ah no. There are lots of good informative sites. Scarleteen is one.

• And that's something that not everyone has heard about. They found this site and they want to use this on. It clearly says their ages so they aren't pretending to be anything different.

• You can't speak for everybody. There a lot of them who put themselves in the 18-24. I suspect some are here to meet others for sextext :P

• I don't think there is a need to, they canalways sign up as another age to look at those topics.
    the more you block , the more it arouse their curiosity

• A "NSFW" option seems useful. Then again those 16-17 year olds will do what they'll do anyway, so they might as well as learn about safe sex and such.

• Oops, I misread it too. I don't think it's a big deal for minors to read explicit questions.

• They abolished the age brackets.

• I believe that blocking off the under 18's to certain questions would be ok, as long as it isn't an automatic thing. There should be maybe a box to check when making the questions to make it an over 18 question. It really could make things a lot safer.

• You didn't read the update. I already mentioned it.

• I don't agree its their choice if they click on the post to view it and if it disturbs them they can report it. Like its not everyone else problem if they chose to look at it.

• You're going backwards here. You're censoring the adults the freedom to express themselves. Lots of adults ask sexual questions - it's not meant for kids anyway so why would the hell, they get to dictate what adults can say here? This site was meant adults and adult content anyway. This is not an educational site or school website so why do we have to bend down for them?

• I asked a question. Now you're saying I'm running the site? Oh marvellous.

• Did I type that? I don't remember typing that you run the site I clearly remember you wrote a question about kids should be block off this site basically banning them from seeing content off this site. Then when I disagree you start being a douche acting like I have no intelligence that I don't understand what your asking. I remember that part and I also remember how I point out the flaw in this block by kids being able to lie about their age to get on this site.

• I think it depends on the question, yes most are not for minors but the age of consent is 16 here, so if your asking for experiences that's one thing but I can understand why you wouldn't want help or advice from people my age

• They're too simple minded. They do not have a bird's eye on marital relationships or sexual relationships (fuck buddies and blowing someone's dick do not count)

• They never seem 100% sure of anything.

• I agree that some questions should have the posibility of blocking the age range 13-17. But I do not agree with all yoir insults and rudeness.

• I don't care what you think. If you are affected by it, why are you here answering? They are equally as rude. Not everything is fine and dandy to your standards.

• Speaking the truth is brutal, then you shouldn't be here.

• Yes, but for teens below 16, not 18, since in some places the age of legal consent is 16.

• I dont think so when you are 13 or even less you know already all what you can see online.

• I wouldnot go as far as to assume that.

• no thats stupid

• This is just a pointless idea. Anyone can lie about their age on here... You aren't asked to prove how old you are. You give a month, day, and year then suddenly a 13 year old is 22. more than likely lots of people lie about their age on here... So why even bother about it. Don't try to solve a problem that doesn't exist

• No. That wouldn't be right. I'm 14 and I've given great advice and received MHO. Some kids are just immature.

• Whaaa? You're srxually experienced?

• I know what you mean. :). Too many of them are bullies and trolls here. I mean look at the news report about kids being everyday in high school by their own age groups. This happens more frequently than workplace bullying.

• And I'm also homeschooled. So no time for foolishness

• I think if someone 18 or over asks an explicit question then there should be an option to block under 18s from viewing it

• I think saying under 18 is a bit too much... maybe 16 and up should be allowed.
      Some countries have different age restriction it wouldn't be fair to all.

• The question says under 18

• Yes that's my point exactly!!!